Arizona @ Hawaii

NowThis

9 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

Makapu'u Beach 2-4 feet.

Our favorite beach on the island.  We lived up near the top of Lunalilo Home Road, so that was just right around the corner for us, and we'd regularly take our dog there.  Spent way too much on a watercolor painting of it at a silent auction, but it's my favorite painting in the current house.  

Just now, Hook1997 said:

Since you knows numbers, Want to explain how Forbes has atm the most profitable program in the country again?  Or do we need to page @Randolph Duke?  Friend told me that just came out I was like no  fing way it must be fuzzy math.  

I am not 100% sure, but I  believe it is based on the fact that they are pulling in massive donations related to Kroger Field being renovated and they are counting that revenue in the current year, saving that money, and paying out the bonds for the stajium over a much longer period of time

so they are having a big "profit", but those profits are spoken for to service long term bonds for the stajium that that expense will be reflected down the road

people gave say (random numbers) $6 million over 6 years or $1 million per year so aggy is collecting that $1 million per year for the next 6 years from those people and they are not paying that $1 million immediately towards the stajium bonds they are investing it and paying the bonds off over a longer time

do that with 40 or so entities and you have an extended period of large donations ramping up your yearly income while you have spread out the expenses over 30 or so years

4 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Our favorite beach on the island.  We lived up near the top of Lunalilo Home Road, so that was just right around the corner for us, and we'd regularly take our dog there.  Spent way too much on a watercolor painting of it at a silent auction, but it's my favorite painting in the current house.  

Had no idea you lived on Oahu for a while. Our favorite beach is Waimanalo, but that whole stretch from Makapu'u to Lanikai / Kailua is unbeatable.

Just now, honolulu horn said:

ha, speaking of....nice shot of that stretch as we come back from commerical

Yeah, I saw that and was wondering if I was somehow behind on the broadcast.   We had friends who lived 2 blocks from Kailua beach, so we went there a lot.  It was great as long as the wind wasn't crazy.  I can see Waimanolo being the best beach, but we were too white for that town.  

the Texas Tech vs AU game is looking like a must win for Tech at this point I don't think AU can improve dramatically from this and AU will not get this many turnovers from Tech

Hawaii is a much better team than recent times, but Tech should be much better than Hawaii even as bad as Tech is