What's going on with this DNI Whistleblower ?

triplehorn

53 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Are the conspiracy theories related to the former Ambassador, Yovanovitch, then? She is/was supposed to testify today, right?

It sounds like it's a file that Donald was keeping of conspiracy theories that he wanted State to push other governments on to investigate or give credence to by saying they were investigating.  To me, it didn't sound like it was specific to Ukraine. 

12 minutes ago, Tuco said:

It sounds like it's a file that Donald was keeping of conspiracy theories that he wanted State to push other governments on to investigate or give credence to by saying they were investigating.  To me, it didn't sound like it was specific to Ukraine. 

It’s the same stuff Manafort would do in Ukraine.  Manufacture very legit looking stories and plant them inside and outside the government to give them the illusion of legitimacy.

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s the same stuff Manafort would do in Ukraine.  Manufacture very legit looking stories and plant them inside and outside the government to give them the illusion of legitimacy.

Seriously? I guess I should go back from the beginning and pay closer attention. Thank you (and the rest of you on here) for keeping me aware of the 'backstory." It is a bit information overload some days and I'm not getting any younger.

I swear, if they pull this kind of stunt again and blitz the Investigative Committee(s) with this foofooraw, Nancy, Adam, et. al should just run a flea flicker and lock errybody up for contempt or what have you. DJ thinks stuff is "bullsh*t." This is what bullsh*t looks like, DJ.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Was the purpose of the briefing to be like "here's the looney packet being passed around, and I think Congress needs to be made aware of its existence?"  Or was the goal to get Congress to investigate the claims made in it?

That's my question. Did he just legitimize some InfoWars pig sperm and now Congress will have to investigate male frogs that dress like ice skaters? 

30 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I don't know man.  Would Manafort have a cover page written in calligraphy?  Would he use Trump hotel folders?  This whole thing points more to Trump as a third grader with the power of the federal government behind him that some well thought out psych-ops operation. 

12 minutes ago, Chooky said:

That's my question. Did he just legitimize some InfoWars pig sperm and now Congress will have to investigate male frogs that dress like ice skaters? 

Could be this:

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/02/state-department-inspector-general-ex-ukraine-ambassador-022482

The State Department’s inspector general briefed congressional aides Wednesday about an apparent attempt to smear the former U.S. ambassador to Ukraine, who is seen by House Democrats as a key witness in their impeachment inquiry. 

According to sources who attended the closed-door briefing, Steve Linick, the inspector general, revealed that a packet of documents containing misinformation about ex-ambassador Marie Yovanovitch was sent to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo earlier this year from an unknown source. Hunter Biden, the son of former Vice President Joe Biden, was also a target of debunked conspiracy theories laid out in the documents, lawmakers and aides said.

11 minutes ago, Tuco said:

I don't know man.  Would Manafort have a cover page written in calligraphy?  Would he use Trump hotel folders?  This whole thing points more to Trump as a third grader with the power of the federal government behind him that some well thought out psych-ops operation. 

Oh, I’m not saying Manafort is doing it.  It’s probably Rudy acting as stupid Manafort. 

From December 2018

https://www.google.com/amp/s/observer.com/2018/12/rudy-giuliani-paul-manafort-legal-team-talks/amp/

Like why has Rudy gone to Ukraine a dozen times over the last two years and why does he keep talking to Manafort’s lawyers?  

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Oh, I’m not saying Manafort is doing it.  It’s probably Rudy acting as stupid Manafort. 

From December 2018

https://www.google.com/amp/s/observer.com/2018/12/rudy-giuliani-paul-manafort-legal-team-talks/amp/

Hugo- do they know how many times Rudy has traveled to Ukraine & Russia? I'm assuming he is less than honest about his comings and goings, but do they look at flight logs like they did for Epstein? He gets around it seems, but he isn't officially a member of anything, correct? Other than DJ's gopher attorney? Cohn was shrewd, but Rudy is a little odd basket in which to place one's eggs.

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

It's amazing that Trump still hasn't figured out how a screen of good lawyers and subcontractors is crucial to buffering yourself from the dirty work. 

Good lawyers would never work for Trump the way he wants them too.  

Don McGahn and Jeff Sessions out front...

On the other hand, Bill Barr

32 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Good lawyers would never work for Trump the way he wants them too.  

Don McGahn and Jeff Sessions out front...

On the other hand, Bill Barr

Perhaps. That’s why you would have to run it through the RNC to do it right. 

35 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

It's amazing that Trump still hasn't figured out how a screen of good lawyers and subcontractors is crucial to buffering yourself from the dirty work. 

He had them to start back when, it’s just that there aren’t any left.  They’re all in prison or under indictment.  Just Trump and Rudy left to do the heavy lifting.

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

From December 2018

Like why has Rudy gone to Ukraine a dozen times over the last two years and why does he keep talking to Manafort’s lawyers?  

God damn I am a fucking loser. 

Schiff doesn't know the whistleblowers ID. Whistleblower contacted Schiff staff who sent him to the State IG. But Kevin McCarthy is running around lying that Schiff & the WB concocted this whole thing. Which is possible, I guess, if you can ignore the 'transcript' that was released.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Manafort burning the Trump administration to the ground from prison is the twist this story needed. 

You have to know Paul was banking on helping Rudy from prison to ensure his pardon.  Instead, his direct hand in this scandal makes it completely untenable.

1 minute ago, triplehorn said:

You have to know Paul was banking on helping Rudy from prison to ensure his pardon.  Instead, his direct hand in this scandal makes it completely untenable.

Trump knows deep down he would have never won the election without Paul Manafort.  That’s why he never said a negative thing about him publicly.  He desperately needed his services for the 2020 election and why the Hunter Biden/Ukraine narrative was so lucrative. 

Manafort is the evil genius among these fucking morons and they all know it. 

• Like 1

Three Chairs Statement on State IG Briefing

Washington—Today, Rep. Eliot L. Engel, the Chairman of the Committee on Foreign Affairs, Rep. Adam Schiff, the Chairman of the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, and Rep. Elijah E. Cummings, the Chairman of the Committee on Oversight and Reform, released the following statement after committee staff received a briefing from the State Department Inspector General:

“Today, the State Department Inspector General provided an unclassified briefing and documents to House and Senate Committees. The Inspector General believes this matter is urgent in light of the complaint filed by a whistleblower regarding the President’s July 25, 2019, call in which he pressed the Ukrainian President to smear President Trump’s domestic political rival.

“The briefing and documents raise troubling questions about apparent efforts inside and outside the Trump Administration to target specific officials, including former Vice President Joe Biden’s son and then-U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Masha Yovanovitch, who was abruptly removed as Ambassador in May after a sustained campaign against her by the President’s agent, Rudy Giuliani.

“The documents provided by the Inspector General included a package of disinformation, debunked conspiracy theories, and baseless allegations in an envelope marked ‘White House’ and containing folders labeled ‘Trump Hotel.’ These documents also reinforce concern that the President and his allies sought to use the machinery of the State Department to further the President’s personal political interests.

“The Inspector General stated that his office interviewed Secretary Pompeo’s Counselor, Thomas Ulrich Brechbuhl, who informed the Inspector General that Secretary Pompeo told him the packet ‘came over,’ and that Brechbuhl presumed it was from the White House.

“Earlier this week, Pompeo attempted to block Brechbuhl, Ambassador Yovanovitch, and other State Department employees from testifying before Congress.

“These documents only underscore the need for the Trump Administration to comply with our requests for documents and interviews.”

plain as day.  Pompeo, Rudy, you're up.

13 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump knows deep down he would have never won the election without Paul Manafort.  That’s why he never said a negative thing about him publicly.  He desperately needed his services for the 2020 election and why the Hunter Biden/Ukraine narrative was so lucrative. 

Manafort is the evil genius among these fucking morons and they all know it. 

Manafort and Stone.  Stone's trial starts in 4 weeks and evidence directly implicates Trump re foreknowledge of and willingness to use the Russian military intelligence cutout Wikileaks.  Impeccable timing.

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

When I read the WB letter that accompanied the complain, it was my thought that she would be key to this. She's a foreign service professional whom Trump was trying to end run or who refused to play along or both.  She was suddenly recalled and relieved in the middle of Trump and his team playing footsie with prosecutor Lutsenko.

Interestingly, I had to use google to get his name, and found this story in USA Today about Current President Zelensky's party prosecuting Lutsenko for corruption. You could conclude that swamp drainer Zelensky relishes bringing down Lutsenko and that made Trump shit his pants and apply pressure.

Zelensky and US Ambassador Yovanovich will be keys to breaking Trump's stone wall. I believe she and Volker were representing the US interests in Ukraine while Giuliani el al were there for the president's agenda. I further believe the WB letter that indicated that Yovanovich and Volker were delineating the differences to Ukraine between those two engagements.

If the propaganda is Trump's team's map for slander Yovanovich and the IG saw fit to bring it to Congress, this is the biggest threat to Trump's hold on office. It shouldn't be, but it is.

I hope Marie Yovanovich is in a safe place.

26 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

“The documents provided by the Inspector General included a package of disinformation, debunked conspiracy theories, and baseless allegations in an envelope marked ‘White House’ and containing folders labeled ‘Trump Hotel.’ These documents also reinforce concern that the President and his allies sought to use the machinery of the State Department to further the President’s personal political interests.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Manafort and Stone.  Stone's trial starts in 4 weeks and evidence directly implicates Trump re foreknowledge of and willingness to use the Russian military intelligence cutout Wikileaks.  Impeccable timing.

I’d argue Stone wasn’t as instrumental as Manafort because Manafort had all his resources working in Eastern Europe with Kilimnik. Troll and bot armies micro targeting the swing states with the internal polling data. 

The Wikileaks/GRU operation could have gone on without Stone back channeling and syncing up with the Trump campaign.  It would have likely been almost as effective. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

14 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’d argue Stone wasn’t as instrumental as Manafort because Manafort had all his resources working in Eastern Europe with Kilimnik. Troll and bot armies micro targeting the swing states with the internal polling data. 

The Wikileaks/GRU operation and dissemination could have gone on without Stone back channeling and syncing up with the Trump campaign.  It would have likely been almost as effective. 

I mention Stone and Manafort together because, first, those two go waaay back (Manafort,Stone,Atwater):

Spoiler

paul-manafort-roger-stone-lee-atwater.jp

and, second, because this catastrophic scheme of Rudy/Pompeo/Barr/Trump/Pence et al includes establishing a pretense for pardoning Manafort and likely soon to be convicted Stone by using fabricated disinformation to undermine the Mueller/IC conclusions about Russian responsibility for the attack.  Marcy Wheeler has been pretty convinced that Trump would attempt a pre-emptive pardon of Stone before he stands trial because the evidence to be aired in that trial next month could be be more directly damaging to Trump, in the public eye, than the Mueller report.  With the impeachment inquiry now formalized and rolling, the timing of the Stone trial is a double whammy for Stone pardon potential and Trump impeachment. 

This scheme that spawned the whistleblower report and which has enveloped at a minimum the people mentioned just above had goals that include (feel free to add more):

1) Enlist foreign actors to interfere in our election -AGAIN-  though a fabricated malign campaign.

2) Shift blame for the 2016 election attack away from Russia to a) clear a path for continued Russian attacks, b) create a pretense for lifting sanctions stemming from said 2016 attack.

3) Fabricate justification to pardon convicted/indicted actors who abetted 2016 Russian attack.

4) Further deconstruct and corrupt our institutions 

• Like 1