Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-will-face-different-twitter-rules-when-he-leaves-office-11608642198?st=qipqi5w4hwb57f8&reflink=share_mobilewebshare

President Trump has used his Twitter account as a megaphone during his administration. When he leaves office, he will need to abide by a different set of rules.

Mr. Trump is currently able to tweet with less risk, compared with private citizens, of having tweets taken down or his account suspended. Mr. Trump’s Twitter account, which has more than 88 million followers, will no longer receive special privileges when he becomes a private citizen, Twitter spokesman Nick Pacilio said.

The loss of privileges reserved for world leaders and public officials would mean that if Mr. Trump violates the site’s rules, those tweets would be taken down rather than labeled in the future, Mr. Pacilio said. Mr. Trump’s tweets have been labeled by the company repeatedly both before and since the election, often with a warning that “this claim about election fraud is disputed.”

Twitter could face a politically delicate decision on how far to go if Mr. Trump does violate the rules after he leaves office. The company has yet to decide how it would treat any future policy violations by Mr. Trump and plans to examine his account on a case-by-case basis, a person familiar with the matter said.

Twitter created several policies over the past year to address misinformation on its platform, and they may need to continue evolving, said Peter Greenberger, a former executive at Twitter and Alphabet Inc.’s Google focusing on politics.

“I expect Twitter will still see the newsworthiness of his tweets and allow him to continue to push the envelope,” he said of Mr. Trump and his possible 2024 rerun for the White House.

The White House declined to comment.

Mr. Trump has said Twitter is “out of control” and alleges it is censoring his views on the election. Mr. Trump has also called for an overhaul of Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act. The provision has given online companies broad immunity from legal liability for their users’ actions and wide latitude to police content on their sites.

Mr. Trump is the first president to regularly use his personal Twitter account as a way to communicate with the public beyond announcements. He has tweeted official nominations and firings, solicited input and expressed his opinion on a range of topics. His tweets, typically written by him or White House Director of Social Media Dan Scavino, often include one-word responses, capitalized words or exclamation points.

Spoiler

Twitter in May first labeled one of Mr. Trump’s tweets for violating its rules against glorifying violence. In recent months the company has applied fact-checking labels on numerous claims of voter fraud from Mr. Trump on the platform. There has been no evidence of widespread voter fraud in the election.

Twitter has said its approach to world leaders, candidates and public officials is based on “the principle that people should be able to choose to see what their leaders are saying with clear context.” The company’s policy bans tweets that promote terrorism, violence, self-harm; relate to child sexual trafficking; or share private information, photos or videos without consent. Twitter has said it applies a different standard to the messages of politicians compared with regular civilians because politicians’ messages could be newsworthy.

Mr. Trump, who got more than 74 million votes despite his loss to Joe Biden, has mused publicly and privately about running for president in 2024. If he moves forward, Twitter hasn’t yet made public what will constitute the threshold for 2024 presidential candidacy.

Primary candidates running for House, Senate or governor are verified and labeled as an official candidate by Twitter, if they have Federal Election Commission filings and a Ballotpedia listing for the candidate.

If Mr. Trump continues to violate Twitter’s rules after leaving office, Twitter as a nongovernment platform could take the account down as it would of any other private citizen, said Jameel Jaffer, executive director of the Knight First Amendment Institute at Columbia University. “Part of what makes Twitter powerful is that it amplifies speech,” he said. “When Twitter decides to allow speech to stay on that platform, it allows that speech to be amplified.”

Once Mr. Biden is sworn in as president, Twitter will also transfer about a dozen other official presidential accounts to the new administration, including @WhiteHouse, @Potus and @Flotus, Mr. Pacilio said.

Twitter will reset those accounts’ passwords and share ownership with the National Archives and Records Administration.

The National Archives, in a statement, confirmed it will receive and archive content posted to those official accounts. The @Potus account will be renamed @Potus45 and will be frozen as-is on Twitter, according to the statement. Mr. Trump will maintain control of his personal @realDonaldTrump account post-presidency, according to the statement.

After Mr. Trump was inaugurated in January 2017, he continued using his personal account, which he has had since March 2009. The White House uses the @Potus account that President Obama first held.

During the transition from Mr. Obama to Mr. Trump, account handles were changed to, for instance, @ObamaWhiteHouse and @Potus44.

Twitter has been in ongoing discussions with the Biden transition team on a number of aspects related to the account transfers, Mr. Pacilio said. Twitter will provide the Biden team with the new handles, which will have content only from the Biden team, people familiar with the matter said. One sticking point that arose in a meeting last week is whether the millions of followers from the official accounts will transfer to the Biden team, they added.

During the 2017 transfer of official White House Twitter accounts, which included their millions of followers, there were technical glitches as well as complaints from some Twitter users about the process.

Jason Goldman, who became during the Obama administration the first White House Chief Digital Officer, said the @Potus account was created to be used by future presidents, too.

“Obviously the followers who are part of that account are part of the value of building up that institutional asset,” said Mr. Goldman, who was previously Twitter’s head of product. “Just like whitehouse.gov—the website—is another asset that remains from administration to administration.”

Edited by Francisco 2.0

On 12/21/2020 at 12:26 PM, Lobo said:

There’s some obscure regional airport in some red state whose governor will change the name to curry favor with the Trumper base before his next primary.  Wichita or Mobile or somewhere like that. seriously, it’s gonna happen and in the next two years so get used to the idea. but it won’t be a significant airport that regular business or leisure travelers will refer to by name the way we toss around Bush, Hobby, JFK, or Reagan National.  

I’m totally fine with Trump gets a major airport named for him like JFK in New York, provided he’s willing to be like Jack and take two in the skull for the honor

Now as far as real airports thst adults use, Fauci will get one before Trump ever does. 

Tulsa's airport isn't named after anyone, and I guarantee some bubba in the state leg will file a bill to rename it for lord trump. OKC's airport is named for Will Rogers, who died in a plane crash, so if donnie wants to go out like that, maybe it'll be okay.

• Hook 'Em 2

34 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I’m sure this totally unrelated to anything else happening right now 

Banks love investing on both sides when there is money to be made.  

How much money has the US spent to bail out Deutsche Bank over the years?  

On July 21, 2011, when the GAO released its audit of the Federal Reserve’s secret $16.1 trillion in bank loans during the financial crisis, a foreign bank ranked number 9 on the list of the largest borrowers. The loans went not just to the largest banks on Wall Street but to foreign derivative counterparties to the Wall Street banks. The foreign bank that ranked 9 on the list of the largest borrowers was Germany’s largest bank, Deutsche Bank, which took $354 billion in revolving loans from the U.S. Federal Reserve.

https://wallstreetonparade.com/2019/04/after-a-354-billion-u-s-bailout-germanys-deutsche-bank-still-has-49-trillion-in-derivatives/

bulls on parade

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

8 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I believe I've read that the "Big 3" networks had always viewed their news divisions as more of a cost center than a profit center; kind of a "for the better good" approach.  Therefore, the news was read straight, with commentary that was clearly opinion separated from hard news. 

Once Ted Turner launched CNN and proved you could make "news" profitable, it all went to hell.  Not sure if that's exactly right but sounds like it could be. 

6 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

You're not far off. The problem was with *how* Turner realized you could make it profitable. Back when CNN was just a 24 hour running loop of 30 minute news shows, it had good content, reporting-wise..........

EDIT:  I should add, that's not Turner's fault, or CNN's fault. That's on us, the dumbass, gullible human consumers who have allowed our society to go to shit because we can't pay fucking attention to what's actually going on for more than five fucking minutes without getting bored.

3 hours ago, RPM said:

You can't really hang that on Turner, either. I don't know how far back newsmagazines go, but even the high holy Edward R. Murrow did infotainment. Of course back in the day it was scattered out over the week or month. Now it's 24/7. 

The problem is that cable news needed a lot of filler throughout the day, and elevated local stories to "national news", and presented opinions as news, which is still with us today.  It helped to instill fear, anger, etc. into people, even if that was not originally the intent (I'd argue it is the intent for many of the true crime shows today).

For me, as a kid, the Adam Walsh murder, the Halloween candy scares, the Tylenol stuff, these were all very isolated incidents that were blown into these huge stories that scared a lot of people, who had no reason to be scared.  From the time of the Walsh murder on, you have a shitload of parents to this day (and many who weren't alive, even as kids, when Walsh was murdered), who are scared their kids will be kidnapped if they leave them alone, even though the stats say complete strangers kidnapping kids is extremely rare (arguably even more rare in today's age of smart phones and cameras everywhere).  Instead, it's going to be a noncustodial parent or an acquaintance more often than not.

Once we began taking stories that affected few people, and blew them up through cable news, and personalities started developing who presented their opinions as facts, well that was the proverbial barn door being thrown wide open.  That led directly to Fox News.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

For me, as a kid, the Adam Walsh murder, the Halloween candy scares, the Tylenol stuff, these were all very isolated incidents that were blown into these huge stories that scared a lot of people, who had no reason to be scared.  From the time of the Walsh murder on, you have a shitload of parents to this day (and many who weren't alive, even as kids, when Walsh was murdered), who are scared their kids will be kidnapped if they leave them alone

Dude, those people existed before you or your parents were born. I remember the "razor blade apples" and "LSD popcorn balls". Unfortunately, I failed to come across either, but TBH I was hoping for the latter.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump resigning on January 19th and Pence pardoning him and the family is my projected outcome.  And Pence will do it b/c he won’t have a choice, politically speaking.  

So, does Pence get a library in that instance?  Joking, but I am also curious of the extent of presidential benefits afforded to him if he is Commander in Chief for 24 hours?

3 minutes ago, RPM said:

Dude, those people existed before you or your parents were born. I remember the "razor blade apples" and "LSD popcorn balls". Unfortunately, I failed to come across either, but TBH I was hoping for the latter.

Yeah, but the cable news networks blew those things up into spectacular/sensational stores on a national scale, making it seem like there was some creepy and menacing guy in a van around every corner, just waiting to offer you candy and then kidnap you.  What you heard in one city on the local news or in the local newspaper rarely made news in another (unless it was an actual state or national story), but cable news networks were taking little stories from Podunk, Illinois, and blasting them into the homes in Butt Fuck, Oklahoma.

The actual reality, for instance, creepy guys in vans kidnapping people,  was that most of those creeps were so pathetic, that even at 10 or 11 years old, my friends and I could set them up and ambush them, beat the everliving fuck out of them (10 and 11 year-olds with chains and baseball bats are nothing to be sneezed at), take their wallets, threaten to go the cops and claim they touched us if they told anybody.  Shit, we were rolling in Slim Jims and Icees and Slurpees, and could go to whatever movies we wanted to, or buy G I Joe or Star Wars figures, and our parents just assumed it was our lawn mowing money.

Point being, those networks needed filler, sensationalism sold well, and it was just a matter of time until something like Fox News came along.

25 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Hope Hicks on the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board?   SMU must be proud.

She does have experience, even before joining the administration.  

As a young girl, she time-traveled to Paris in the 1880s

spacer.png

She time-traveled to Berlin in the 1870s

51275JYSNSL._SX321_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

She time-traveled to Spain in the 1970s

51JHY8GH7ML._SX313_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

And she time-traveled to plenty more countries and eras.

• Hook 'Em 1

Zucker admits CNN made mistakes in building up Trump in 2016. Media Malpractice. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/20/business/media/jeff-zucker-helped-create-donald-trump-that-show-may-be-ending.html

In December 2015, after the demagoguery of Donald Trump’s presidential campaign became clear, I asked CNN’s president, Jeff Zucker, if he regretted his role in Mr. Trump’s rise.

First Mr. Zucker — who put “The Apprentice” on NBC in 2004 and made Mr. Trump a household name — laughed uproariously, if a bit nervously. Then he said, “I have no regrets about the part that I played in his career.”

I was thinking about that exchange when Tucker Carlson of Fox News recently gleefully aired recordings of conversations with Mr. Zucker that Mr. Trump’s fixer, Michael Cohen, had deviously taped in March 2016:

Spoiler

Mr. Zucker is heard speaking in flattering and friendly terms about Mr. Trump, or, as he called him, “the boss.”

“You guys have had great instincts, great guts and great understanding of everything,” Mr. Zucker says to Mr. Cohen of Mr. Trump’s campaign.

And Mr. Zucker shows an eager interest in Mr. Trump’s television stardom. “I have all these proposals for him,” Mr. Zucker says beseechingly at one point. “Like, I want to do a weekly show with him and all this stuff.”

You may have missed the recordings — CNN didn’t cover them, nor did The New York Times — but if you can filter out Mr. Carlson’s spin and Fox’s campaign against CNN, they’re still revealing.

Of course TV executives work for access behind the scenes; of course, under the stirring mood music that fills CNN hour after hour, an old bond thrived between cable television’s defining executive and the president of the United States.

But the story of Mr. Trump and Mr. Zucker is a kind of Frankenstein tale for the late television age, about a brilliant TV executive who lost control of his creation. And it illustrates the extent to which this American moment is still shaped not by the hard logic of politics or the fragmented reality of new media, but by the ineluctable power of TV.

Mr. Zucker made his bones as a wunderkind producer for the “Today” show. He took over NBC’s entertainment group in 2000, as the “Friends” era was ending and reality TV was beginning. The network desperately needed a new kind of hit, and Mr. Zucker found it in “The Apprentice” — a corporate boardroom version of “Survivor,” the blockbuster at rival CBS. That show transformed Mr. Trump from a local blowhard into a national figure, and laid the groundwork for his presidential campaign.

When Mr. Trump ran for president, Mr. Zucker briefly dismissed him as a “sideshow” in an early 2015 email to his political team, according to one of its recipients. But as soon as he saw the ratings his old star could still deliver, he spent 2015 and 2016 turning CNN into a platform for his ambitions. He went so far as to turn the camera to the empty podium before Mr. Trump’s rallies (a chyron read: “DONALD TRUMP EXPECTED TO SPEAK ANY MINUTE”), while other presidential candidates seethed and suspected — accurately, it turns out — that the two men maintained a cozy back channel.

Frank Bruni: A less conventional take on politics, cultural milestones and more from Frank Bruni.

“When the folks over there at CNN get all high and mighty about their journalistic integrity — that’s just not real,” said Terry Sullivan, who managed Senator Marco Rubio’s campaign and said he laughed out loud when he heard the recording. “They’re running a reality TV show. That’s what Zucker’s good at.”

The story is not, of course, quite that simple. CNN retains much of its straight news DNA and its tough Washington interview machine, and is indispensable in moments of big breaking news — like Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s death. But the company had hired Mr. Zucker in 2013 to restore its relevance at a moment when the internet had replaced TV as a source of the newest information. Now its signature prime-time broadcasts, from Don Lemon and Chris Cuomo, are nightly cris de coeur, featuring monologues about Mr. Trump’s misdeeds, competing with MSNBC for the same enraged American audience. They feature the occasional true reality TV flourish — notably, the duet between Mr. Cuomo and his brother, the New York governor, and the highly staged exit of the anchor from his basement, where he had isolated himself when he contracted the coronavirus.

In speaking to dozens of people who know Mr. Zucker over the past few weeks, I heard two distinct theories of what is going on now: One is the current version of CNN — amped up outrage and righteousness — is just Mr. Zucker’s latest reflexive adaptation in search of ratings. The other is that Mr. Zucker, TV’s Dr. Frankenstein, has been willing to dent his network’s nonpartisan brand in order to kill his runaway monster, Mr. Trump.

Preston Beckman, who was NBC’s executive vice president for program planning and scheduling just before Mr. Zucker’s ascendancy there, said Mr. Zucker’s thirst for ratings blinded him to the damage he was doing by offering saturation Trump coverage.

“He’s a ratings whore — and I’m telling you that as a ratings whore,” Mr. Beckman told me. “But it’s one thing to be a ratings whore in prime time and it’s another thing to be a ratings whore when it comes to news.”

Mr. Zucker’s friends see a redemption story.

“As a journalist, he has a conscience, a sincere commitment to the First Amendment and a deep sense of citizenship,” said Ben Sherwood, another top morning show producer who went on to lead the Disney-ABC Television Group, and who has known Mr. Zucker since they worked on The Harvard Crimson together 35 years ago.

Mr. Zucker “admits he isn’t the most introspective person,” Mr. Sherwood wrote in a book called “The Survivor’s Club.” The CNN chief is a survivor — of two bouts of colon cancer in his 30s and heart surgery in 2018. 

He’s constantly in motion, most at home in the control room, directing shots and popping into his hosts’ ears to suggest aggressive lines of questioning, suggesting stories to his digital team. People who wonder at his professional survival and resilience sometimes miss what an effective leader “JZ,” as he’s known internally, has been at CNN, winning the deep loyalty of many of his staff with the blend of obsessiveness, decisiveness and loyalty that you need in a news leader.

“Jeff is the most decisive and self-assured media executive I’ve ever worked for or covered as a reporter,” said NBC’s Dylan Byers, a former CNN reporter, adding: “But he has a North Star. The North Star is ratings.’’

Mr. Zucker’s professional passion has never been hard news: It’s been ratings, corporate success and winning at every game. His most legendary moments have dramatic tactical thrusts — like his poaching of Meredith Vieira from “The View” on ABC for the “Today” show in 2006. And his relationship with Mr. Trump reflects a certain New York social world that has always blended friendship, talent management and philanthropy. Mr. Zucker’s then-wife, Caryn, lunched with Melania Trump, a mutual friend said, and raised money for the private school both families’ children attended; Mr. Trump wrote a check.

Mr. Zucker’s falling-out with his old star came late. Even in the spring of 2017 — after a presidency that kicked off with an attempt to ban Muslims from traveling to America —  he told my colleague Jonathan Mahler, “I like Donald.”

But the tensions were growing. Mr. Trump had chosen Fox over CNN as the main home of his rolling talk show, giving the conservative network constant access and interviews. His powerful son-in-law, Jared Kushner, who was rising inside the administration, lacked Mr. Trump’s affection for Mr. Zucker and pushed the president away from him.

When AT&T moved to buy CNN’s parent company, Time Warner, in 2016, Mr. Trump began attacking his old friend. He did it in public, on Twitter. He also raised Mr. Zucker in a private meeting with AT&T’s then-C.E.O., Randall Stephenson, in early 2017, a comment that hasn’t been previously reported.

The president’s campaign against Mr. Zucker was interpreted — reasonably — by Mr. Zucker as an attempt to get him fired as a condition of the merger, according to three people who spoke to AT&T and Time Warner executives at the time. But Time Warner stood by him, and Mr. Trump’s Justice Department sued to stop the merger. When Mr. Stephenson finally took control of the company in 2018, he didn’t fire the CNN president.

Mr. Mahler’s piece noted that CNN had become more focused on American politics, ”an unending loop of dramatic moments, conflicts and confrontations” — in other words, it had become Trumpier. He also noted Mr. Zucker’s “strange symbiosis” with Mr. Trump. But that summer, CNN fired Jeffrey Lord, a genial, silver-haired former aide to Ronald Reagan who had been Mr. Trump’s most stalwart defender on the network.

And by the end of that year, the lure of ratings pulled the network in a new direction: resistance. Mr. Trump’s own political theater featured regular televised confrontations with CNN’s White House correspondent, Jim Acosta, a different kind of win-win. But if Mr. Trump and Mr. Zucker sometimes still seemed to be winking, their audiences aren’t in on the joke, and the deadly serious stakes became clear when a deranged Trump supporter mailed a bomb to CNN’s New York headquarters in October 2018.

Mr. Zucker didn’t respond through a spokeswoman when I asked again, five years later, whether he now regrets his role in Mr. Trump’s career.

But this run, too, may be coming to an end. When I spoke to former NBC colleagues of Mr. Zucker about his tenure there, the show they brought up most often wasn’t “The Apprentice”; it was “Fear Factor,” in which contestants were tossed in their underwear into a pit full of rats, among other grotesque stunts. USA Today described it as perhaps “the most vile program ever to air on a major network.”

“Fear Factor” didn’t age well. The show lasted six seasons, and a revival was cut short by public backlash to a stunt in which competing sets of identical twins drank donkey semen. The public got tired of it (and that donkey stunt didn’t air).

“After a while it was like, Jesus Christ,” the host, Joe Rogan, recalled in a 2019 interview. “How many times can you throw them off buildings?”

Consuming the news of the last four years has felt at times like watching “Fear Factor” and its cruel and violent strain of reality television. That’s the sensation of doomscrolling on Twitter late at night, the unending outrage cycle that has propelled cable news to its current strong and steady ratings.

When I spoke to people at CNN, they made the point that ultimately they cover and react to the news, they don’t make it. Mr. Zucker may be in the control room, and when we look back at this disorienting era, media leaders will be important, secondary figures. But this isn’t reality TV, it’s reality, and the show’s executive producer is Donald Trump.

And the part of the American electorate that was enjoying the show may get tired of this too. If Donald Trump loses in November, that may also mark the end of this era of cable television, which he had fed and fed off, and which has left its audience divided and exhausted.

idoits.

Edited by washparkhorn

11 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

88 million followers?

spacer.png

Anybody else find it weird that Trump's peak twitter follower population is the same as the population of Germany in 1941?  

At least Hitler cared about a lot of his people though.  He saw the Reich as an extension of himself and wanted it to achieve 1000 years of greatness.  Fuck up as he was, at least he wanted to lift up most of his people.  Trump sees the United States as an extension of his hotel business, a tad more selfish IMO.  Either way, maybe Trump will do us a solid and partake in the same bunker activities as Hitler did.  

I mean, Hitler pulled some grifts for his friends, but most of what he did was to rob from ethic minorities and other European countries and reappropriate it for the Reich and its rebuilding/war effort.  Trump steals from his idiot base and from American taxpayers at large, gives a huge chunk of it to his friends, business associates, people he owes money to, bankers, creditors, debtors, lessors, lawyers, his children, his own businesses, and whoever pretends to stay loyal to him.  And then takes it in the ass from Putin's Russia because he doesn't want to upset his "friend."  I've said it before, be happy our shithead was so much more anemic and ineffectual than Hitler.  We got a guy who just wants his own TV network or legal bills paid in a few years.  He doesn't want his flag on whole continents, just defunct casinos.  We are truly blessed.  

Still, it'll be really funny when Trump dies soon.  

47 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The problem is that cable news needed a lot of filler throughout the day, and elevated local stories to "national news", and presented opinions as news, which is still with us today.  It helped to instill fear, anger, etc. into people, even if that was not originally the intent (I'd argue it is the intent for many of the true crime shows today).

For me, as a kid, the Adam Walsh murder, the Halloween candy scares, the Tylenol stuff, these were all very isolated incidents that were blown into these huge stories that scared a lot of people, who had no reason to be scared.  From the time of the Walsh murder on, you have a shitload of parents to this day (and many who weren't alive, even as kids, when Walsh was murdered), who are scared their kids will be kidnapped if they leave them alone, even though the stats say complete strangers kidnapping kids is extremely rare (arguably even more rare in today's age of smart phones and cameras everywhere).  Instead, it's going to be a noncustodial parent or an acquaintance more often than not.

Once we began taking stories that affected few people, and blew them up through cable news, and personalities started developing who presented their opinions as facts, well that was the proverbial barn door being thrown wide open.  That led directly to Fox News.

Spot on. Talk radio had a part to play as well.  I did a spot of research and discovered that the FCC abolished a rule called The Fairness Doctrine as part of deregulation to help the declining AM radio business. The Fairness Doctrine required stations to give contrasting viewpoints. Enter Rush Limbaugh. As another element of deregulation, companies were allowed to own more stations, which served to bolster conservative talk radio too.  Clearchannel's (now iHeartMedia) largest contract is with Limbaugh.

19 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

Spot on. Talk radio had a part to play as well.  I did a spot of research and discovered that the FCC abolished a rule called The Fairness Doctrine as part of deregulation to help the declining AM radio business. The Fairness Doctrine required stations to give contrasting viewpoints. Enter Rush Limbaugh. As another element of deregulation, companies were allowed to own more stations, which served to bolster conservative talk radio too.  Clearchannel's (now iHeartMedia) largest contract is with Limbaugh.

Fairness Doctrine has been talked about quite a bit on these threads, but yes.

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

Is there any way that these appointments can be "disappointed"? Asking specifically about that Ric Grenell one. You know, the former ambassador to Germany who caused a rift in diplomatic relations, because he cozied up to the anti-semitic Alternative fur Deutschland party. His appointment to the Holocaust Memorial is some serious Kuhscheisse.

20 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Is there any way that these appointments can be "disappointed"? Asking specifically about that Ric Grenell one. You know, the former ambassador to Germany who caused a rift in diplomatic relations, because he cozied up to the anti-semitic Alternative fur Deutschland party. His appointment to the Holocaust Memorial is some serious Kuhscheisse.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29gqzp18ut1bc56hu5as

2 hours ago, Texas St. Armadillos said:

So, does Pence get a library in that instance?  Joking, but I am also curious of the extent of presidential benefits afforded to him if he is Commander in Chief for 24 hours?

He gets a rest stop men’s room named after him

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Texas St. Armadillos said:

They’ll rename French Lick Municipal Airport after him, as well as the next public library that opens in Muncie. 

One of the only Rs who have consistently spoken of the dangers of the dotard and dotardism seems to be Rep. Adam Kinzinger ® Illinois.  If the GOP were smart (they aren't), they would use him as a model of how the GOP should reform.  

I’m not sure what he was saying 3-4 yrs ago but Larry hogan (r gov of Maryland) doesn’t take shit off trump either as of late
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Some can - Pod Save America discussed it on a podcast this week.

The Defense Department ones can be immediately replaced. Some, like Kelley Anne Conway’s appointment to The Air Force Academy’s Board of Governors and the Federal Election Commission are set terms.

He’s done so many of these in the last month I have no idea which ones can be rescinded which ones are for set terms.