The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

I believe Fender also made Telecasters, P-basses and Jazz basses in the International Colors Series. 

Y'all remember when I picked up that minty 68 Deluxe Reverb for AUTF a couple years ago from that collector in northwest Austin? That guy had a Maui Blue Tele from this series in his collection. That was the heaviest Tele I've ever held. It felt like it had a half-inch thick coat of poly on it.

13 hours ago, Grandioso said:

I've been reading about different Strat series, Special Runs (FSRs), vendor exclusives, and such. Stumbled across this totally 80's hot mess. The red, white, and black ones are pretty lazy. "Morocco Red?" Bitch, please. Fender just took all the leftover buckets of red paint they had lying around from the 50's and 60's and mixed that shit all together.

8a8d9d_403bf8e0c9e549dfad7e286f111d2035~

attachment.php?aid=12479

Arctic White: 

international_f_1024x1024.jpg?v=14998044

Capri Orange: 

oo7wepoxyrnqs3cidtdd.jpg

Cathay Ebony:

IMG_63421.JPG

Maui Blue:

vvp28lnlrq7x0celwluz.jpg

Monaco Yellow:

hpsfflx8etmsnmiwhm8t.jpg

Morocco Red:

$_86.JPG

Sahara Taupe:

20180218_175016.jpg

Nope!

2 minutes ago, Grandioso said:

Wow. These crazy offers might depress the used Supro market price substantially. If used Supro combos start selling for the cost of a damn Made in China starter guitar, I will be forced to make a move. Will be watching Reverb closely over the next few weeks.

what kina sound do they give you?

36 minutes ago, Grandioso said:

Wow. These crazy offers might depress the used Supro market price substantially. If used Supro combos start selling for the cost of a damn Made in China starter guitar, I will be forced to make a move. Will be watching Reverb closely over the next few weeks.

I bought that Supro Supreme 1600 for $600. They still go for more than that on the used market. 

15 minutes ago, Bogeywon said:

what kina sound do they give you?

The one I played (can't remember the specific model) had excellent classic American tube amp cleans. Punchy, bright, and Fenderish, but unique. Then, the more you turn up the volume and start pushing it, the more an unmistakable Supro voice starts coming through. The one I played had reverb and trem - both were quality.

If you go to Supro's site you can watch some demos of them cranked up. The overdrive can sound almost fuzz-like, like a Tone Bender. 

There are also side by side demos on youtube of vintage thunderbolts v. reissues. While they aren't identical, they both sound great. The Supro reissues are more like siblings rather than exact clones. 

And I just found this. OF COURSE there an Andy demo. Guitar straight into the amp, no effects. At the end he does the BBC Sessions rocked out version of Thank You.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Let me know what you think of the cleans. I’ve been contemplating buying a 1x15 to play pedal steel through.

Will do. I had a Fender Excelsior with a 15 and 2 6V6's and upgraded to a more efficient speaker that was pretty damn clean. I imagine this one is even more so. 

9 minutes ago, BoomMF said:

That Neptune looks like an fantastic deal, but they also put the Slate MVS Vintage on sale (and are throwing in the Classic Tubes 3 pack) and daddy needs to finally finish off the studio with a good vocal mic.

These are the times that try men's souls.

$700 off. I'd say that's pretty fantastic.

5 hours ago, Grandioso said:

If you go to Supro's site you can watch some demos of them cranked up. The overdrive can sound almost fuzz-like, like a Tone Bender. 

There are also side by side demos on youtube of vintage thunderbolts v. reissues. While they aren't identical, they both sound great. The Supro reissues are more like siblings rather than exact clones. 

And I just found this. OF COURSE there an Andy demo. Guitar straight into the amp, no effects. At the end he does the BBC Sessions rocked out version of Thank You.

Good grief, Andy tends to make me want to buy stuff I don't need.  That amp sounded so good with a Les Paul.  And that "Thank You" solo.

6 hours ago, Grandioso said:

The one I played (can't remember the specific model) had excellent classic American tube amp cleans. Punchy, bright, and Fenderish, but unique. Then, the more you turn up the volume and start pushing it, the more an unmistakable Supro voice starts coming through. The one I played had reverb and trem - both were quality.

I I have a fender hot rod deville 2x12... that’s the way it sounds... love my deville 

Avid Eleven Rack for $199.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ElevenRackSP--avid-eleven-rack-special-edition-includes-pro-tools-first
Even as an audio interface, that's a good deal. Add the modeling and the robust user driven profile community, and you're playing with house money.

This is a great price. They were 5-700 last time I was looking at them.

It's been a while since I went to Infinity, but that is the first place I ever heard about Fano guitars and some small time outfit called "Catalinbread." It's rad. For a good mix of everything (guitars, basses, amps, misc. gear), Rockin Robin is good. For guitars, Fuller's Vintage Guitars is also awesome especially their Gretsch offerings. They have a modest effects counter. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tbone_ said:

Ooh cool. Fullers is close to where I’m holed up in Garden Oaks.

At Fuller's, there is a glass counter with one or two Tweed Deluxes and other late 50's vintage Fenders in it. This is a verbatim conversation I had with a super "how can I help you" type employee last Friday. The dude just has a polite smile during this whole exchange. 

"Hey, do you guys ever take out that Deluxe and just dime it? Rock out...?"

"No."

"Y'all should. That would be awesome. Are those for sale?"

"No."

"Yeah, I  figured."

I love messing with music store employees. Like play a bunch of expensive guitars through expensive amps and then tell the salesman, "ok, box 'em up."

I've also always wanted to point to the most expensive on-display-only thing on the wall and ask what they want for it. Then, when the staff tells me it's not for sale, I whip out an old check book, open it up, take a pen out of my front pocket and in the most dead serious tone say some shit like, "Everything's for sale, friend."

• Like 4