Fender is now selling "Jason Isbell" pickups

On 8/7/2024 at 4:31 AM, tigol said:

And his signature tele.

Just for thread completeness -

IMG_9670.thumb.jpeg.a98d9194449748561c4152596d241325.jpeg

On 8/7/2024 at 9:59 AM, 4th&Five said:

Live from The Ryman Vol II out 10/4

King of OK out now. 

This one sounds so much better than the other live at the ryman album. I may actually have to go listen to it - live at Alabama is still my favorite Isbell album but that other one shouldn’t have been released.

this keeps showing up in my Spotify and I like it. Love the kinda rhythmic theme that shows up in the prechorus and second half of the chorus.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Viper said:

Sturgill performing his new song One For the Road and segueing into a cover of Purple Rain 

mf'er did crying.  what a dude.  

can we add futurebirds to this thread? has someone already?  i love those dudes.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, NOMAAA said:

Sturgill got added to nugs. Doesn’t do it justice. Most shows are boring as hell. Literally all of the mmj shows are electric. Something about the Sturgill shows are lacking the heat they put down. 

Are you saying he’s good in person but the nugs shown don’t convey that?

I guess this could go here . . . I'm always late to the party . . . the band Wednesday?  Nice simple recording, love the lyrics, a very slight Kasey Musgraves hint to her voice and a bit of that North Carolina "we don't know if we're country or indie rock" vibe a la Whiskeytown.

Delete post, ban user if already posted.

• Hook 'Em 2

23 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Damn her voice is so sweet and pure.  She doesn't lose the accent, but it's never affected.  She's astonishing.

Once read a review that said, "Sometimes she sings like she is in love with her own voice, but who could blame her"
Another said, "She sings like an angel with hell-scorched wings"

Once read a review that said, "Sometimes she sings like she is in love with her own voice, but who could blame her"
Another said, "She sings like an angel with hell-scorched wings"

Saw her perform at Blue Rock in Wimberley earlier this year. Damn good show. She put out an EP with a group that I’ll have to google to find, but she sings lead on a cover.

On 9/26/2024 at 11:06 AM, jimmyjazz said:

I guess this could go here . . . I'm always late to the party . . . the band Wednesday?  Nice simple recording, love the lyrics, a very slight Kasey Musgraves hint to her voice and a bit of that North Carolina "we don't know if we're country or indie rock" vibe a la Whiskeytown.

Delete post, ban user if already posted.

I dig this. I was listening to this and wishing it was a bit more punk rock, so I found the album and yeah track one gets me there.

this one is similar to me in that I want to post it in this thread but I’m not sure why exactly and it probably doesn’t fit. This one kinda does…

and I think Isbell liked or commented or something which made me dig into the artist a bit more. But this one doesn’t really fit yet is the one I want to share. and learn that little riff on guitar