Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

2 hours ago, Incredulity said:

The difference between the online menu photo and the real life “Big John” roast beef sandwich from Jimmy John’s

fucking pathetic 

Switch to the #7 East Coast Italian or the #9 Italian Night Club and never look back.

• Hook 'Em 2

21 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

It's my home airport, so my perspective is different. 

Now that MCI has been replaced, I find PHX to be the worst - bad layout and shitty food options. 

Does the shuttle to the rent car facility at Sky Harbor still have to get onto the highway? Haven’t flown into that shithole since the 2008 season Fiesta Bowl but used to have to go there a lot for work. Total dump….

• Rage+1 1

PHX is the worst airport I have ever been through, but the sample size is pretty small so I’ve never felt the need put forth that opinion with any conviction.   Also I don’t mind LAX and haven’t had a bad experience there.  Larger sample size there.  It sucks that it usually takes forever to get to where we stay, but that ain’t LAX’s fault.

Youtube ads popping up in the middle of songs are irritating enough, but even worse is the fact that - for me - about 80% of the ads are for either Sweetwater or Discount Electronics, both of which are already getting a couple of grand a year worth of business from me.

I feel like writing the sales/marketing departments of both and telling them they need to tell youtube that they aren't going to pay for ads to existing customers.

23 hours ago, Incredulity said:

The difference between the online menu photo and the real life “Big John” roast beef sandwich from Jimmy John’s

fucking pathetic 

Mrs. Brat always believes those menu photos. smh

3 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Mrs. Brat always believes those menu photos. smh

I tell people who say it doesn’t look like the menu photo that “Well they spent several hours making it look like that. This took 10 minutes.” That usually ends the complaining.

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

https://www.jimmyjohns.com/menu/originals-sandwiches/big-john

image.png.9b5f3eb611fe0c26df0c3c2284dd8715.png

I didn't expect it to really look close to this.  My complaint was more about there literally being only 2 slices of roast beef on the whole sandwich.  It basically ended up being a shredded lettuce and sliced tomato with mayo sandwich.

should have taken a photo.

Not sure if I got screwed by the restaurant execution or shrinkflation.  Won't order again.

^

This.  

I'm as adamantly anti-chain as almost anyone.  But I would occasionally hit up the Jimmy John's on MLK before heading to campus for office hours.  It was quick and easy.  But my god, now it's like $12 for a regular sized sandwich that maybe has the equivalent of 2-3 slices of deli meat you'd get from a proper grocer.  It's mainly just filled with shit quality condiments and 'vegetables.'  For half the price, I can walk across the street to P. Terry's and get a full combo for half the price with better ingredients.  I think Jimmy John's saw the Subway model of feeding garbage to the borderline insane and thought, "Hold my Beer."  

I can't believe there's no way to replay a YT ad. I've had ads that were funny enough that I wanted to show them to someone, and not been able to repeat or find them again. Was a hilarious Cantonese ad for State Farm years ago that still sticks in my mind.

I've also had ads that actually got my attention and I wanted to click and investigate the product, but wasn't able to click through and the ad didn't have enough context for me to know wtf the company was. Total fail by the ad agency.

The New Braunfels Bucees isnt worth a fuck.

Ive come to expect certain things when I go to bucees and one of them is a clean empty stall in which I can set free the “bronc in the chute.”

Here, they only have about 10 stalls.  Not enough for I-35.  Not even close assholes.  

I don’t want to go into a shit smelling stall where the seat is still hot and sweaty

aggy regressing to aggy.

Ive come to expect certain things when I go to bucees and one of them is a clean empty stall in which I can set free the “bronc in the chute.”
Here, they only have about 10 stalls.  Not enough for I-35.  Not even close assholes.  

I don’t want to go into a shit smelling stall where the seat is still hot and sweaty

aggy regressing to aggy.

Needs to go in the enshitification thread.

All Bucees suck. Full stop.

42 minutes ago, CoTex said:

aggy regressing to aggy.

Do you, uh, "take a wide stance?"

Asking for a former Idaho Senator.

• Haha 1

On 6/26/2024 at 11:09 AM, Sandman said:

My buddy and I were talking about Jim Croce and how great he was and it fucking irks me that my ex-wife is the one who really got me into his music. So every time I start up the playlist, the words "fucking bitch" slip out under my breath. 

Operatuh, can you help me place this call...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, nnm said:

This is why you should always close your toilet lid when you flush. And keep your toothbrush in a drawer or cabinet if you don’t have a separate toilet room.

This.  I am constantly baffled when I go to people's homes and use their restroom and the toothbrush or hand towel is just sitting mere inches from the toilet bowl I just defiled.  Like the hotel/semen thing, yeah---there's "be tough and grow strong like a man" mentality.  But it's like an extra 5% of work to not ingest shit and semen in strange places if you don't need to.  You don't get healthy guy bacteria from semen and toilet spray.  

Every year, we go to this old friend's place for Christmas party.  And her brother stays with her at the holidays.  And every year, there's his fucking toothbrush, literally on top of the toilet tank.  And I close to the lid before flushing, but still---it takes 3 seconds to walk it over to the other end of the vanity or back into the guest bedroom.  I'm not like Howie Mandel germaphobe level, but I just look at people's situations sometimes like, "Yeah, I can be a little OCD, but you could also just spend 5 seconds not putting the salad you just made for our dinner party right next to the disposal as you run it for 60 seconds splashing like a fucked up attraction at Sea World."  

• Like 1

TV shows with bad and long intros feel so self-indulgent and gratuitous. Succession is terrible. 

The Star Wars stuff is nice—good music with the helmet renders and then its over in a jiffy, onto the meat of the show.