The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

Yep. Those Epi P90 Pros sound so fantastic in that guitar. Volume down on the guitar and they ring like a bell. Volume up and they are so nasty, in a good way. 

The feedback I can get with that rig is incredible. Shuts the neighbor's music down every time.

Edited by Deej

17 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Foggy, that guitar looks familiar . . .

Yup, this is the main guitar I used in your studio back in 95? 96? I think I also had an old Alamo Fiesta that was only good for tracking feedback haha.

I'm hoping you guys can help me solve a little mystery. When I bought this SG Jr., I asked if it came with a case. The guy at the shop said it didn't come in to the shop with a case, but he found a case in the back that would work and included it in the deal. 

What kind of guitar do you think this case was made for? Check out this pic again and see how the case doesn't fit the contours of the SG. A few months ago I was guitar-sitting for a friend while he was getting his floors done in his house, and I tried his Les Paul in the case. Didn't fit. 

20181019-221837.jpg

I don't think that's it, but it's not far off. The curves in the middle are deeper, more concave, and the bottom is rounder. The case you have has a shape very similar to an acoustic dreadnaught, though I doubt it's deep enough to be an acoustic case. I was thinking maybe a resonator, which has a very similar shape. I know Gibson owns Dobro, but I don't know if there was ever a similar guitar that a Gibson case would be made for.

I hear you, Chad, but as a kid I wanted an L6-S, RD Artist or Gretsch Super Axe so bad it hurt. They were the guitars of the future. So we were told. We were also told there would be flying cars...
My 1st name-brand guitar was a '77 RDD Custom I bought in 1991 for $300 from a pawn shop in Waco. I thought it was a steal! I loved that guitar so hard. I didn't realize how much it sucked until I sold it around 2005 (for $700 if I recall) and bought an Amican Strat.

Well, my first guitar idol was my Dad, who was a child of the 50s.  Thus, a major influence for me were those 50s and early 60s artists and their guitars filtered through the lens of that guy.  Of course, this was all before I discovered flannel and heavily modified offsets thanks to Mudhoney, Nirvana, et al. But the 70s were just so over the top in so many ways.  More whistles and bells and less quality, in general.

All that said, I wouldn't part with my natural 73 P-Bass for all money in the world.  And that's about as 70s as it gets.  

AXS TV tonight

The Ritchie Blackmore Story
HDNET - 340 Tue, 10/23, 9:00 PM 1 hr 15 min
New, Music
Guitarist Ritchie Blackmore is considered one of the greatest of his field with a wealth of experience with multiple genres, such as pop and hard rock, which he has gained in over fifty years in the music industry working with some of the best.

I'm about to sell a couple amps on the craigslist.  If you're in Austin and trolling for an AC30 (CC1 combo) or an Orange Rockerverb 50 head (+/- an Orange 212 cabinet), I'll make you a deal.

Plus you can have that charitable, satisfied feeling -- just knowing that your money will probably get recycled on gear.  

• Like 2

When Led Zeppelin was formed in October 1968, the Dragon Telecaster became Page’s go-to instrument and he played it on stage and in the studio until 1969. It was also the main guitar used on the legendary Led Zeppelin I album. Page went on tour in 1969, and upon his return, he discovered a friend had kindly stripped the body and painted over the dragon paint job. The paint job compromised the sound and wiring, leaving only the neck pickup working.

Good lord.  There has to be more back story than that!  "Hey mate, look!  I refinished your guitar!"

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Good lord.  There has to be more back story than that!  "Hey mate, look!  I refinished your guitar!"

That's pretty much all Page has let on about the incident. He pulled the neck and used it on the brown b-bender later.