Thing$ $till not going well for Joe Rogan, I $ee.

Parliament

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Netflix is promoting a Rogan standup special.   

He was pretty funny as a comic.   He's an idiot for sure, but...

He's an okay comic and a Stern-level podcast host. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

There aren't many people dumber than this fucking idiot and Spotify happily pays him hundreds of millions of dollars. 

Fuck Rogan and fuck Spotify.

Spotify probably makes money on the deal.  How about "fuck my fellow American idiots that listen to this asshole"?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Spotify probably makes money on the deal.  How about "fuck my fellow American idiots that listen to this asshole"?

That's reductive af imo considering the fact that the $70 billion company making big money off a clown peddling demonstrably false information like this has a massive responsibility to the public that the average paying subscriber to Spotify who listens to his podcast simply doesn't have. You know this. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Gourmand said:

That's reductive af imo considering the fact that the $70 billion company making big money off a clown peddling demonstrably false information like this has a massive responsibility to the public that the average paying subscriber to Spotify who listens to his podcast simply doesn't have. You know this. 

Bullshit.  He's showed his ass so many times, that anybody listening should have been smart enough to say "this motherfucker doesn't know shit about fuck" and tune out.  Yet, they keep listening.  

3 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Bullshit.  He's showed his ass so many times, that anybody listening should have been smart enough to say "this motherfucker doesn't know shit about fuck" and tune out.  Yet, they keep listening.  

None of which disproves anything I said about Spotify's responsibility as Rogan's publisher. Stop being obtuse and pedantic. 

• Hook 'Em 2

35 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

There aren't many people dumber than this fucking idiot and Spotify happily pays him hundreds of millions of dollars. 

Fuck Rogan and fuck Spotify.

Rogan is a piece of shit and I think he’s a low key white supremacist. I remember listening to his podcast when I was trapped in my brother’s car and Rogan was laughing about some show where John Mulaney was secretly a Nazi and had a room full of Nazi memorabilia. I remember Rogan saying that some of that Nazi shit was “pretty cool” and he had his own collection too, and the guest was like “why?!?” and Rogan changed gears quickly saying because it was a great historical record of the war. Once Rogan got the Spotify deal they went back and edited it out of his podcast like he never said it. 

And the piece of shit Rogan has been very good friends with Alex Jones for over twenty years and has let him back on the podcast many times even after he was deplatformed from YouTube and Twitter for all the Sandy Hook bullshit. 

I hate to defend the filthy moron but the butthead confused the state of the union with the statement from the oval office (AKA where the conspiracy was that he was dead) and it was indeed prerecorded 2 hours earlier with the watch evidence.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, linux said:

I hate to defend the filthy moron but the butthead confused the state of the union with the statement from the oval office (AKA where the conspiracy was that he was dead) and it was indeed prerecorded 2 hours earlier with the watch evidence.

IMG_1468.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MrBig said:

Rogan is a piece of shit and I think he’s a low key white supremacist. I remember listening to his podcast when I was trapped in my brother’s car and Rogan was laughing about some show where John Mulaney was secretly a Nazi and had a room full of Nazi memorabilia. I remember Rogan saying that some of that Nazi shit was “pretty cool” and he had his own collection too, and the guest was like “why?!?” and Rogan changed gears quickly saying because it was a great historical record of the war. Once Rogan got the Spotify deal they went back and edited it out of his podcast like he never said it. 

And the piece of shit Rogan has been very good friends with Alex Jones for over twenty years and has let him back on the podcast many times even after he was deplatformed from YouTube and Twitter for all the Sandy Hook bullshit. 

I’m no Rogan fan, but I don’t think he’s a white supremacist.  He promotes a shit ton of black artists.

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, linux said:

You must believe everything you see on the internet like Joe Rogan. That picture of the wrong time was clearly a photoshop. This picture shows the right time on his wrist when you zoom in. 

A235F515-F146-44DB-A1D5-331E1FC78858.thumb.jpeg.8be0e3475125d41da888cc1c895e43a4.jpeg
4B15C9BB-B1C1-47FE-9802-89432D7EB128.jpeg.122a62418544a1f7bbd67c905f7926c7.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 4

28 minutes ago, safe sex said:

That means next to nothing

I guess I disagree.  Don’t make me defend this dipshit, but I just don’t see why a white supremacist would routinely give black people a platform.

There are plenty of objectively observable things wrong with Rogan.  Piling unfounded charges of white supremacy derails from the mountain of legitimate criticism IMO.

• Hook 'Em 2

Rogan is the type of racist who doesn’t want to think of himself as racist. He absolutely thinks the race science guys have some good ideas (e.g. that black people are genetically dumber than white people), but he’s not going to come out and openly say he thinks we should bring back slavery or similarly heinous shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, MrBig said:

You must believe everything you see on the internet like Joe Rogan. That picture of the wrong time was clearly a photoshop. This picture shows the right time on his wrist when you zoom in. 

A235F515-F146-44DB-A1D5-331E1FC78858.thumb.jpeg.8be0e3475125d41da888cc1c895e43a4.jpeg
4B15C9BB-B1C1-47FE-9802-89432D7EB128.jpeg.122a62418544a1f7bbd67c905f7926c7.jpeg

I stand corrected but it was always irrelevant.

3 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Er, no, there are stupid people who listen to joe rogan and think he's smart. Joe Rogan depressingly isn't the stupidest person on the planet.

3 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

There are so many posts were you really show that you're from Iowa.

I’m pretty sure the state you’re from has a far more problematic history of race relations.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 4

Just now, Al_4_ISU said:

I’m pretty sure the state you’re from has a far more problematic history of race relations.

I'm not talking about my state, I'm talking about you and your "he has black friends, he can't be racist" dumb ass. The statement was about you and your overt whiteness, moron.

2 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I’m no Rogan fan, but I don’t think he’s a white supremacist.  He promotes a shit ton of black artists.

Black people were never called to entertain white people until the Civil Rights Act.

The Nicholas Brothers, probably the greatest tap dancers in history.

spacer.png

Look, they made it in front of a white audience!

No one promoting black entertainers could ever be a white supremecist!

• Hook 'Em 2

fiance and I watched the special last night. I was curious to see if he had truly taken the deep dive to the right or whether it was schtick. some of both. there were funny moments. there very awkward moments. he did clarify and say he's an entertainer and if you take anything he says as advice then you're regarded (he used the other word). He also said he is trying to understand all the changes going on around him, but acknowledged he's probably not smart enough to get there - which is probably true. he's still kind of a POS but it wasn't horrible. it wasn't great either.

23 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I guess I disagree.  Don’t make me defend this dipshit, but I just don’t see why a white supremacist would routinely give black people a platform.

It's trivially easy to love the dish but hate the chef.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

He also said he is trying to understand all the changes going on around him, but acknowledged he's probably not smart enough to get there - which is probably true. he's still kind of a POS but it wasn't horrible. it wasn't great either.

He knows that he has millions of listeners who adopt the things he and his guests says as their views, and they will use those views to vote for the end of democracy.

How do you think that is not horrible is beyond me.

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

He knows that he has millions of listeners who adopt the things he and his guests says as their views, and they will use those views to vote for the end of democracy.

How do you think that is not horrible is beyond me.

I'm not a fan of JR by any stretch. I have many posts in this thread talking about what a POS he is and how I wished he'd be more careful with what he says - for that very reason. I watched the special and was mildly entertained. That's extent of my defending JR. I mostly watched to see if he would set the record straight on a few things, and he did, to some extent. I don't know how you rectify the free speech aspect of entertainment media and its influence on the dumber of us. We've been dealing with that for decades and still haven't figured out how to quash it. And even if we could, should we? I dunno, I don't have all the answers. 

^that clip kinda sounds like...he's trying to poke fun at deniers and Qanon and including himself?? 🤔

i mean it's kind of...awkward and hard to read. like, what exactly is the 'joke' part? weird, indeed.

53cf21950b0f897d_giphy-10.gif

smile-nope.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mchookem said:

^that clip kinda sounds like...he's trying to poke fun at deniers and Qanon and including himself?? 🤔

i mean it's kind of...awkward and hard to read. like, what exactly is the 'joke' part? weird, indeed.

53cf21950b0f897d_giphy-10.gif

smile-nope.gif

he addressed that very thing - taking clips from his shows and pulling out the context can make him sound like he is saying anything. this is yet another example. ffs it sure feels like I'm defending him, but I'm really trying not to. lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TankedBevo said:

I had to stop listening since he refuses to shut the fuck up about covid/fauci/vaccines while scratching his nuts from the safety of several acres of Austin land. It irks me to no end as the husband of an ICU nurse who worked ground fucking zero in the worst conditions imaginable. Patients lining the hallway floors bc rooms were over capacity. My wife hauling bodies daily down to the morgue. Her having to "disinfect" herself outside before she could ever step inside her home. Being fearful of hugging and kissing your own children after dealing with death and sickness. 

His shtick doesn't play well with me, and this comes from someone who used to listen religiously precovid. I even went to see him live at the American Airlines Center in Dallas back in 2018 and had a hell of a time. His steady decline to right wing conspiracy and refusal have on anyone who might challenge his line of thinking makes it impossible to listen. Probably why he hasn't had Bill Burr on in years, because he absolutely eviscerated Joe's idiot mentality last time he was on. 

Yeah, Burr destroying him during COVID was probably the moment where I decided he was a fucking idiot that was doing more harm than good.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

he addressed that very thing - taking clips from his shows and pulling out the context can make him sound like he is saying anything. this is yet another example. ffs it sure feels like I'm defending him, but I'm really trying not to. lol

She was genuinely asking what does he mean? I don’t know.

But the lame trans joke was just the sideshow the rest was who knows?  Does he believe it, does he not? Is he making fun of people who do, or advocating the truth of it.

look comedians can say whatever they want, but as a type of professional communicator they are not immune from criticism. 

I don’t know what the fuck he’s trying to say, but the vast majority of the evidence suggest he’s a fucking dolt, that has not made the world better - in fact has made it much much worse - as he gets a few laughs and a ton of cash along the way. So fuck him. 

Edited by troph

He talks tough about COVID but I remember seeing a video after he found out he caught it.  Went to his doctor and got prescribed a bunch of meds.  He talks tough but that fucker wasn't brave enough to try and cold plunge it out.

Honestly he's a small step up from Rob Schneider or Roseanne.

• Hook 'Em 2

52 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Yeah, Burr destroying him during COVID was probably the moment where I decided he was a fucking idiot that was doing more harm than good.

Here’s the clip. This made me become a huge fan of Bill Burr and stop thinking he was just another asshole from Boston.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, MrBig said:

Here’s the clip. This made me become a huge fan of Bill Burr and stop thinking he was just another asshole from Boston.

I was a huge Burr fan prior to that and still am.  He laid Rogan’s bullshit bare here

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

^that clip kinda sounds like...he's trying to poke fun at deniers and Qanon and including himself??

53cf21950b0f897d_giphy-10.gif.8480cbf2c0d88c86b1b1432735f655f3.gif
smile-nope.gif.07cd3ea62741565f4a45c1fbea12aa3d.gif

The construction of the joke confused me. He’s one of the people we “lost” because he now thinks Michelle Obama has a dick? wtf