Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

SMFH. With UT losing out on Duce, the way UT handled recruitment Pimpton's was bad. Seeing what UT will have at TE in the Fall behind JT Sanders, in hindsight UT should've aggressively recruited both Duce & Pimpton and be willing to take both of them in the '23 class instead of viewing Pimpton as the back-up option to Duce.

• Fuck You 7

1 minute ago, TheMailBox357 said:

SMFH. With UT losing out on Duce, the way UT handled recruitment Pimpton's was bad. Seeing what UT will have at TE in the Fall behind JT Sanders, in hindsight UT should've aggressively recruited both Duce & Pimpton and be willing to take both of them in the '23 class instead of viewing Pimpton as the back-up option to Duce.

Thank you Geoff, now carry on.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

You don't need a sock, @satyanash

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

On 4/4/2023 at 12:24 PM, TheMailBox357 said:

SMFH. With UT losing out on Duce, the way UT handled recruitment Pimpton's was a mistake. Seeing what UT will have at TE in the Fall behind JT Sanders, in hindsight UT should've aggressively recruited both Duce & Pimpton and be willing to take both of them in the '23 class instead of viewing Pimpton as the back-up option to Duce.

Sigh.

• Fuck You 30

• 1 year later...

Wait wait.. you mean there was a 5 star DB who did not sign with Texas and was not pursued as much as his rank suggests who somehow had underlying character issues that reared their ugly heads within a year?

Weird. 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Wait wait.. you mean there was a 5 star DB who did not sign with Texas and was not pursued as much as his rank suggests who somehow had underlying character issues that reared their ugly heads within a year?

Weird. 

So pretty sure we pursued Toviano heavily and I read mulitple articles about how Toviano is a great culture fit and takes football seriously from the 9.95ers.  I also remember reading him and Manny Muhammad were not going to go to the same school as they play the same position.  Either way, happy he's not a longhorn with the news of his arrest.

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)

I don’t know the extent of what he did, but plenty of people of all ages record themselves having sex with women. 

Not to say it’s right, but it happens often enough. If he was distributing it, then that would be a character issue in my book. 

Edited by Atticus
  • Fuck You 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

That’s not a character issue unless he’s distributing it? What part of “the victim previously caught him recording their sexual encounters and told him to stop, and he admitted in the interrogation that she had asked him to stop ” did you not underfuckingstand??

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Weird. 

What’s weird is your convenient memory of this recruitment. We definitely recruited this kid according to his rank and the staff would have accepted his commitment. At the time there was no reported character issues and he was thought to be a culture fit.

2 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

That’s not a character issue unless he’s distributing it? What part of “the victim previously caught him recording their sexual encounters and told him to stop, and he admitted in the interrogation that she had asked him to stop ” did you not underfuckingstand??

Relax bud. 

I prefaced what I said with that I didn’t know the extent of it. If she caught him, said not to do it, then did it anyway, then of course that’s an issue. The sex itself was still consensual and if it hasn’t been distributed, then it can just be deleted. 

Glanced at the headline and maybe the first paragraph of the story. No means no and all that.