SNF: Colts at Chiefs (NBC)

Machinator

Just now, SKA the boss said:

Okay. If you concede you can’t stop them, fine. NFL should never think that way, but if you do, then what the masses agree. Play call was shiite.

Wut?

An NFL coach can understand they give up the most yards per carry in the nfl defensively. Statistics are statistics on any level.

6 minutes ago, NowThis said:

Patriots have zero challenge in the AFC.

Way to early to make that call.  By my count KC has lost four starters in this game to injuries (and I'm not including Watkins in that figure because I never saw him step on the field).  If NE has a game like this in December and loses four starters on defense a healthy Chiefs team can beat them.  There is also still the trading deadline to play out.  Right now both KC and NE's chief competition is the injury report.  Those two teams are still the class of the AFC and no other team in that conference is going to finish within two games of either of them.  Losing key players is more of a concern for either team than losing games is.

Just now, EMAWesome said:

Way to early to make that call.  By my count KC has lost four starters in this game to injuries (and I'm not including Watkins in that figure because I never saw him step on the field).  If NE has a game like this in December and loses four starters on defense a healthy Chiefs team can beat them.  There is also still the trading deadline to play out.  Right now both KC and NE's chief competition is the injury report.  Those two teams are still the class of the AFC and no other team in that conference is going to finish within two games of either of them.  Losing key players is more of a concern for either team than losing games is.

i'd love to see NE killed , but the KC is talentless on D except for Honey Badger. Why did Houston let him go?

Losing games matters to KC because they have zero chance to go to NE and win in January. NE can win in KC. They already showed that. Without home field, KC better bank on someone else knocking them off. And when is the last home divisional game NE has lost?

What a nice win by the Colts. Reich must be the most underrated coach in the NFL. He’s the anti-Garrett. 
We've seen what Garrett does with a backup QB the pretty much the whole year in 2015.

Everyone wrote off Indy when Luck retired. But Brisset is not terrible and Luck is overrated anyways. 3-2 in the AFC means you are doing well. That conference is trash outside the 2 big dogs. NFC is the polar opposite.

12 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
15 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Losing games matters to KC because they have zero chance to go to NE and win in January. NE can win in KC. They already showed that. Without home field, KC better bank on someone else knocking them off. And when is the last home divisional game NE has lost?

KC has a better chance of beating NE anywhere than any other team in the AFC.  They need to make some trades before the deadline to improve their defense but they are the only team in the AFC who can play in Foxboro and not be beat the minute they step off of the bus.  

2 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

KC has a better chance of beating NE anywhere than any other team in the AFC.  They need to make some trades before the deadline to improve their defense but they are the only team in the AFC who can play in Foxboro and not be beat the minute they step off of the bus.  

counting on trades is really a weak strategy.

12 minutes ago, SA-KC_Horn said:

Not a division loss, so we're still good.

Really need OL to get healthy. 

Yes, the defense is turrible but that's been know for years.

You watch Fisher play and you think "this is a number one overall draft selection?" .  Then you watch Irving play in his place and you think "you know he really isn't all that bad."  Should get Hill back in a week or two.  That will change some of these defensive schemes the Chiefs have been facing since he went out.  The big scare now is Chris Jones being injured.  That is the one guy on defense that is playing like more than a JAG this year.

14 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

We've seen what Garrett does with a backup QB the pretty much the whole year in 2015.

Everyone wrote off Indy when Luck retired. But Brisset is not terrible and Luck is overrated anyways. 3-2 in the AFC means you are doing well. That conference is trash outside the 2 big dogs. NFC is the polar opposite.

who are all these great NFC teams?

1 minute ago, EMAWesome said:

You watch Fisher play and you think "this is a number one overall draft selection?" .  Then you watch Irving play in his place and you think "you know he really isn't all that bad."  Should get Hill back in a week or two.  That will change some of these defensive schemes the Chiefs have been facing since he went out.  The big scare now is Chris Jones being injured.  That is the one guy on defense that is playing like more than a JAG this year.

Fo sho.

Jones and Fischer are big losses. Good thing the AFC west is below average. 

And Irving's dumbass didn't help bu stepping all over Mahomes ankle.

Tyreek will definitely move this safetys away from the box and clear those lanes. Hope Shady's freelance play limits his touches,  that fumble deep in Indy territory killed that opportunity. 

8 minutes ago, NowThis said:

counting on trades is really a weak strategy.

Not as weak as counting on what the Chiefs currently have at cornerback and linebacker is. 

You don't have to be the best team all year to win the Super Bowl.  You have to be good enough to be able to win on the road and good enough to get into the playoffs.  Then it's all about getting hot at the right time of the year--December, January, and February--and luck, luck is always a factor for any team that wins a championship.