Shohei Ohtani

Firemans4Horn

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

If you go by numbers, however, he's not the best offensive player in baseball this year.

he’s a top 5 offensive player who finished fourth in the cy young voting last year despite getting hurt. there’s no historical or contemporary comparison to shohei.

30 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

He's incredible. I wish they'd cut out the DH thing and let him play in the outfield.

Maybe next year.

while certainly he can play it, unless he is never going to pitch again there is no reason to risk injury in the outfield.

I think Judge probably wins MVP but Ohtani shouldn't be dinged because he is only a DH this year. Everyone knows he could play a position if needed.

• Hook 'Em 1

off the top of my head judge, witt, shohei, acuña, and someone like kyle tucker or juan soto are the ~5 best offensive players. shohei also happens to be on the list of the ~5 best pitchers in the league. imagine if spencer strider played dh this season and went 50/50. that’s shohei in real life.

9 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

but Ohtani shouldn't be dinged because he is only a DH this year. Everyone knows he could play a position if needed.

Yeah he could play a position but he didn't. MVP isn't supposed to be awarded to who the best player is in a vacuum. It's who was the best player and most valuable to their team over the season. 

Judge might be a really good basketball player but it doesn't have anything to do with the season he just had.

Edited by ztejas

21 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

while certainly he can play it, unless he is never going to pitch again there is no reason to risk injury in the outfield.

I think Judge probably wins MVP but Ohtani shouldn't be dinged because he is only a DH this year. Everyone knows he could play a position if needed.

Good thing there are enough MVP awards to go around for the both of them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

in the history of baseball there have been 49 instances of a 50-hr season. the average sb total for those seasons is 7.4.

there have been 241 seasons where a player got 50+ steals. the average hr total for those seasons is 8.4.

this is truly uncharted territory, and again, it’s being done by one of the handful of best pitchers in all of baseball.

• Hook 'Em 2