ESPN GAME DAY

Steamboat1874

54 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Discard the uselessness that is Howard and McAfee and just make it Davis, Saban and Herbstreit, and you'd have a really good Game Day..

Replace them all with three hours of Alexandra Daddario reading the collective works of The Bernstein Bears. 

• Like 1
  • Drool 2

There has been a certain amount of respect shown for Norvell over the last year, but it disappeared with the DJU fiasco. Even Dabo realized he brought little to the QB table. I assumed DJU bailed on Oregon State because of the Pac-2 collapse, and was surprised that he popped back up at FSU. I know we picked up the WR from OSU, but it hadn't occurred to me that anyone serious - or at least semi-serious - had grabbed onto him.

We'll see, but I wouldn't be too surprised to see Maalik turn out a lot better. Without checking schedules, I want to see Duke against both of FSU and GaTech.

9 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Replace them all with three hours of Alexandra Daddario reading the collective works of The Bernstein Bears. 

Berenstain

4 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

There has been a certain amount of respect shown for Norvell over the last year, but it disappeared with the DJU fiasco. Even Dabo realized he brought little to the QB table. I assumed DJU bailed on Oregon State because of the Pac-2 collapse, and was surprised that he popped back up at FSU. I know we picked up the WR from OSU, but it hadn't occurred to me that anyone serious - or at least semi-serious - had grabbed onto him.

We'll see, but I wouldn't be too surprised to see Maalik turn out a lot better. Without checking schedules, I want to see Duke against both of FSU and GaTech.

Berenstain

I'm more surprised DJU didn't head to Mich St to reunite with the guy who made it possible for the guy to actually throw a football. Norvell really fucked himself betting on DJU. He has to be the most overrated recruit in a long, long time. I went back and watched some tape of his and he's a mess. How the hell was he even a 5 star? Much less ranked in the top 10? 

This is all the reason you need to not trust "evaluators" in the HS ranks. Same with Taint Martell. 

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

So… why did aggy get Gameday with Clemson at Georgia on the same day and at 11am?

Easy answer, the only Irish games on ABC/ESPN this year are:

Week 1 @aggy

Week 8 @Georgia Tech (same week as UGA at Texas so highly unlikely)

Week 9 @Navy (unless Navy is ranked it’s unlikely)

Now they CAN go to a big ranked vs ranked ND game helmet game that they don’t air like the FSU game on NBC (same day as UGA/Ole Miss and Bama/LSU) or the USC game on one a Big Ten channel (unlikely when it’s rivalry week) but ND’s schedule is pretty weak this year and the few games they do have are during weeks that are packed with other big time games.

So they get an Irish game on an SEC campus where they can talk about their new head coach who previously coach at ND. The bullshit segments write themselves and it checks more boxes than UGA and Clemson do.

They also know they likely will be at multiple UGA games this season (Bama, Texas, OleMiss) and like @4th&Five said this one is at a a soulless NFL stadium which is not the best atmosphere for the first full weekend of the year.

Discard the uselessness that is Howard and McAfee and just make it Davis, Saban and Herbstreit, and you'd have a really good Game Day..

Sounds good for the 50-70 year old crowd, but they are trying to gather younger viewers.

Pat brings energy. Howard brings bad takes that are funny at the end of the year.

btw.... Corso either completely forgot who Texas played, or hes literally calling for the following scenario.

Texas wins against georgia in Oct.  and wins either all other games or loses 1  before the SEC champ game.

then Texas loses in the Champ game to Georgia.

then Texas plays as the 5-8 seed, wins 2 games and plays Georgia in the NC Bowl game and then wins that game against Georgia.

thats nuts. 

31 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

Even though it’s in CS, football is here! First real weekend of the season. I hope everyone has a great day, wives permitting, as mine just found out that the “Honey Does” will have to wait until Sunday.

Hook’em!!!

Thank god for Labor day. That was my excuse. Honey, I will do them on monday before we go to the bbq at your Dads. Can you make more coffee, this is important. I got the stare.

5 minutes ago, Horn75 said:

Does A&M have female cheerleaders that have been shown yet? Or just the weird milk men. Just tuned in and notre dame cheerleaders behind the set

They were quickly shown. Probably some aggy complained they were not the real ones and ESPN better respect turdition.

9 minutes ago, Horn75 said:

Does A&M have female cheerleaders that have been shown yet? Or just the weird milk men. Just tuned in and notre dame cheerleaders behind the set

They already showed one - Conner Weigman