Texas O-line talk

Coach pop a bitch

Why did the entire offense line play bad? I get it cam, dj. We’ve seen it before. Cam just doesn’t have the experience yet. But banks? Can someone who knows about the oline explain that. Was it just an off game for all? If we get the rematch can they overcome this? I would lean towards yes because usually during a rematch the team who lost has an upper hand since they know what to work on.

7 hours ago, WBT said:

Damn I did not see an ass-kicking like that coming from anyone this year

it wasn't the loss, it was how it happened. we all expected at least one loss from OU or UGA going into the season. so nothing surprising happened score board wise. What was a total mind fuck was seeing a veteran Oline get whipped. The DL ultimately played much better gave up points on short fields and the one long drive ugh, but when stops were needed either first half - short field notwithstanding - or that crucial 4th quarter TD drive (twice) when Texas was down 8 were on the DL didn't get to the QB and didn't stop Etiene (sp?). game of inches even in an ass whipping and when they needed it, they got it. when we needed it, we didn't. ass fucking kicking of the worst kind.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yeah, the OL was bad, but a big part of it was Quinn ripping too deep or scrambling into pressure. Banks’ first sack was on Quinn.

Banks stopped the first move by the DE then drove him 8 yards past the LOS. That should be a win for Banks, but Quinn was sitting 8 yards deep with a clean pocket so it turned into a sack. Quinn refused to stay in a clean pocket or step up into a clean pocket all night and it made a poor night from the OL turn into a terrible one. 

Only sharing this for the first clip on the tape. This is not a bad rep from Banks at all. This sack is 100 percent on Ewers.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

Yeah, the OL was bad, but a big part of it was Quinn ripping too deep or scrambling into pressure. Banks’ first sack was on Quinn.

Banks stopped the first move by the DE then drove him 8 yards past the LOS. That should be a win for Banks, but Quinn was sitting 8 yards deep with a clean pocket so it turned into a sack. Quinn refused to stay in a clean pocket or step up into a clean pocket all night and it made a poor night from the OL turn into a terrible one. 

Quinn’s not playing well. And Georgia tee’d off on our short game. When put in obvious passing downs, Georgia was difficult to stop. #11 dominated like no one ive seen in years.

When they brought pressure, the ball didnt get out sooner. Ewers should be much further along in recognizing pressure. He deserved to be benched.

From the little Ive seen of Vandy, they have good pass rushers. If we cant run on them, we’re in trouble.

2 hours ago, deech said:

I can't help but feel that banks dropped a round tonight in the draft and cost himself several million dollars. He's been a monster all year so it was shocking to see it happen..  Maybe I am being too harsh and the tape will show something different. 

yes, excessively too harsh. he is going in the 1st.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ATLLonghorn said:

Only sharing this for the first clip on the tape. This is not a bad rep from Banks at all. This sack is 100 percent on Ewers.

1st is on Ewers. Step up, dude.

2nd is on Blue getting absolutely run over in pass pro. We have a weak RB room with Baxter gone and we can't ignore that fact anymore.

3rd one is a protection breakdown. Need to slide protection to the right. We can't have a free rusher while three interior O-linemen are blocking one nose guard. Either Ewers or Majors made a mistake when identifying the front.

4th one is Campbell + Williams allowing the DE to break through their double team which is such a bad look. Looks like Campbell had eyes on the LB who wasn't rushing and didn't give Williams inside help quickly enough.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ATLLonghorn said:

Thanks for posting, interesting to see. Yeah the first two aren't really on Banks (although you could argue he held on the first one). I think he did give up one to Mykel Williams later that was probably his fault though.

Regarding Quinn - last year his pocket presence was his biggest weakness. This year before the injury, he was VASTLY improved shifting around in the pocket to buy time while keeping his eyes downfield. I was pumped seeing it. After his injury though, that improved pocket presences seems to be completely gone. I doubt he's still physically hurt but I think that injury, and maybe Arch pressure, has gotten in his head.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, deech said:

I can't help but feel that banks dropped a round tonight in the draft and cost himself several million dollars. He's been a monster all year so it was shocking to see it happen..  Maybe I am being too harsh and the tape will show something different. 

This wasn't Banks fault...  Damn it Quinn!!!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 9/19/2024 at 11:28 AM, sidis said:

i will kick in an extra $100 a week if we can start doing some drills in practice for holding one's water pre-snap for cam. he is making up for it in his blocking for the most part but i think the offense could be a bit more efficient with 78 fewer false start penalties.

This money was not well spent on my part. 

On 10/20/2024 at 5:37 AM, Burt Macklin said:

I honestly don't even know if I'd go so far as to use the word "bad." I understand football is ultimately pass/fail and UGA, on balance, won at the LOS on both sides. But I do think they put forth a competitive effort that never had a chance because of Ewers. If he had played a good game it may well have been enough to overcome given what the Texas defense and Carson Beck put out there.

I don't want to sanitize things more than they should be but there is a lot of trashing of the OL in the fanbase right now and I think it's somewhat lazy.

Edited by gmr548
  • Hook 'Em 1