Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Jordan wasn't Jordan because they didn't have a complete team...no power forward. Grant had gone to Orlando. That was remedied when they got Rodman. Even if MJ had stayed in the league, with no PF, the Bulls wouldn't have made the finals in either year. 

Unless if I'm misreading this, you're wrong about 93-94, that team had Grant and won 55 games without MJ. Wholeheartedly agree with take on 95. MJ was best player in the world. Rest of his team wasn't good enough to win with. As is the case when all great players lose a playoff series.

If he wasn’t going to take the job, what was all the adolescent shit on the FOX set yesterday? They were ribbing Urb like they knew he fucked the boss’ wife.

Until I hear it officially, I think he took the fucking job, and is being a professional about letting everyone else do their house cleaning before an announcement.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

If Michigan cancels their game with tOSU for covid reasons and derails their playoff hopes, and then UM says yes to Texas and goes after assistants, it has major potential to be one of the better meltdowns for a fan base in Internet history. You would then get a slow burn in recruiting.

That might be the most epic maneuver in any rivalry that I have ever heard of. And they would be smart to do it instead of watching Harbaugh get gang raped at the 50 yard line on national television.

2 minutes ago, Caddox said:

We are good to go my friend. All that’s left is the final details.

I heard we got him for $22M for 2.5 years. Can't share my source - but it's someone with close program ties. We may or may not find out by the end of the day - but trust that all BMDs are aligned and CDC is not willing to let Herman dictate his legacy. If Urban doesn't come - trust that there is a very solid guy lined up as a plan B. I can't say any names or teams he might coach for - but he's been a respected name for a long time in Mexican 2nd division futbol. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Caddox said:

New prediction for our new reality- UM will flip the Fort Worth twins. 

3 minutes ago, Caddox said:

New prediction for our new reality- UM will bring Ewers back in the fold. 

I’m assuming these things but I’m a greedy mofo. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Richter said:

Yep, just got to fire a coach and hire the other coach.  Everything else is set.  I mean, we already have a stadium and ball and some players.

I’m very curious about the timing now. My gut tells me we will be waiting another week. Herman will quickly find a landing spot and that only works in our favor. My guess is we want to polish that turd more than we want to get UM on the recruiting trail. Not the way I’d go about it, but I’m sure there are several factors I don’t know about.

I heard we got him for $22M for 2.5 years. Can't share my source - but it's someone with close program ties. We may or may not find out by the end of the day - but trust that all BMDs are aligned and CDC is not willing to let Herman dictate his legacy. If Urban doesn't come - trust that there is a very solid guy lined up as a plan B. I can't say any names or teams he might coach for - but he's been a respected name for a long time in Mexican 2nd division futbol. 

I love that plan b is a diversity hire. It just signals to the world how progressive we all are to put inclusivity before winning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, CenTex Hill Billy said:

I love that plan b is a diversity hire. It just signals to the world how progressive we all are to put inclusivity before winning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diversity hire? He's actually a German immigrant that has a concerning amount of Nazi-sympathizing in his family. But it won't matter once we start beating TCU every other year.

3 minutes ago, Caddox said:

I’m very curious about the timing now. My gut tells me we will be waiting another week. Herman will quickly find a landing spot and that only works in our favor. My guess is we want to polish that turd more than we want to get UM on the recruiting trail. Not the way I’d go about it, but I’m sure there are several factors I don’t know about.

So you are so fucking jacked this morning, and yet you think they wait until next week on the same page? Impressive

16 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

I would love for all the speculation to be true.  Maybe it is.  But most of what I see is people making their own projections of what they want things to mean.  I see $9.95's blasting Twitter with messages selling subscriptions based upon all this speculation.  People believe what they want to believe. 

From heating up on page 99 everyone knows that that is what this thread is about. To me this thread is an exercise in sharing anxiety, hopes and frustrations regarding the last 10 years of this program with others that also care about the direction of the program as we wait to see what happens. We would not be on this thread otherwise. We could just go turn on an ESPN notification if we just wanted the final news.

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Now you’re officially trolling

I’m told the kid likes the school but lost confidence in the program. Day is a good coach and recruiter, but UM is his daddy. Ohio state’s days of raiding Texas are over. 

7 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

If Michigan cancels their game with tOSU for covid reasons and derails their playoff hopes, and then UM says yes to Texas and goes after assistants, it has major potential to be one of the better meltdowns for a fan base in Internet history. You would then get a slow burn in recruiting.

This plus a Kansas Covid outbreak could end both of our seasons immediately. OSU fans would be pissed about the Michigan cancelation and missing the CFP which helps dissipate their anger about Urban being named the new head coach of Texas so quickly. 

1 minute ago, Sgt Hulk said:

cliffs so far for today

Ohio State $9.95er claims Urban isn't coming (via Trace, UM's former agent), but wrongly states that Trace is UM's current agent

"RapGameLarry" (can't believe I'm citing this unimpeachable source) claiming UM is coming

Bacon cheddar pancakes

Fecal talk not going away

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Ravishing Rick said:

Ohio State $9.95er claims Urban isn't coming (via Trace, UM's former agent), but wrongly states that Trace is UM's current agent

"RapGameLarry" (can't believe I'm citing this unimpeachable source) claiming UM is coming

Bacon cheddar pancakes

Fecal talk not going away

He's the only source we need

Bobby Burton

Bobby Burton

Member Who Talks

I texted with a high-ranking university official this morning and am told the wait for Urban Meyer continues.

While Meyer contemplates the decision, the Horns have not given the three-time national championship coach a deadline.

Despite mass speculation otherwise, the Horns have not received either a final no or yes from Meyer to this juncture.

If Meyer were to reject Texas’ advances, Texas would not begin a broad coaching search because of the size of Herman’s buyout.

Instead, the money needed for the buyout would only be agreed upon based upon who Herman’s eventual successor would be.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Move over, Urban.

spacer.png

Edited by Bevo14
  • Like 1

Just now, Vertigo said:

So you are so fucking jacked this morning, and yet you think they wait until next week on the same page? Impressive

Yes. The anxiety is over for me. UM told us he wanted the job many times in the past year. Turns out he wasn’t blowing smoke, he wants the job and we knocked the process out of the park. Negotiations are over. Now it’s just up to the lawyers. Btw, it’s just my worthless opinion that we let Herman coach through the end of the season. For all I know right now, he could be getting the hatchet job as we speak.

11 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Wait.. why are you having fun? you never have fun. You know something we don't?! You do! I feel it in my bones!

image.gif.54f1204f3e9752df94c6c49a798cfe30.gif

I hope I’ve been clear that I don’t know shit about the coaching situation in terms of new info. And I always have fun. 

10 minutes ago, Octavian said:

Haha, I’m not mad - just unsure why you’re being hypocritical here. Your last several posts have done none of those things, and have just generally been raining on people’s parades. You really came to this thread expecting logic? After everything that’s happened the last several days?

I’m here for the camaraderie and the fun of it all, and to celebrate if this pans out the way we want it to. Don’t appreciate you being a dick just to assuage your ego lol.

I haven’t checked but I feel like you’re new here. If so, it might shock you to realize that some of us don’t give a shit about “camaraderie” with a bunch of assholes that can turn on you in a moment’s notice. I’m here to be entertained and debate. If me “being a dick” is an issue, it’s because you can’t accept what’s happened here - you made an absurd post, I mocked it, you took it personally, I mocked that, now you’re projecting something bizarrely about my “ego” - not that I’m a meanie. 

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Yes. A singular but also plural version of a women's

Nope.  Plural of lady is ladies.  Usage in the sentence should have been ladies', the plural possessive. Lady's is singular possessive. Even if ladys were a plural, the proper usage would be ladys', with the apostrophe after the s.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I hope I’ve been clear that I don’t know shit about the coaching situation in terms of new info. And I always have fun. 

I haven’t checked but I feel like you’re new here. If so, it might shock you to realize that some of us don’t give a shit about “camaraderie” with a bunch of assholes that can turn on you in a moment’s notice. I’m here to be entertained and debate. If me “being a dick” is an issue, it’s because you can’t accept what’s happened here - you made an absurd post, I mocked it, you took it personally, I mocked that, now you’re projecting something bizarrely about my “ego” - not that I’m a meanie. 

I'll never turn on you, CTJ

1 minute ago, Caddox said:

Yes. The anxiety is over for me. UM told us he wanted the job many times in the past year. Turns out he wasn’t blowing smoke, he wants the job and we knocked the process out of the park. Negotiations are over. Now it’s just up to the lawyers. Btw, it’s just my worthless opinion that we let Herman coach through the end of the season. For all I know right now, he could be getting the hatchet job as we speak.

Well there you go gentlemen. Someone go ahead and start up the Fire Urban Meyer thread. 

It’s pretty obvious Herman isn’t being fired today. So post game Saturday or Sunday is the announcement, if it happens. 

I stand by my prediction Urban Meyer doesn’t coach again. Just following noise and what my OSU family says about his family and their wishes. 

(This post I hope it’s wrong)

Edited by The Ace of Aces

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic