6figs/"Trust the Hamm" greatest hits

Machinator

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

With Sarkisian, it's been a little bit of a painful mirroring, honestly. He flunked his debut against Arkansas almost as poorly as Mack did. He hasn't seemed to figure out the notion of scheming and prepping for OU a little bit year round. That's disappointing and has him sporting a 1-2 record thus far. As to ATM? I don't know how in the fuck the guy is going to whiff on that one. He has to know, and has to have the team prepared for, the fact is that this upcoming game on 11/30 will be the closest thing to an on-the-field jihad from a band of psychos that the sport of CFB has ever seen. 

Yep. The fact that those idiots were so adamant about resuming the series there should tell the tale. I hope people picked up on the clue. Schlossnagle just turned it up to 11. Some people will absolutely get assaulted there, regardless of the outcome.

But anyone thinking a beatdown will silence them has never met an aggie. They NEVER shut the fuck up.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Yep. The fact that those idiots were so adamant about resuming the series there should tell the tale. I hope people picked up on the clue. Schlossnagle just turned it up to 11. Some people will absolutely get assaulted there, regardless of the outcome.

But anyone thinking a beatdown will silence them has never met an aggie. They NEVER shut the fuck up.

True, they're awful hosts. Been to the Kroger Tackle Box at Gomer Pyle Field about 6 times myself...although the last 2 times were in 2005 and 2009 and even the most red-assed ags I saw those trips weren't very optimistic. I was pretty disappointed that Texas didn't put 21+ point beatdowns on them as it should have been. They need another reminder that they belong at the kids table this November 

• Hook 'Em 1

I’ll give Mack and Dodds this- in 2009, the Ags tried their damndest to repeat the bonfire script, wallowing in the 10th anniversary, trying to gin up sympathy and intensity. Texas said, “Nuh-uh. We showed due respect ten years ago. That’s not a tradition for us.” The conference and broadcasters agreed. 

that said- this year is the 25th anniversary and I expect those goofballs to bring it up again. 

Edited by statsman

On 6/27/2024 at 11:46 AM, Tex Pete said:

Also, as the team drove into CS, the road was lined "Burma Shave-style" with signs talking shit about our team, and there were some people lined along the roadway, IIRC.

The hotel had been instructed to put no calls through to the players' or coaches' rooms overnight. It was a typical aggy show of their high class and moral superiority. Of course, we have never done anything remotely similar to them. Resuming the series is going to be unpleasant, to say the least. They're horrible people.

The difference between 2024 and 2011 is going to be mobile phone technology and the documentation and misleading they provide. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/28/2024 at 3:38 PM, PhillyD said:

Too conservative for aggy?  Is such a thing even possible?

It could make it very difficult to recruit the nation's top talent, and especially difficult to sway them from just going to the draft/minors if he's not going to drastically change how he does things. 

But if he drastically changes how he does things will he still be effective? 

All I found researching him is he turned down Baylor in 2015 but interviewed for the Texas job in 2016 and didn't get offered.