Luka Doncic

Goo Punch

Posted (edited)

Basketball has the dumbest discourse of any sport. I'd say it has the stupidest fans, but it's the same people who watch football. They just say fewer stupid words about football.

When I read "The Jordan Rules" and saw all this talk about how in 1990 people thought Jordan was just a selfish scorer who could never win, it shocked me. But we've gotten a lot dumber since then. 

Why is it the nation is capable of watching a football game and analyzing where teams are weak, what teams did wrong, or how coaches made mistakes, but when a basketball game ends, every discussion is who's the GOAT, who's a superstar, and will X ever win?

Edited by fellside
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, definitely not derka said:

yeah i’ve still got jokic and giannis as the top two and embiid next.

I mean, availability matters. This was the first time Giannis has been hampered, but hard for me to put a dude who's never been past the 2nd round in the East as a Top 3 player. #3 sounds about right for Luka.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, definitely not derka said:

yeah i’ve still got jokic and giannis as the top two and embiid next.

Jokic and Giannis are very reasonable takes. I can’t imagine there are many GM’s who would have Embiid over Luka given his injury history and annual disappearing act in the playoffs. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
2 hours ago, Michael Knight said:
Top 2 is a stretch

I've got him#2. I'd take him over Embiid every day. Who are you taking over Luka? Maybe Giannis, but nobody else.

Jokic and Giannis are the 2 obvious ones, you know 2 guys who have actually won MVP and a championship. Maybe not Embiid but only because of health reasons dudes a 2 way monster when healthy. One could even make the argument for Steph but I won't be the one to do it.

Jokic and Giannis are the 2 obvious ones, you know 2 guys who have actually won MVP and a championship. Maybe not Embiid but only because of health reasons dudes a 2 way monster when healthy. One could even make the argument for Steph but I won't be the one to do it.
Steph is old. Like LeBron, still very good but not near his peak. I would go Jokic and then Luka. An argument can be made for Giannis, but not anyone else, IMO. Embiid shrinks when it matters most. And he plays like he's a foot shorter than he is.

2 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
9 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Steph is old. Like LeBron, still very good but not near his peak. I would go Jokic and then Luka. An argument can be made for Giannis, but not anyone else, IMO. Embiid shrinks when it matters most. And he plays like he's a foot shorter than he is.

You mean like fouling out in game 3?

2 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
3 hours ago, closetohumping said:
Nah.  Wemby joker luka

I'm going Jok, Luka, Wemby. But no bad answers there.

Despite him being dead for 25 years, I'm going Wilt, Jokic, Luka, Giannis, Wemby, Embiid.  That's how dominant/great Wilt was.

Edited by Hornius Emeritus
  • Haha 1