CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Negged for pretending sensibility while shifting positions and accusing others of irrationality. Also, as of the quoted post, you've failed to answer the question about your likely vote for Trump. I haven't often negged you, but this is a particularly poor performance trying to justify bad policies initiated by bloody handed sociopaths.

My position is sensible imo. The numbers don’t lie. 

When was I asked if I’m going to vote for Trump? Haven’t seen it. 

You neg me just about every time I peek in here. 

You think it’s bad policy to attempt transition to opening economy without widespread testing. I think it’s bad policy to maintain current shelter in place when the threat is clearly diminished. We’re probably not going to change each other’s minds. 

As for more numbers I found this interesting. 

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/04/17/business/nearly-third-200-blood-samples-taken-chelsea-show-exposure-coronavirus/

Nearly a third of people randomly selected in Boston neighborhood had positive antibodies. It was in one of the hardest hit areas, but that’s a huge number. I’m not a statistician so I don’t know if there’s a proper way to text to extrapolate that out to a bigger population, but just for fun I’ll try. 

Let’s just use Boston population to try to get the denominator here. Metro pop is 4.6M according to wiki.  Let’s say the number across Boston pop is well lower than 1/3.  Let’s say 1/10. That’s 460k infections/exposures. Statewide the deaths as of yesterday were 1404. That would put the mortality rate at 0.3%.

I know this is all back of the envelope math, but it’s clear to me that the final mortality rate is going to be well below 1% when all the examinations are done. 

If you were to apply that 0.3% number to my San Antonio example, it makes the case even stronger that the shelter in place order is unnecessary. Both in San Antonio and statewide. 

2 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

If you were to apply that 0.3% number to my San Antonio example, it makes the case even stronger that the shelter in place order is unnecessary. Both in San Antonio and statewide. 

But for that pesky Privileges and Immunities Clause allowing for free travel between states. 

8 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

You think it’s bad policy to attempt transition to opening economy without widespread testing. I think it’s bad policy to maintain current shelter in place when the threat is clearly diminished. We’re probably not going to change each other’s minds. 

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/04/17/business/nearly-third-200-blood-samples-taken-chelsea-show-exposure-coronavirus/

Nearly a third of people randomly selected in Boston neighborhood had positive antibodies. It was in one of the hardest hit areas, but that’s a huge number. I’m not a statistician so I don’t know if there’s a proper way to text to extrapolate that out to a bigger population, but just for fun I’ll try. 

Let’s just use Boston population to try to get the denominator here. Metro pop is 4.6M according to wiki.  Let’s say the number across Boston pop is well lower than 1/3.  Let’s say 1/10. That’s 460k infections/exposures. Statewide the deaths as of yesterday were 1404. That would put the mortality rate at 0.3%.

I know this is all back of the envelope math, but it’s clear to me that the final mortality rate is going to be well below 1% when all the examinations are done. 

And to find out if Texas is similar do you know what we need you stupid fucking jack wagon? TESTING!!!

2 hours ago, elfenix said:

last 3 days testing has been about 160,000.  should hit 4 million tests reported on the 20th or 21st.  mike pence said we'd have 4 million tests by the end of the week back on march 9th.  missed it by 600%. 

4E6F741700000578-0-image-a-7_15320961138

Yes, but the Trumps will be on the beach collecting 20%.

giphy.gif

I didn't answer because it was the kind of nonsense diversion that someone brings up when they have nothing else to offer. 

Ha! You won’t answer the question because even your dense dumb ass knows you’re being intellectually dishonest as fuck.

Poor widdle Trumpkin.

1 minute ago, Bama Chick said:

Ha! You won’t answer the question because even your dense dumb ass knows you’re being intellectually dishonest as fuck.

Poor widdle Trumpkin.

I’m trying to be nice here. You’re using a tactic that’s fairly common when you have no rebuttal to a point. Diversionary comment. 

What’s your beef with the numbers and thought process I outlined?

28 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Untrue, but I won't neg you for it. I don't believe you're a troll or a Russian. You're more of an amateur political operative particularly poor at sophistry. You sincerely believe what I consider to be your misguided ideas to be good somehow. Likely it's a partisan jersey that inspires you, but who knows for sure?

Your retard line was funny, BTW. I can't fully abandon that politically incorrect word; it's funny.

I’m trying to be nice here. You’re using a tactic that’s fairly common when you have no rebuttal to a point. Diversionary comment. 

What’s your beef with the numbers and thought process I outlined?

Oh fuck off with your condescending “I’m trying to be nice”.

I don’t give a fuck if you’re nice, I give a fuck about you spewing stupid bullshit.

Your numbers mean exactly jackshit until we have reliable, wide scale testing. Period.

And everyone knows why you won’t answer my question - the rest of us aren’t morons like you.

Just admit that the garbage you’ve been spewing FOR YEARS about “all life being precious” is political palaver. You don’t think all life is precious - you never have.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

The virus has not spread equally across Boston, much less all of Massachussetts. The random sample was taken from Chelsea, an actual cluster which is still in the early stages of spread. Even a fake doctor like yourself should understand how long the incubation period is for this virus and how long it takes for an initial infection to end in death or recovery.  And a fake doctor should also know that when you are trying to make up bullshit statistics, you shouldn't use a sample set from a single street taken yesterday, a population count from an entire metro area, and a death count from an entire state.

It has taken a month for most people to die from covid if they are going to die from it.

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

You think it’s bad policy to attempt transition to opening economy without widespread testing. I think it’s bad policy to maintain current shelter in place when the threat is clearly diminished. We’re probably not going to change each other’s minds. .......

I’m no fan of some of your posts/believes but I’m going to assume positive about your desire to approach our current problem with a middle ground. 

But wouldn’t the middle ground you’ve kept arguing for... lean closer to reopening the economy once wide spread testing is in place? I mean that way the hyper-local government actions of which you’re an advocate for can better respond and act to take care of its citizens with selective shelter-ins, etc etc.

Maybe we have different risk tolerances. Even with the threat diminished... I would want to ensure that if/when there’s a flare up, that govt and health institutions can respond effectively. And not be in the same shit show that we’ve witnessed up to this point. 

Lastly, I can understand that your reality is different because of the hospital system you work in hasn’t been as hard hit. And it doesn’t match the doom and gloom you think others in this thread have reacted. Your reality is true. But someone like traumababe’s reality is also true. 

I recognize I’m lucky to be able to think/believe this way, but I (collectively) rather suffer for a bit longer so we can ensure that the greater public has as good of a chance as possible to get back to “normal” (relatively speaking... because I’m not suffering with my health or finances). 

Edited by YChang
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, GRHorn said:

Well, well, well

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sunlight-destroys-coronavirus-very-quickly-new-government-tests-find-but-experts-say-pandemic-could-still-last-through-summer-200745675.html

Reveal hidden contents

Preliminary results from government lab experiments show that the coronavirus does not survive long in high temperatures and high humidity, and is quickly destroyed by sunlight, providing evidence from controlled tests of what scientists believed — but had not yet proved — to be true.

A briefing on the preliminary results, marked for official use only and obtained by Yahoo News, offers hope that summertime may offer conditions less hospitable for the virus, though experts caution it will by no means eliminate, or even necessarily decrease, new cases of COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus. The results, however, do add an important piece of knowledge that the White House’s science advisers have been seeking as they scramble to respond to the spreading pandemic. 

The study found that the risk of “transmission from surfaces outdoors is lower during daylight” and under higher temperature and humidity conditions. “Sunlight destroys the virus quickly,” reads the briefing.

While that may provide some good news about the outlook for outdoor activities, the Department of Homeland Security briefing on the results cautions that enclosed areas with low humidity, such as airplane cabins, “may require additional care to minimize risk of transmission.”

In a statement to Yahoo News, the DHS declined to answer questions about the findings and strongly cautioned against drawing any conclusions based on unpublished data.

Photo illustration; Yahoo News; photos: Getty Images

Photo illustration; Yahoo News; photos: Getty Images

“The department is dedicated to the fight against COVID-19, and the health and safety of the American people is its top priority. As policy, the department does not comment on allegedly leaked documents,” the DHS said in a statement. “It would be irresponsible to speculate, draw conclusions, or to inadvertently try to influence the public based upon a document that has not yet been peer-reviewed or subjected to the rigorous scientific validation approach.”

The results are contained in a briefing by the DHS science and technology directorate, which describes experiments conducted by the National Biodefense Analysis and Countermeasures Center, a lab created after the 9/11 terrorist attacks to address biological threats.

While the DHS describes the results as preliminary, they may eventually make their way into specific recommendations. “Outdoor daytime environments are lower risk for transmission,” the briefing states.

Simulated sunlight “rapidly killed the virus in aerosols,” the briefing says, while without that treatment, “no significant loss of virus was detected in 60 minutes.”

The tests were performed on viral particles suspended in saliva. They were done indoors in environments meant to mimic various weather conditions.

While the results of these tests have not been previously made public, Harvey Fineberg, head of the National Academies Standing Committee on Emerging Infectious Diseases and 21st Century Health Threats, broadly described plans to conduct the experiments in an April 7 letter to the White House.

In that letter, addressed to President Trump’s top science adviser Kelvin Droegemeier, Fineberg wrote that the DHS lab “is well suited for the kinds of studies they have planned, and the scope and relevance are noteworthy. In particular, they plan to create simulated infected body fluids, including saliva and lower respiratory secretions.”

Droegemeier’s office did not respond to a request for comment on whether it has received the latest results from the DHS. The National Academies also did not respond to a request for comment.

While the lab results are new, scientists for many weeks have predicted, based on available data on the disease’s spread, that warmer, wetter climates would be less hospitable to the spread of the coronavirus. An early analysis by scientists observed that the virus was spreading more slowly in countries with warmer climates. 

“We are not saying that at higher temperatures, the virus will suddenly go away and everything would be fine and you are going out,” Qasim Bukhari, a computational scientist at MIT and a co-author of the analysis, told Yahoo News in an interview. “No, we are not saying it. We are just seeing that there is a temperature- and humidity-related dependency, but I think many people now have started to realize this.”

Bukhari said that since he and his colleagues published that analysis, the numbers on the coronavirus’s spread continue to support their contention. “They are doing a lot of tests now in India. Also, when you look at the numbers in Pakistan it’s the same. There are more than 5,000 cases in Pakistan right now,” he said. “But the increase is not as rapid as you see in other countries.”

The question of the effects of sunlight and heat on the coronavirus has been particularly fraught, because there has been a tendency to misinterpret the relationship between good weather and disease spread. Early on, some politicians tried to encourage people to go outside, including to beaches, arguing that sunlight would kill the virus. The problem, however, is that without widespread immunity, people can still transmit the coronavirus to others, even in warm weather.

The real question now, Bukhari said, is whether enough people have already been infected that the summer temperatures won’t prevent continued transmission. 

“So let’s say 50 percent of the population is already infected, and then those temperatures arrive and then those humidity levels arrive, then what difference can those temperatures and humidity levels be? Probably none. That’s the thing.”

While the new lab results are important, the science behind how sunlight kills the virus is fairly well established, says Arthur Anderson, former director of the Office of Human Use and Ethics at the United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases at Fort Detrick, Md.

“[Ultraviolet] light breaks DNA into fragments. If the virus is floating around in the air and there’s bright sunlight, the UV component in sunlight will break the DNA or the RNA into pieces,” he told Yahoo News.

Infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci, who has become the leading face of the White House response, has provided cautious statements about what the summer months might mean for the coronavirus, saying recently, “It’s almost certainly going to go down a bit.” He has stopped far short, however, of saying that good weather alone would have an impact.

“Does this give a little more hope about the virus potentially decreasing?” said Dr. Kavita Patel, a Yahoo medical contributor and nonresident fellow at the Brookings Institution. “Yes. I would say even Dr. Fauci has alluded to that.”

Colds and flus don’t disappear in the summer, even if they are less common, Patel noted. “We do have cases of the flu in the summer,” she said. “That’s why all of us in medicine are being a little more guarded.”

The lab’s work was done in a controlled environment, according to the DHS briefing, and tested how long the coronavirus survives on stainless steel in a droplet of saliva from a cough or sneeze under conditions related to temperature, humidity and sunlight. The lab is now doing additional testing, such as experimenting with low-tech techniques for sterilization of protective equipment, which would include using rice cookers, clothes steamers and electric pressure cookers. 

The National Biodefense Analysis and Countermeasures Center, which conducted the experiments, has traditionally kept a low profile because of its classified work on biological warfare defense and bioterrorism. Fineberg, in his letter to the White House, did not go into detail on the planned experiments, noting that the lab shares its findings with the interagency task force on the coronavirus. 

It is unclear for now whether the center intends to publish in a peer-reviewed journal or choose some other route for making its results known. Patel said she could understand government concerns about releasing preliminary results, but in general she leans toward openness.

“As a clinical doctor, we want to learn as fast as possible anything that works clinically. You want to be able in the first line to say: This is preliminary, with caveats. But why hold back the information?” she said.

It may be that the government wants to control how the message is released, she suggested. “I would say in a global pandemic, that’s less of a priority.”

I don't think there was really much doubt that sufficient sunlight would kill it. It is good to have confirmation though.  And, as the article itself points out, the fact that summer might not be an ideal environment for the virus doesn't necessarily mean it'll significantly slow or stop the spread. The virus may eventually become seasonal, but, given  our immunologically naive population, this first outbreak may not be. 

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

The Cloak Room vs. Daily Texan Wars have begun. 

I've tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, but when you "like" a post over there that accuses me of denigrating my country, I can't help but take offense to that. In my post, to which CTJ responded, I stated that we should be "responsible for our own self-defense" and not just "point fingers everywhere else." I stated we should also "take accountability for our own inactions" in response to the threat.

In his response that post, CTJ made the following statements in reference to my post:

• "no one here is cutting themselves in anguish of how terrible the United States is"
  • "we fucking suck as a country and are the dumbest pieces of shit on the planet"
  • "we should be more like the fucking bawlers in Europe or the subverted and submissive in southeast Asia"

That is one example of how bad it's gotten over there. As a presumed libertarian, I would think that you would have also agreed with my post since that's the essence of libertarian political philosophy. I guess it really isn't though as you gleefully supported a post that I take great offense to. I've been here and on the Shag for 10 years now and I challenge you to find a single post where I ever expressed any of those sentiments. It's absolutely shameful, and you supported it and are playing the thread game yourself while pretending you're not.

Almost anything under the sun can be expressed in that thread including wild conspiracy theories and outright false claims that the virus was in the wild in New York City during November, except for criticism of our federal response.

You've shown yourself to be a fucking fraud, Anastasis, and you need to reflect back to the meaning of your user name and reconsider rebooting your belief system. You're not a "both sides" guy; you're a one sided asshole who plays a make-believe game of playing the middle.

You've barely even posted over there but you clearly monitor it since you're handing out internet hearts to vile accusations while pretending to be above it. You're clearly not. Fuck you, man. Seriously, fuck you. I'm pissed, disappointed, and offended by your weasel gaslighting.

• Like 6

As others have pointed out, you have to lock down travel between states or regions and you have to test. You also have to mandate criteria to continue some limited social distancing and come up with gathering number limits to reduce transmission. You keep ignoring that in your suggestion/plan that you advocate. You point to the San Antonio number of people being at a food bank and discount the suggestion of offering food through the government via EBT cards or some other way to keep them from the food lines. Why do you ignore these important points?

What you seem to be saying is it is okay to open without stringent testing and when you notice a spike in cases by people coming to the hospital, then you adjust. Well once that spike happens, it is too late. You have moved the needle to potentially staying under the curve to overwhelming it. Your suggestion makes no sense because of that. You can see that truth in the numbers that already happened in states that have flattened their transmission from 1.4 to .90 people in the case of New York.  I"ll grant you that you can't extrapolate New York numbers to Texas perfectly but that just means testing is all that more important to adjust policy. Your idea of it is okay without testing is daft for that reason, imo.

Edited by burntorangebongos

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

I've tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, but when you "like" a post over there that accuses me of denigrating my country, I can't help but take offense to that. In my post, to which CTJ responded, I stated that we should be "responsible for our own self-defense" and not just "point fingers everywhere else." I stated we should also "take accountability for our own inactions" in response to the threat.

In his response that post, CTJ made the following statements in reference to my post:

• "no one here is cutting themselves in anguish of how terrible the United States is"
  • "we fucking suck as a country and are the dumbest pieces of shit on the planet"
  • "we should be more like the fucking bawlers in Europe or the subverted and submissive in southeast Asia"

That is one example of how bad it's gotten over there. As a presumed libertarian, I would think that you would have also agreed with my post since that's the essence of libertarian political philosophy. I guess it really isn't though as you gleefully supported a post that I take great offense to. I've been here and on the Shag for 10 years now and I challenge you to find a single post where I ever expressed any of those sentiments. It's absolutely shameful, and you supported it and are playing the thread game yourself while pretending you're not.

Almost anything under the sun can be expressed in that thread including wild conspiracy theories and outright false claims that the virus was in the wild in New York City during November, except for criticism of our federal response.

You've shown yourself to be a fucking fraud, Anastasis, and you need to reflect back to the meaning of your user name and reconsider rebooting your belief system. You're not a "both sides" guy; you're a one sided asshole who plays a make-believe game of playing the middle.

You've barely even posted over there but you clearly monitor it since you're handing out internet hearts to vile accusations while pretending to be above it. You're clearly not. Fuck you, man. Seriously, fuck you. I'm pissed, disappointed, and offended by your weasel gaslighting.

Wow.  You are really taking whiney gash to a new level bolverk. 

I repped it for this part: "This is what happens when you pop in and out of a thread this busy and assume you’re the only person seeing it straight. There’s been a ton of discussion about what has been done well or poorly here, down to a city by city level, as well as overseas." 

Rep, serious business.  Especially when you create a delusional fantasy narrative in your own mind around it.

Quite the psychopathology to unpack in you post b. 

• Fuck You 1

35 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Also, consider yourself asked now since you've missed the question before. Perhaps you have the person asking blocked.

Must be Jimmy. He’s the only CR person I have on ignore. 

Probably gonna sit 2020 out altogether. They’re all scumbags. 

34 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Oh fuck off with your condescending “I’m trying to be nice”.

I don’t give a fuck if you’re nice, I give a fuck about you spewing stupid bullshit.

Your numbers mean exactly jackshit until we have reliable, wide scale testing. Period.

And everyone knows why you won’t answer my question - the rest of us aren’t morons like you.

Just admit that the garbage you’ve been spewing FOR YEARS about “all life being precious” is political palaver. You don’t think all life is precious - you never have.

My numbers were going through a hypothetical of full on outbreak impact versus the full on economic impact that we are currently experiencing. People can make their own value judgments. 

This is the only point I’ll make regarding abortion because it’s irrelevant here.

Abortion is a different animal. The direct, willful killing of a fetus is different than the decision to loosen restrictions at the potential risk of some lives being lost. Deep recessions or depressions like the one we’re now facing have high public health costs in their own right. Those need to be balanced against the threat of the disease itself. 

41 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

The virus has not spread equally across Boston, much less all of Massachussetts. The random sample was taken from Chelsea, an actual cluster which is still in the early stages of spread. Even a fake doctor like yourself should understand how long the incubation period is for this virus and how long it takes for an initial infection to end in death or recovery.  And a fake doctor should also know that when you are trying to make up bullshit statistics, you shouldn't use a sample set from a single street taken yesterday, a population count from an entire metro area, and a death count from an entire state.

It has taken a month for most people to die from covid if they are going to die from it.

I understand that and stated I was doing it for fun. There will soon be many more serology data points that we can extrapolate from better. I stand by my prediction that the mortality rate will be well below 1%. 

39 minutes ago, YChang said:

I’m no fan of some of your posts/believes but I’m going to assume positive about your desire to approach our current problem with a middle ground. 

But wouldn’t the middle ground you’ve kept arguing for... lean closer to reopening the economy once wide spread testing is in place? I mean that way the hyper-local government actions of which you’re an advocate for can better respond and act to take care of its citizens with selective shelter-ins, etc etc.

Maybe we have different risk tolerances. Even with the threat diminished... I would want to ensure that if/when there’s a flare up, that govt and health institutions can respond effectively. And not be in the same shit show that we’ve witnessed up to this point. 

Lastly, I can understand that your reality is different because of the hospital system you work in hasn’t been as hard hit. And it doesn’t match the doom and gloom you think others in this thread have reacted. Your reality is true. But someone like traumababe’s reality is also true. 

I recognize I’m lucky to be able to think/believe this way, but I (collectively) rather suffer for a bit longer so we can ensure that the greater public has as good of a chance as possible to get back to “normal” (relatively speaking... because I’m not suffering with my health or finances). 

My basic stance is I think the status quo into May in Texas is draconian and unnecessary. If you advocate that in any way as part of a middle ground, I reject that. 

Institutions I work with are confident they have capacity to handle any flare up. Of course they are motivated by finances, but it is clear here in San Antonio that they have over prepared and COVID has under delivered. 

I appreciate the thoughtfulness of your post. I too can sit around longer, but when I think of 60,000 new visits to our food bank and those people that desperate, it gives me more urgency to have things back to new normal ASAP. 

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Wow.  You are really taking whiney gash to a new level bolverk. 

I repped it for this part: "This is what happens when you pop in and out of a thread this busy and assume you’re the only person seeing it straight. There’s been a ton of discussion about what has been done well or poorly here, down to a city by city level, as well as overseas." 

Rep, serious business.  Especially when you create a delusional fantasy narrative in your own mind around it.

Quite the psychopathology to unpack in you post b. 

You won't even pop in or out of that thread to make a point other than to cheer from the sideline.

Feel free to diagnose me. Give me your thoughts, since you think I'm sick in the head.

gas·light
/ˈɡaslīt/
Learn to pronounce
verb
gerund or present participle: gaslighting
manipulate (someone) by psychological means into questioning their own sanity.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bolverk said:

You won't even pop in or out of that thread to make a point other than to cheer from the sideline.

Feel free to diagnose me. Give me your thoughts, since you think I'm sick in the head.

gas·light
/ˈɡaslīt/
Learn to pronounce
verb
gerund or present participle: gaslighting
manipulate (someone) by psychological means into questioning their own sanity.

You are growing more unstable. Unfortunately this board software does not report posts by user by thread like the old one. I’ve posted lots on that thread. That you seem to think otherwise just further demonstrates the reason I repped that post. 

9 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

He declares it a hoax, but until he was shut down, was selling a "cure" for it:

The dude looks borderline obese so he's definitely giving himself a Darwin award opportunity.  Male Karen on steriods.

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

You are growing more unstable. Unfortunately this board software does not report posts by user by thread like the old one. I’ve posted lots on that thread. That you seem to think otherwise just further demonstrates the reason I repped that post. 

I take great offense to the accusations he made and you supported. Click on the post link I provided and scroll down to see where I was accused of hating the United States. The declaration of another poster's anti-patriotism is what passes for "no politics" over there, and you seem to be okay with and support that. I only take note of it now, because I'm getting caught up on this thread after not reading it yesterday or this morning.

Search sucks, and I may have missed your multiple posts over there. If you have posted recently, say the last week, I don't recall anything but I have closely monitored that thread since the beginning. Other than for a single weekend a couple weeks ago, I think I've read every shitty one of the 700 plus pages.

Go on, doc. Diagnose me.

11 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

oh, and persecutory delusional disorder. 

Being accused of hating one's own country when one has never expressed that is persecutory delusion? Being pissed that a fellow poster who one actually liked in spite of political disagreements has supported that accusation is also persecutory delusion?

I take great offense to the accusations he made and you supported. Click on the post link I provided and scroll down to see where I was accused of hating the United States. The declaration of another poster's anti-patriotism is what passes for "no politics" over there, and you seem to be okay with and support that. I only take note of it now, because I'm getting caught up on this thread after not reading it yesterday or this morning.

Search sucks, and I may have missed your multiple posts over there. If you have posted recently, say the last week, I don't recall anything but I have closely monitored that thread since the beginning. Other than for a single weekend a couple weeks ago, I think I've read every shitty one of the 700 plus pages.

Go on, doc. Diagnose me.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Like 1

Just now, bolverk said:

Go on, doc. Diagnose me.

I've already clearly highlighted the portion of the post that I agreed with.  And you just further demonstrate the reason why. So maybe you can stop lying now, and step back from the delusional narrative you have created in your own mind.   

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

I've already clearly highlighted the portion of the post that I agreed with.  And you just further demonstrate the reason why. So maybe you can stop lying now, and step back from the delusional narrative you have created in your own mind.   

I'm not lying. You supported a declaration that I thought my country was shitty.

Being accused of hating one's own country when one has never expressed that is persecutory delusion? Being pissed that a fellow poster who one actually liked in spite of political disagreements has supported that accusation is also persecutory delusion?

Why don't you go take it up on that thread instead of whining to me about it here.  Once again, I didn't rep that post for an accusation about your affinity for our country.  I repped it for the first part: "This is what happens when you pop in and out of a thread this busy and assume you’re the only person seeing it straight. There’s been a ton of discussion about what has been done well or poorly here, down to a city by city level, as well as overseas."  Your posts here have only demonstrated the truth behind that.  The persecutory delusion is the narrative that you created in your mind about something else entirely. And which you continue to grasp firmly to despite my earlier response.  Fixed delusions can be tough to shake bolverk, but I have faith in you. You are a bit on tilt over a false allegation about your allegiance to our country, not sure why you are lashing out at me.  I do find it humorous though since I don't recall one peep from you when I was being called a traitor to the country and a pathological liar on this board for pointing out hysterical and crazy conspiracy narratives here. Huh, I wonder if I could go back and find any pos reps you dispensed in the midst of those exchanges. Get a grip man.   

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

You are really attached to this delusion. 

I'm not delusional about the accusations and I was clearly wrong for stating you haven't posted over there. Search within the site sucks or I'm incompetent on how to use it. Having just gone with google, I've seen that you've posted plenty of times over there and can now recall seeing your posts, especially those that deal with the count. I sincerely apologize for making that accusation and can admit I was wrong. In my weak defense, I honestly had forgotten those but can remember them now. You were right about having posted over there, and I was wrong. I'm sorry for stating you seldomly posted in that thread. I'll be more careful in the future -- it was human error clouded by anger induced misjudgment.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

You are really attached to this delusion. 

Eh, rep is serious business and all, but if someone posts an accusation that a poster likes to diddle kids, and then adds "man it's a great day outside", I'm probably going to look askance at any poster who pos reps because they like great days.

I'm not delusional about the accusations and I was clearly wrong for stating you haven't posted over there. Search within the site sucks or I'm incompetent on how to use it. Having just gone with google, I've seen that you've posted plenty of times over there and can now recall seeing your posts, especially those that deal with the count. I sincerely apologize for making that accusation and can admit I was wrong. In my weak defense, I honestly had forgotten those but can remember them now. You were right about having posted over there, and I was wrong. I'm sorry for stating you seldomly posted in that thread. I'll be more careful in the future -- it was human error clouded by anger induced misjudgment.

The delusion is the fantasy that you created in your mind that I supported that aspect of the post.  If you really need me to explain something as trivial as a pos rep to you, I am happy to do so.  You don't have to scribe out a long rant where you insult me directly, repeatedly, to get me to engage you and explain any of my positions or even something as trivial as why I click the rep button. I actually paused a bit before I repped that post, because I disagreed with the second part, but I went ahead anyways because the first part was spot on. I understand being upset when somebody baselessly insults your allegiance to our country.  It's happened quite a bit on this board. I never recall you getting as worked up about it before.  I guess it's different when it is directed at you.