Thing$ $till not going well for Joe Rogan, I $ee.

Parliament

10 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I hate everything about this paragraph.

Yeah...I've got a couple of really close friends...guys that I would literally give a kidney.  I'm not letting them fuck my wife. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Mittens said:

this clip has layer upon layer of BS to weed through. its no wonder people live in a fucking made up world "just imagining being ok with it" as the cherry on top of a completely false and deceptive position. 

I swear I'm done with this guy but the Youtube algo pushes a show on me and I watch it and I get mad.  Just can't stop myself.  Well if I'm gonna suffer so are you.

Guest seems like an OK guy.  Studies censorship in Brazil.  Rogan pivots to the vax, only to have his guest day, "I'm not an expert.  I don't know."  No problem there; Rogan has a blank canvas to throw poop at.    Thirty minutes in and he's trying to understand statistics.  "How can they say the vax saves lives when 80% of America took it?"  Guest tries to straighten him out on basic statistics, fails, and just starts agreeing with him.  Mistake.  Rogan tries to convince him the Polio vax did more harm than good.   Guest just kinda nods.  

I hear some media types wondering why Trump or Harris haven't gone on Rogan yet since they're both pivoting to as many top (defined by listeners) podcasts as possible.

I don't see Rogan having either on his show. Sure that 1 or 2 episodes will be huge but too risky for Rogan to bring them on. The majority of his audience doesn't want to hear any criticism or fact checking of Trump, and they would want to see Rogan attack Harris to her face. Which he wouldn't do. 

11 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I hear some media types wondering why Trump or Harris haven't gone on Rogan yet since they're both pivoting to as many top (defined by listeners) podcasts as possible.

I don't see Rogan having either on his show. Sure that 1 or 2 episodes will be huge but too risky for Rogan to bring them on. The majority of his audience doesn't want to hear any criticism or fact checking of Trump, and they would want to see Rogan attack Harris to her face. Which he wouldn't do. 

It's wild to think there's almost zero upside for Rogan to interview the sitting Vice President and Presidential nominee. His audience would absolutely skewer him for doing his usual non confrontational, agree with most of what the guest is saying style. Weird how that works.

On 10/10/2024 at 10:25 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

On 10/10/2024 at 10:40 AM, aggie08 said:

It's wild to think there's almost zero upside for Rogan to interview the sitting Vice President and Presidential nominee. His audience would absolutely skewer him for doing his usual non confrontational, agree with most of what the guest is saying style. Weird how that works.

Not so fast!

Democratic presidential nominee Kamala Harris could sit down with popular podcaster Joe Rogan for an interview in the final stretch of the U.S. presidential campaign, three sources with knowledge of the matter said on Monday.

Harris campaign officials met with Rogan's team this week but an appearance has not been confirmed yet, two of the sources said.

https://gazette.com/news/us-world/exclusive-kamala-harris-could-join-podcaster-joe-rogan-for-an-interview---sources/article_b942207b-2bca-5388-b8d5-7db1d0037f9c.html

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2024 at 9:41 PM, Parliament said:

Not so fast!

Democratic presidential nominee Kamala Harris could sit down with popular podcaster Joe Rogan for an interview in the final stretch of the U.S. presidential campaign, three sources with knowledge of the matter said on Monday.

Harris campaign officials met with Rogan's team this week but an appearance has not been confirmed yet, two of the sources said.

https://gazette.com/news/us-world/exclusive-kamala-harris-could-join-podcaster-joe-rogan-for-an-interview---sources/article_b942207b-2bca-5388-b8d5-7db1d0037f9c.html

Donald Trump has been criticized for canceling a series of campaign events so close to the election. But he’s making time for a potentially buzzy appearance: an interview with Joe Rogan, the podcasting star.

It’s the latest sign that both he and Vice President Kamala Harris are adapting to the changing media landscape, where a new generation of podcasters attract the kind of voters the candidates need to reach.

Both Trump and Harris have reportedly sought out Rogan. It’s not hard to see why: “The Joe Rogan Experience” has 14.5 million followers on Spotify alone, and at least as many on Instagram and YouTube. About 80 percent of listeners are believed to be male, and roughly half are under 35. That’s a highly coveted demographic.

Harris’s campaign is said to have been in talks to appear on Rogan’s show as well, though it’s unclear whether she has secured a spot.

Rogan himself has criticized both the Democratic and Republican candidates. He said two years ago that he wouldn’t have Trump on his show, and has criticized Harris. (That said, last month Rogan marveled at “the amazing job” her campaign had done after President Biden dropped out.)

The flaw in the system is people who are trying to get elected to run the government having to get millions of people who have zero idea what a government is even supposed to do to vote for them. 

There is no fix for democracy once the electorate is too ignorant to even know what government is supposed to be. It's a spiral downward into the abyss. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

The flaw in the system is people who are trying to get elected to run the government having to get millions of people who have zero idea what a government is even supposed to do to vote for them. 
There is no fix for democracy once the electorate is too ignorant to even know what government is supposed to be. It's a spiral downward into the abyss. 

Yep. “Here you go. Go talk to people who think the president has a magic ‘make gas prices and inflation go up/down’ button, and get them to vote for you.”
The messaging has to be so dumbed down as to be false, which gives Dotard a huge advantage. “I’ll do it all, bigly, like nobody’s ever seen before!” “Well, he’s got MY vote!”