Trivial Things That Make You Surly

elfenix

21 hours ago, Superhero said:

I had a pest control guy come remove 12 nests. Not sure what he used, but it was pretty damn effective. He also climbed to reach most of the roof eaves which is something I wouldn't do. So best $250 I've spent lately.

That wasp foam spray works great.

It also has a lot of distance.

• Hook 'Em 2

Women (90% of time this happens it is a woman) who get to check in point to board airplane and then spend what seems to be 30mins digging through their hobo fucking bag to find their boarding pass. 

edit -pisses me off when men (usually older dudes) have to dig through the their wallet stocked full of receipts for leaf blowers from sears or a half off coffee coupon to dunkies. 

Edited by BrazilHorn
  • Rage+1 2

4 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

That wasp foam spray works great.

It also has a lot of distance.

The foam does work well if you get close enough.  The two places we get them the most are pretty high up so I can't there (ain't taking a chance of getting mauled while I'm up in a ladder even I do it midday when they're out 'n about).  then I tried that long distance liquid killer.  Problem is shit just drips back down onto you.  I'd rather get stung that have that crap on me for a day.  My new method is just one of those bronze high-pressure nozzles for my hose.  You hit it at the right angle at the right time of day, comes off in 10 seconds, and you wipe off a bit of water.  Crush the thing into the dirt or toss it out with glove in the trash bin.  Every now and again there's a couple wasps in there midday (sleeping or babies or whatever).  They'll follow the water line, but will usually land as a result of being wet, so you stomp them.  But one year, I learned that they give up some kinda alert smell when they're crushed that alerts the rest of their nest to their dead body.  So if you stomp them, get the hell outta dodge.  But the body is usually eaten or decomposed within 36 hours.  Anyway, this technique is the best one I've found for this one we get near the top of the second story, so high pressure water is cleaner and better. 

57 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Women (90% of time this happens it is a woman) who get to check in point to board airplane and then spend what seems to be 30mins digging through their hobo fucking bag to find their boarding pass. 

edit -pisses me off when men (usually older dudes) have to dig through the their wallet stocked full of receipts for leaf blowers from sears or a half off coffee coupon to dunkies. 

I see you've met the Costanzas.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Dumbfucks who get totally stumped by the two-lanes per cashier setup at QT. Which is literally everyone but me at the one that opened by my house since it opened 2 years ago. Not an exaggeration. I haven't seen anyone just go to the cashier's open lane without being called like it's the fucking DMV/DPS. 

People that don't know how to use CDT & CST in the proper format.  Quit sending me call/meeting invites with CST in fucking July.  If you're unsure, just write CT.  Yes, I realize it gets more challenging when doing calls with other countries who may or may not observe seasonal time changes.  But if you're in Dallas, don't be typing CDT in February.  

Speaking of months.  If you're over 18.....just know how many days each one has.  I watched a guy at coffee this morning, probably 45, have to do the little hand thing with the song because I asked him if we could speak next on July 31st.  And he fucked it up, too.  "There's no July 31st, we could do the 30th."  Every Pre-K child knows about Leap Year.  Learn the damn four that have 30, all the rest have 31.  Isn't that fucking hard.  Yeah, you can look at your phone, but wouldn't you rather just be an adult?  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

People that don't know how to use CDT & CST in the proper format.  Quit sending me call/meeting invites with CST in fucking July.  If you're unsure, just write CT.  Yes, I realize it gets more challenging when doing calls with other countries who may or may not observe seasonal time changes.  But if you're in Dallas, don't be typing CDT in February.  

Speaking of months.  If you're over 18.....just know how many days each one has.  I watched a guy at coffee this morning, probably 45, have to do the little hand thing with the song because I asked him if we could speak next on July 31st.  And he fucked it up, too.  "There's no July 31st, we could do the 30th."  Every Pre-K child knows about Leap Year.  Learn the damn four that have 30, all the rest have 31.  Isn't that fucking hard.  Yeah, you can look at your phone, but wouldn't you rather just be an adult?  

Sounds like you were trying to pull this one off, more successfully:

• Haha 2

I live in Houston and, as some of you might have heard, we had a little natural disaster this week. Said natural disaster has led to some challenges in fuel distribution so stations that do have power might not have fuel. Was able to find a station with half the pumps working this morning. Pulled in and I was second in line behind a dude filling up. This asshole goes inside the store to jerk off in the bathroom while the pump was running instead of staying with his car and going inside after his tank was filled.

I sat there for 13 minutes after the pump shut off before this shitstain on humanity returned to casually return the nozzle, slowly replace his fuel cap and then play Candy Crush on his phone before he decided to finally turn his car on and GTFO. In the meantime, the line keeps growing and growing and this oblivious MF thinks he’s the only person in the neighborhood that might want to fill their tank.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

12 minutes ago, royiv said:

I live in Houston and, as some of you might have heard, we had a little natural disaster this week. Said natural disaster has led to some challenges in fuel distribution so stations that do have power might not have fuel. Was able to find a station with half the pumps working this morning. Pulled in and I was second in line behind a dude filling up. This asshole goes inside the store to jerk off in the bathroom while the pump was running instead of staying with his car and going inside after his tank was filled.

I sat there for 13 minutes after the pump shut off before this shitstain on humanity returned to casually return the nozzle, slowly replace his fuel cap and then play Candy Crush on his phone before he decided to finally turn his car on and GTFO. In the meantime, the line keeps growing and growing and this oblivious MF thinks he’s the only person in the neighborhood that might want to fill their tank.

Grab you a 5 gallon fuel can and start filling up on his dime.  Maybe help some others.  

Modern Problems Funny Gif GIF by MOODMAN

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

On 7/9/2024 at 5:44 AM, closetohumping said:

Soccer mom in a ford expedition carrying to cross three lanes of traffic at the airport.  Of course I’m in the last lane and honk to avoid getting hit.  No wave, no my bad just “I need to be in that lane!”   Then you should’ve been in that lane lady

In a similar vein, why do the lanes at every single airport make no god damn sense?  I’m in the arrivals lane, which randomly turns into the rental car return lane, which then randomly turns into the parking lot lane. It’s a wonder there aren’t more wrecks. And it’s every airport everywhere. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 3

On 7/9/2024 at 8:02 AM, Antidean said:

Wasp spray used to kill those bastards instantly. Now you spray them and they laugh at me and fly away.

I picked up a can of Spectracide Pro at Lowe's to deal with some wasps around my house.  Seemed to work quite effectively.

Spectracide PRO Wasp and Hornet Killer Spray 18 oz. | Gilford Hardware

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/14/2024 at 10:15 PM, ScottS said:

I picked up a can of Spectracide Pro at Lowe's to deal with some wasps around my house.  Seemed to work quite effectively.

Spectracide PRO Wasp and Hornet Killer Spray 18 oz. | Gilford Hardware

Man, I miss the days of just taking out the nests with a lighter and a can of WD-40 as a homemade flamethrower.  It worked.  And it was fun.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Man, I miss the days of just taking out the nests with a lighter and a can of WD-40 as a homemade flamethrower.  It worked.  And it was fun.

What's stopping you?

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Only my wife when she's around to scold me.  When she's not...I do things the old way.

meh, double dog dare you! Sounds like a fun afternoon with the boy. Pass on the tradition. Send wife to get some BBQ or something. Go to town.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, tbone_ said:

So much this. How do I stop this fuckery?

Well, for Windows 10, you either stop syncing / backing up your "My Documents" folders, which then leaves them on your machine in the user profile folder, or you log out of OneDrive completely.  Windows 11, well, I don't hate myself enough to use that one yet.  The "every other Microsoft OS" rule still stands.

I know it’s necessary and quite normal, but nothing grosses me out more than when you go to pee and the bathroom is locked and out comes Chipotle (or whatever fast food chain) worker fresh from taking a dump and back to work.

Just for the optics I’d pay $1/more per item to build their own employee bathroom in the back.

• Hook 'Em 1

Ordered a regular meal at Schlotzsky’s recently and requested the BBQ Chips with my meal. Was told they were out of BBQ Chips and I thought the cashier was joking as there was a FUCKING WALL of chips, including BBQ Chips, right behind her.  Said she was not allowed to sell the  bags on ‘display’. 
These days whenever I hear a business is failing in Austin my first thought is the Jerry Seinfeld ‘that’s a shame’ gif 

Settled on the Jalapeño Chips. 

23 hours ago, Al Czervik said:

Ordered a regular meal at Schlotzsky’s recently and requested the BBQ Chips with my meal. Was told they were out of BBQ Chips and I thought the cashier was joking as there was a FUCKING WALL of chips, including BBQ Chips, right behind her.  Said she was not allowed to sell the  bags on ‘display’. 
These days whenever I hear a business is failing in Austin my first thought is the Jerry Seinfeld ‘that’s a shame’ gif 

Settled on the Jalapeño Chips. 

Sir, you settled on barbecue.

You upgraded to jalapeño.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Youtube ads popping up in the middle of songs are irritating enough, but even worse is the fact that - for me - about 80% of the ads are for either Sweetwater or Discount Electronics, both of which are already getting a couple of grand a year worth of business from me.
I feel like writing the sales/marketing departments of both and telling them they need to tell youtube that they aren't going to pay for ads to existing customers.

Having been a teen in the 8 track days has made me somewhat impervious to being interrupted in the middle of a song. Song /fade / loud click / song resumes, was just how life was back then.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, GoPokes83 said:

Having been a teen in the 8 track days has made me somewhat impervious to being interrupted in the middle of a song. Song /fade / loud click / song resumes, was just how life was back then.

Yeah, but at least it wasn't a fifteen-second ad for Levis or Chuck Taylors...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Went up to visit my dad. Has a pretty new home (3 years old) and for some reason water keeps pooling around his mailbox. So he asks me to take a look at the underground irrigation lines. Man, what a crap ass job. Redundant tubes, leaks galore. As the line goes into the mailbox area, the assholes poured fill concrete over it. So get to bust out 3-5 inches of concrete fill just to get to the leaks. Said fuck it, lets replace it all.

This is easy shit to do. Level ground, lay lines, overlay with sod. Assuming it was an aggy designer.

• Rage+1 1

When I'm in my car, the radio is always tuned to the classic rock station.  One day they decided that using the radio data to display the song and artist was not generating any revenue.  Now all the radio data does is display the phone number and name of some ambulance chaser.  Fuck that.  The radio station manager got a sternly worded email from me.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 4

52 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

When I'm in my car, the radio is always tuned to the classic rock station.  One day they decided that using the radio data to display the song and artist was not generating any revenue.  Now all the radio data does is display the phone number and name of some ambulance chaser.  Fuck that.  The radio station manager got a sternly worded email from me.

I listen to iHeart radio as the Tesla can’t get AM radio.  Every time o hit am 570, Petros papadakis is schilling for some lawyer.  There’s a glitch as this is not normal.  I can’t go straight to the Chan el for some reason 

Went to In-n-Out to get lunch. 3 cars in front of me at 11:30 is a near record.

Then the damn lady in front of me decides to pay with handfuls of coins, and CC for the balance.

I saw the cashier sweeping the coins into the cash register and I swear there must have been over 30 pennies there.

Yes I know money is money. But take that to a Coin Star machine instead of taking 5 minutes in a drive-thru lane. 

Well fuck me. I have a piece of glass in eye.

I was replacing the protective glass on my daughter’s iPad. It wouldn’t lift off, so I used a small blade to get under the edge. A tiny sliver shot into my eye.

I’ve rinsed out my eye several times, used eyedrops to no avail. I might cut up an onion and wear it as an eyepatch for the rest of the evening.

Wear protective eyewear y’all.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

I was in a minor fender-bender on July 13.  The other driver was at fault.  She was written up for an improper lane change and told the responding officer that she was distracted.  I waited until the police report was published and available before I contacted the other driver's insurance company.

Upon contacting the insurance company on Friday (19th) the representative proceeded to do the "20 question" game with me.  I repeatedly told her that I am not answering all of these questions as I have an offical police report that answers all of your questions plus it has a statement that it is your insured driver's fault.  The repesentative finally relented and gave me a claim number.  I told her that I will be traveling to India this week and that I will not be able to handle any calls unless they call at an appropriate hour.  She said that she would put that note in my case.

Immediately I began to get texts and emails to complete the necessary online questionnaires in order for my case to be resolved.  I have been getting them about every 2 hours.  I received one this morning stating that this is my last chance to answers questions.  I finally found an email to send the police report to and a sternly worded email telling them that they will need to figure it out since they do now have a police report and that they are not going to be able to question me into a different situation than what the report states.

Just give me my money so that I can get my truck fixed.  Such a pain.

• Rage+1 6

On 7/21/2024 at 2:07 PM, mininghorn88 said:

I was in a minor fender-bender on July 13.  The other driver was at fault.  She was written up for an improper lane change and told the responding officer that she was distracted.  I waited until the police report was published and available before I contacted the other driver's insurance company.

Upon contacting the insurance company on Friday (19th) the representative proceeded to do the "20 question" game with me.  I repeatedly told her that I am not answering all of these questions as I have an offical police report that answers all of your questions plus it has a statement that it is your insured driver's fault.  The repesentative finally relented and gave me a claim number.  I told her that I will be traveling to India this week and that I will not be able to handle any calls unless they call at an appropriate hour.  She said that she would put that note in my case.

Immediately I began to get texts and emails to complete the necessary online questionnaires in order for my case to be resolved.  I have been getting them about every 2 hours.  I received one this morning stating that this is my last chance to answers questions.  I finally found an email to send the police report to and a sternly worded email telling them that they will need to figure it out since they do now have a police report and that they are not going to be able to question me into a different situation than what the report states.

Just give me my money so that I can get my truck fixed.  Such a pain.

You're personally having to contact the other driver's insurance company? For any accident that I have ever been in, my provider always handles that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smuggs said:

You're personally having to contact the other driver's insurance company? For any accident that I have ever been in, my provider always handles that.

Yep, I am bowing out.

The other insurance company just called me for a statement.  I told them that they have the report and that a statement is not needed.  He tried to argue with me saying that they need a recorded statement. I told him that I guess I can read the police report to him.  He declined the offer.

Time for my insurance company to earn the premium that I pay.  I am done.

• Rage+1 1

It’s part of the exclusions and many of the crappy carriers will deny coverage if their insured does not comply with the investigation by giving their version of what happened.
Most want to get a statement from each driver to find any way to reduce their payout.

On 7/26/2024 at 1:45 PM, elfenix said:

This phantom of a window animation which is now stuck on my screen.

PXL_20240726_184134227_MP.thumb.jpg.165ba79bf9caf7037afbf832afd9631d.jpg

Look on youtube for a dead pixel fixer. A long one. Then set it to auto-repeat. 

Let it run overnight. 

May work, but may not if it’s real bad. May take more than one night, too.