Dumbass Shit on Nextdoor

Sbbruin

On 6/20/2024 at 2:22 PM, rage-a-holic said:

be careful letting those Walmart employees into your house, because evidently that's something they do

image.png.8f7347be299586ea1ee2ee09661ae22b.png

I just saw a commercial for a service that Walmart has that will deliver your groceries and come into your house and put them away, even if you’re not home.  This is the first that I have ever heard of this and find it a little unbelievable that anyone would do this.

ole Bob is on one...

robert corbin

Zilker West•

11 hr ago

MY COMMENT to Jonny Mat's post about dogs in restaurants of a day ago:

I hate, on every level, dog culture in this city. I view it as a sign of a society in deep decline .... a society brainwashed by "BIG-DOG" (dog industry) and their fervent dog-worshipping allies. When I was in college, we fought against a perceived unjust Viet-Nam war and against segregation (My dad used to mail money to get ML King out of jail. I had 2 friends who did the "Mississippi summer"). FBI dossier on me from that era was hundreds of pages long (you could get it in early 80s). Now all human activists want to do is save dogs and spend their life savings on them. Their choice and right but then they want to push their albatross onto rest of us everywhere. Even environmentalists have become corrupted by dog culture. To them, treated sewage in a Hill-Country stream is bad but not dog poop in same creek bottoms. I could write pages, fiery ones, ... but it all would likely get deleted.

Bout restaurants. We, excepting certain occasions, quit going. You can eat much healthier at home for a lot less and when I see a dog in one (or even outside one ... like on the patio, or on the patio table (like I saw 80# un-neutered male rubbing its underside about 2 years ago), makes me want to barf. And, I get to pay for this experience and then have them twist my arm with insulting tipping choices offered as a finale (walk-ups are the most insulting / expect a $3 tip for 1 minute of interaction). They can go to ____ or at least go bankrupt. If they allow dogs, just quit going. See if they wake up.

Last report, ~ 6 months ago, staff at leading natural foods Austin dntn store told me a "service dog" (I say 99.9% are phonies) got the squirting diarrhea from chips aisle to exit and entire part of store was closed for deep cleaning and ~ $3000 of chips (every bag of them) thrown in trash. 2 weeks ago in food coop largish dog was smelling hot bar ... and then, at checkout cashier was fawning over the rambunctious obvious not-service dog. A memory to cherish every time I enter coop, with disgust, in future. Another candidate for bankruptcy. Unfortunately, I still must buy groceries, so I have to enter such now-degraded places ... like is every single place in this city.

I love these cranky mofo's just firing off their manifestos into the googletrons. 

On 6/23/2024 at 12:51 AM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I just saw a commercial for a service that Walmart has that will deliver your groceries and come into your house and put them away, even if you’re not home.  This is the first that I have ever heard of this and find it a little unbelievable that anyone would do this.

I also just saw that commercial, but people have been doing this for quite a while with pet sitting/walking services. 

7 hours ago, Blotto said:

ole Bob is on one...

I love these cranky mofo's just firing off their manifestos into the googletrons. 

Dogs which are obviously not service dogs also piss me off. I had a very bad experience with one on a flight from Anchorage.