Thing$ $till not going well for Joe Rogan, I $ee.

Parliament

36 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Actually kind of brutal for Trump. Lots of people in the Rogan sphere that will just vote for whoever Rogan says he's voting for.

Not gonna lie, I'd forgive a LOT of Rogan's bullshit if he costs Trump the election.  Hope bearfucker hangs in there til November...

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Drool 1

Just awesome timing. "You know, I wasn't sure who to vote for, but then he told Roseanne about faking a crime scene with a road kill bear."

But yeah, if he pulls some of his listeners away from Trump, then god speed, Joe.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 8/4/2024 at 4:05 PM, Post Oak said:

He talks tough about COVID but I remember seeing a video after he found out he caught it.  Went to his doctor and got prescribed a bunch of meds.  He talks tough but that fucker wasn't brave enough to try and cold plunge it out.

Honestly he's a small step up from Rob Schneider or Roseanne.

Lets not forget one of those drugs was Ivermectin. And then he got pissed when people accused him of taking horse paste and said "No I can afford real doctors. I got a prescription."

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

14 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Lets not forget one of those drugs was Ivermectin. And then he got pissed when people accused him of taking horse paste and said "No I can afford real doctors. I got a prescription."

That's funny.

I had a friend get RX'ed Ivermectin from a doctor and remember being shocked that was a thing. I legit thought all Ivermectin was $10 tubes of horsepaste bought on Amazon.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, bluto said:

It’s all setting up for Trump to stroke a massive check and cabinet position to Kennedy as the October surprise

He’s broke so the check does no good. He’s going to get his ass kicked in the election so no cabinet position either. He has nothing to offer RFKjr. 

• Hook 'Em 1

While it’s fun to mock maga and trump for being broke, all it takes is one check from any dozen of shit heads with 8 to 9 digits to get things back to par. 

• Hook 'Em 3

19 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Could be good for Trump, if Kennedy withdraws and throws his support behind Trump, which is the most likely scenario.

It's bad for Trump if Kennedy stays in until the end.  Kennedy isn't taking a single Harris vote.

• Hook 'Em 3

25 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

He has nothing to offer RFKjr. 

some of Don Jr.'s coke?

i'm just waiting for Trump to lay into Rogan as a phony and a fake.  "I made Joe Rogan.  Nobody knew who he was until I started going to UFC events. Nobody listens to his podcast, whatever that is."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

shocker

Idk how to process Rogan and his Roganites other than they just don’t have enough knowledge / intellectual curiosity or bandwidth to craft a reasoned solution for [insert grievance(s) here] 

I too believe that there’s a problem with industry and regulators of that industry becoming too comfy with one another.

But his conclusions or solutions seem wildly ridiculous and willingness to go from 0 to full blown conspiracy- burn it all down shows a very narrow reasoning ability.

He and his followers seem to take normal life and its problems and turn it into some sort of Greek epic poem with fucking weird monsters and villains and vindictive gods or something. A sort of pre-science / pre-age of reason / preliberalism thinking that could be easily dispelled with some critical thinking or education.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Vegas64 said:

That's funny.

I had a friend get RX'ed Ivermectin from a doctor and remember being shocked that was a thing. I legit thought all Ivermectin was $10 tubes of horsepaste bought on Amazon.

I had to take my mother to the ER after she got COVID and tried to treat it with prescribed ivermectin from a quack. I threw away the shit and absolutely lost my shit on her. She was on deaths bed and survived. Still didn't shake her crazy. She is a full on rfk whack job. She has always been anti vax to the point that I had to get vaxinations I should have recieved as a child when I was in my 20s. I send her every video I can that debunks the crazy but it won't change her views. She told me the other day rfk is her dream candidate. It is infuriating. I am just doing my best to keep her crazy ass alive bc aside from the anti vax, she is a wonderful person and great grandmother. It is just brutal when she goes into her rants every now and again and I have to be mean and tell her to shut the fuck up. Shouldn't have to act that way towards your damn mother but we are here.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 6
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

It's bad for Trump if Kennedy stays in until the end.  Kennedy isn't taking a single Harris vote.

I mean, that's literally what I implied.  It all depends on whether Kennedy stays in or not.

• Hook 'Em 1

I  would guess the chances of RFK Jr staying in all the way to the end are less than 3%. He's not even trying and his VP candidate hasnt done a fucking thing. He'll get a fat  check from Musk, Theil and the boys as they will be desperate for any votes. The longer he stays  in the better his payoff.

This is how you deal with the Trump supporters that are still in your life.  You treat them like an asteroid that is about to hit the Earth.  You don't have to stop the asteroid; you just have t deflect it a fraction of a degree.  

"Did you hear that Rogan in supporting RFK Jr.?  I mean, I guess it makes sense since RFK Jr. makes some good points about the Covid vaccine, and Trump was the one who got the vaccine fast-tracked and everything."

Seriously--if we could get RFK Jr.'s vote in Texas up to 10%, Kamala's winning this fucking state.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I  would guess the chances of RFK Jr staying in all the way to the end are less than 3%. He's not even trying and his VP candidate hasnt done a fucking thing. He'll get a fat  check from Musk, Theil and the boys as they will be desperate for any votes. The longer he stays  in the better his payoff.

He just made the ballot in Texas. 

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

He just made the ballot in Texas. 

Its part of the grift. he's polling in the low single  digits. He knows he cant win, he knows he's fucking Trump by staying in, and he knows there  is some BIG money backing Trump that desperately wants him out of the race. I guess they  could see to it that he has an "accident", but its probably easier to stroke a check. He's 70 so its not like he building a brand for a run in 28. I think he bails, we'll see.

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Blotto said:

My guess is that he negotiated a lump sum with a stipulation that he has to meet certain criteria and not specified rate

39 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Its part of the grift. he's polling in the low single  digits. He knows he cant win, he knows he's fucking Trump by staying in, and he knows there  is some BIG money backing Trump that desperately wants him out of the race. I guess they  could see to it that he has an "accident", but its probably easier to stroke a check. He's 70 so its not like he building a brand for a run in 28. I think he bails, we'll see.

At some point, he can’t be removed from ballots just because he dropped out 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

At some point, he can’t be removed from ballots just because he dropped out 

Sure but if he announces to his meager base that they are best served voting for Trump, the majority  will. 

Was chatting with my cousin-in -law at a gathering in the East Bay. He was always a cool, progressive guy.  College degree, teaches, volunteers, coaches swim in his spare time.

He has gotten so angry.  Went on several rants; especially Cali politics. Then asked if I liked Joe Rogan and gushed about how big a fan he was.

I kind of softly said that I was concerned that Rogan gives way too much platform to absolute kooks; but does have interesting guest.  Then I said I was up in the corn hole tournament and dipped out.

There is no talking to these wackos.  He unlocks "secret information" and "seeks knowledge".  The problem is Neil Tyson Degrasse and a crazy lunatic get equal "no way; wow!" enthusiasm from this human thumb that has gotten kicked in the head a few to many times.

The dude that got paid to make people do gross shit whilst stoned to the bone is a leading influencer of thought and policy for a lot of people. It's fucked.

My trim guy too. Total stoner, super progressive, married to a total hippie chick and was literally a student in High School student of Walz back in Minnesota. Has a lot of questions about Harris/ both sides/ trust Rogans opinion.

Wtf

• Rage+1 3

Trump takes another hit. There goes Aaron Rodgers’ vote. 

Who am I kidding, Rodgers is RFK all the way baby. Rich, completely disconnected from reality, and endlessly enamored with one’s own addled genius is wheelhouse for both. Surely Rogan’s support clinches it.

Edited by Degenerate Gardner
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

Sure but if he announces to his meager base that they are best served voting for Trump, the majority  will. 

His base are backing him because he's not the Epstein-loving libtard that created the VAXXINE!!!  OPEN YOUR EYES SHEEPLE!

A lot of Qanon latched on to him, because they had bailed on Trump for not arresting Hillary and stuff, and they aren't going to back to Trump.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, bluto said:

It’s all setting up for Trump to stroke a massive check and cabinet position to Kennedy as the October surprise

I don't think Trump would get many RFK followers (think of Nader/Gore) and if RFK was truly about siphoning away from Biden/Harris, then it would be a wash.

4 hours ago, G650 said:

Rogan is doing this because he would much rather have Harris win, but can't let his fans know that

That or he knows Trump will lose and doesn't want to be associated with the MAGA meltdown.  Or both.

Maybe RFK is making a savvy long play to cement his legacy.  By going full nut job, he sucks votes away from Trump, gives Harris the W, and meaningfully helps the Democrats win an election.

He was never going to be President on his own, but he has a very real opportunity effect the outcome.

Trump offered to go on Rogan's podcast and Joe said no he doesn't want to platform him. 

The way Los Angeles handled covid with all the lockdowns definitely got him off team blue though. 

Didn't he say he voted for Kanye West last election? Pretty sure he just votes 3rd party ever since Trump came into the picture.

13 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Trump offered to go on Rogan's podcast and Joe said no he doesn't want to platform him. 

The way Los Angeles handled covid with all the lockdowns definitely got him off team blue though. 

Didn't he say he voted for Kanye West last election? Pretty sure he just votes 3rd party ever since Trump came into the picture.

Nah.  The lucrative nature of pandering to the right got him off team blue.  If he was ever on it to begin with.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Ironically, at the very beginning of the pandemic, Rogan had Dr. Michael Osterholm (Director of CIDRAP) as his guest, who ended up as a solid voice of reason and best practices during the whole thing.

Even more ironic was that my wife sent me the link to that specific podcast.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Mittens said:

This is a guy who is in dire need of taking a long walk off a short pier into chum filled water. This idiot allowing a conspiracy brain addled con man on his show named Billy Carson was a big reason I cut ties in a friendship I had for 20 plus years recently. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Rogan had Peter Thiel the right wing billionaire on this week. Haven't listened but Thiel has always creeped me out.

1. Creating facial recognition software for the surveillance state. Ties to the CIA and NSA.

2. Funded JD Vance's career and funds a lot of right wing podcasts and politicians. 

3. Put Gawker out of business after they outed him as gay.

4. Longtime ex boyfriend randomly turns up dead.

5. Ties to Jeffrey Epstein

6. May inject young boys blood to keep young. 

7. Doesn't believe in democracy. Thinks corporations should run the USA.

8. Has a touch of the tism which makes him hard to listen to.

Edited by Loch Ness Monster
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 8/8/2024 at 4:37 PM, HOOKEM4 said:

I had to take my mother to the ER after she got COVID and tried to treat it with prescribed ivermectin from a quack. I threw away the shit and absolutely lost my shit on her. She was on deaths bed and survived. Still didn't shake her crazy. She is a full on rfk whack job. She has always been anti vax to the point that I had to get vaxinations I should have recieved as a child when I was in my 20s. I send her every video I can that debunks the crazy but it won't change her views. She told me the other day rfk is her dream candidate. It is infuriating. I am just doing my best to keep her crazy ass alive bc aside from the anti vax, she is a wonderful person and great grandmother. It is just brutal when she goes into her rants every now and again and I have to be mean and tell her to shut the fuck up. Shouldn't have to act that way towards your damn mother but we are here.

I’m sorry Hook.  You’re a really devoted and loving to do that. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Rogan had Peter Thiel the right wing billionaire on this week. Haven't listened but Thiel has always creeped me out.

1. Creating facial recognition software for the surveillance state. Ties to the CIA and NSA.

2. Funded JD Vance's career and funds a lot of right wing podcasts and politicians. 

3. Put Gawker out of business after they outed him as gay. 

4. Longtime ex boyfriend randomly turns up dead.

5. Ties to Jeffrey Epstein

6. May inject young boys blood to keep young. 

7. Doesn't believe in democracy. Thinks corporations should run the USA.

8. Has a touch of the tism which makes him hard to listen to.

He funded Hulk Hogan's lawsuit over the sex tape with the wife of "Bubba the Love Sponge".   THAT put Gawker out of business, and Affleck and Damon are making a movie about it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

He funded Hulk Hogan's lawsuit over the sex tape with the wife of "Bubba the Love Sponge".   THAT put Gawker out of business, and Affleck and Damon are making a movie about it. 

I hate everything about this paragraph.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3