Texas O-line talk

Coach pop a bitch

I thought it was a bad call. The hands are inside and it doesn't look like he pulled the jersey.  It looks like Cam just has really long arms so he was able to maintain contact and push the guy over with strength. 

I thought it was a ticky tack call. Looked like it was technically holding but damn.

13 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

I thought it was a ticky tack call. Looked like it was technically holding but damn.

It didn't even "technically" look like holding. 

Look at ref cam view...he doesn't even grab his jersey or anything. He just shoves the dude to the fucking ground.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

Just now, Magus Ossis said:

Lesson: if your arms are going to be all the way out like that, discontinue contact to make it harder to get called for holding.

Not even a good lesson given what is on film. He did no grabbing or pulling of that player. He shoved him down....don't teach lessons on dog shit calls.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Texas should continue to work on their running game next two weeks.   Great opportunity to work on OL depth and get more reps.  

I like the thought but with what RB? Niblett/grad xfer? 

7 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Texas should continue to work on their running game next two weeks.   Great opportunity to work on OL depth and get more reps.  

Texas should get up big and let the walk on RBs/baseball running back guy/Nibblett feast the next two weeks while limiting Blue/Wisner/Gibson as much as possible.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, pacman said:

What are the thoughts on this call? Seems likely Cam has his jersey but hands seem inside the pads.

I know we have waited in vain for years to have worse holding than this called against OU..

It was bullshit, Michigan did the same thing on literally every play on their final drive for a TD.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

It didn't even "technically" look like holding. 

Look at ref cam view...he doesn't even grab his jersey or anything. He just shoves the dude to the fucking ground.

We are gonna have to agree to disagree. The defender wasn’t getting away from him and his jersey looked like it was getting stretched and preventing him from going to his left.

Just now, Jkwellborn said:

We are gonna have to agree to disagree. The defender wasn’t getting away from him and his jersey looked like it was getting stretched and preventing him from going to his left.

Are you fucking blind you dumb mother fucker? Show me on the ref view where his jersey was getting pulled....show me....give me definitive proof? No view I've seen a replay show any stretch and prevention of getting away. He got off balance and pushed down....gtfo here you stupid ass bitch.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

7 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

Lesson: if your arms are going to be all the way out like that, discontinue contact to make it harder to get called for holding.

Or even better go all the way to pancake.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Are you fucking blind you dumb mother fucker? Show me on the ref view where his jersey was getting pulled....show me....give me definitive proof? No view I've seen a replay show any stretch and prevention of getting away. He got off balance and pushed down....gtfo here you stupid ass bitch.

You need to take some ludes. Get out of your damn feelings. Watch the Twitter video without burnt orange glasses.
  • Hook 'Em 3

8 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

you ok?  problems at home?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

OTF said Michigan game may have been Hayden's best most physical game of his career at Texas...

I don’t think there’s even a close second. If he and Majors get anywhere near their UM level of play consistently this season, we are a completely different team than what was expected heading into the season. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

On 9/9/2024 at 9:34 AM, Nope said:

He isn’t talked about often, but how many reps has DJ Campbell lost going back to the start of last season? I don’t think you’d need two hands to count them.

When he’s good, he’s really good. But, he whiffs and misses assignments in pass pro too often. 
He would benefit from another year, but I don’t think that’s what he has in mind. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Bobby Burton

I’m a Cam Williams fan.

Daniel Jeremiah, ESPN NFL draft analyst, talked about Williams yesterday.

It’s nice, yet unsurprising, that Williams is starting to turn heads. We talked about that possibility a lot heading into the season. Despite several false start penalties early this year, Williams has otherwise been dominant.

But what I want to share this morning about Williams is a story I don’t think I’ve ever told publicly.

I was not there for this, but a good friend of mine was. So here goes…

As a member of the Pancake Factory in its inaugural year, Williams and his fellow offensive linemen went to the Dell Children’s Hospital in Austin as part of their service work in just the second month of the Texas One Fund-sponsored program.

Williams was one of the players who really took a shine to several kids. And they took a shine to him. You know how it goes, some guys are just naturals in those situations.

Williams was this gentle giant who was also very nice and playful with them, handing out teddy bears and just hanging out.

One of the kids also liked Williams’ brand new silver or gold chain. The kid played with it and played with it.

Without the kid asking and just before leaving, Williams took the chain off his own neck and gave it to the young patient.

Now, I don’t want to go over the top here, but Cam did not grow up with an inordinate amount of money.

He showed something that day, a selflessness, generosity and kindness, that goes much deeper than what he does on a football field ever will.

And for that reason, more than anything he ever accomplishes in sport, I’ll always be a Cam Williams fan.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Bobby Burton

I’m a Cam Williams fan.

Daniel Jeremiah, ESPN NFL draft analyst, talked about Williams yesterday.

It’s nice, yet unsurprising, that Williams is starting to turn heads. We talked about that possibility a lot heading into the season. Despite several false start penalties early this year, Williams has otherwise been dominant.

But what I want to share this morning about Williams is a story I don’t think I’ve ever told publicly.

I was not there for this, but a good friend of mine was. So here goes…

As a member of the Pancake Factory in its inaugural year, Williams and his fellow offensive linemen went to the Dell Children’s Hospital in Austin as part of their service work in just the second month of the Texas One Fund-sponsored program.

Williams was one of the players who really took a shine to several kids. And they took a shine to him. You know how it goes, some guys are just naturals in those situations.

Williams was this gentle giant who was also very nice and playful with them, handing out teddy bears and just hanging out.

One of the kids also liked Williams’ brand new silver or gold chain. The kid played with it and played with it.

Without the kid asking and just before leaving, Williams took the chain off his own neck and gave it to the young patient.

Now, I don’t want to go over the top here, but Cam did not grow up with an inordinate amount of money.

He showed something that day, a selflessness, generosity and kindness, that goes much deeper than what he does on a football field ever will.

And for that reason, more than anything he ever accomplishes in sport, I’ll always be a Cam Williams fan.

i will kick in an extra $100 a week if we can start doing some drills in practice for holding one's water pre-snap for cam. he is making up for it in his blocking for the most part but i think the offense could be a bit more efficient with 78 fewer false start penalties.