Casting - Hits and Misses

RollLeft

2 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

See the movie? It was pretty good. And Chalamet acted his ass off. Who do you want? Ray Stevenson?

Cilian murphy or even robert patterson would look more along peoples expectation of a 30 year old king at the battle of agincourt.  Chalamet looks like he hasnt hit puberty. 

Cilian murphy or even robert patterson would look more along peoples expectation of a 30 year old king at the battle of agincourt.  Chalamet looks like he hasnt hit puberty. 

45-year old Cillian Murphy?

The production featured baby-men as Hotspur (inaccurate) and Prince Thomas. It was not historically accurate to say the least but casting was phenomenal and purposeful.

You want historical accuracy in an era where record-keeping itself was suspect? watch Lucy Worsley’s PBS specials or read a book.

29 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

You want historical accuracy in an era where record-keeping itself was suspect? watch Lucy Worsley’s PBS specials or read a book.

Uhhh, im just saying a whispy looking boy is a visually poor fit for portraying a warmongering king, in the way liam neeson looks ridiculous playing action heros 1 movie after another. 

you can keep the lucy worsley specials. 

• 1 month later...

Pretty cool.  Got his man on a lot of it.

some interesting stuff: Robin Wright as Mia would be cool.  Typically angelic lady playing druggie mob wife.

Matt Dillon probably would have been great as Butch. 

Larry Fishburn as Jules would have been a totally different movie.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Yeah, Crudup's performance as Russell Hammond in AF is unquestionably the best work he's ever done and almost certainly due to the strength of Cameron Crowe's writing. AF certainly would have been a bigger hit at the time had Brad Pitt taken the role, but I don't think he would have made a better Russell (other than the "I am a golden god" line make more sense in the acid trip scene).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Just watched Mission Impossible 3 

miss. 

image.jpeg.bd27f937bce9e17bffeec62d46bfbc3d.jpeg

Almost Famous is one of my favorite movies which makes me predisposed to like Billy Crudup. But I realized I don’t really like him in any other role he’s played. This one did him no favors because his makeup was really bad too.    

I thought he was great in Watchmen

• Hook 'Em 1

Just watched Mission Impossible 3 
miss. 

image.jpeg.bd27f937bce9e17bffeec62d46bfbc3d.jpeg

Almost Famous is one of my favorite movies which makes me predisposed to like Billy Crudup. But I realized I don’t really like him in any other role he’s played. This one did him no favors because his makeup was really bad too.    

He was great in it. Think it was his first role as a villain. Very smarmy.

He nailed Watchmen. And was actually good as the kinky sex neighbor in The Watch.

On 11/17/2022 at 7:23 AM, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Pretty cool.  Got his man on a lot of it.

some interesting stuff: Robin Wright as Mia would be cool.  Typically angelic lady playing druggie mob wife.

Matt Dillon probably would have been great as Butch. 

Larry Fishburn as Jules would have been a totally different movie.  

Sean Penn would have been great as Butch. 

I'm sure already mentioned.

Hits:

Sean Connery as James Bond

Peter Falk as Columbo

Rod Steiger as the Police Chief - In the Heat of the Night. Actually that movie was great overall casting. 

Ralph Fiennes as Amon Göth in Schindler's List

• Like 1

On 8/18/2024 at 4:03 PM, Dbeasy said:

We flipped past Star Wars: The Force Awakens this morning. 

image.jpeg.a710ed988d3f0b7bf0b63ed21a7240d9.jpeg

Miss….Miss….Miss

And while we are at it, Star Wars…

image.thumb.jpeg.3bf48d84256f45bcac9797d317dc383e.jpeg

MISS!

Lol wut. 

Oscar Isaac hasn't been a miss one time in his career. 

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

I think he was joking.  The casting was the best part of the trilogy.  

I just didn't think Ridley, Boyega and Isaac were at all the problem with the sequels. In fact I thought they helped make TFA a decent flick. There wasn't any saving 8 and 9. 

• Like 1

Just watched for the first time a movie probably nobody has seen or maybe only seen once: Popeye (1980).

Shelley Duvall - Perfect spot on casting for Olive Oyl. It's creepy how perfect it is.

Robin Williams - Popeye. I truly can't decide if it was also perfect casting or if it was horrible.

I wonder if it was just truly impossible to cast Popeye. But then I saw The Rock is going to play Popeye in a reboot next year.

Edited by MinerProphet
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 8/23/2024 at 3:14 PM, idigTexas said:

I didn't know Jesse had a twin brother.

Oops...you know who I mean tho.

On 8/23/2024 at 3:07 PM, MinerProphet said:

Just watched for the first time a movie probably nobody has seen or maybe only seen once: Popeye (1980).

Shelley Duvall - Perfect spot on casting for Olive Oyl. It's creepy how perfect it is.

Robin Williams - Popeye. I truly can't decide if it was also perfect casting or if it was horrible.

I wonder if it was just truly impossible to cast Popeye. But then I saw The Rock is going to play Popeye in a reboot next year.

Popeye is the only movie I ever walked out on. Just shitty all the way around to me.

3 hours ago, Nole-4-Life said:

Oops...you know who I mean tho.

Popeye is the only movie I ever walked out on. Just shitty all the way around to me.

I mean, it was very weird. I thought it was interesting and risky to try and make it a musical and to try and stay somewhat true to the comic book character. But my wife thought it was horrible and questioned why we didn't cut it off halfway through.

This was Robin Williams breaking his pigeonholing before 1 hour photo, which is widely seen as his first departure from comedy wholesomeness, and I am wondering if he was a relative unknown in 1980 as it was only his second movie appearance after his debut in 1977.

Edited by MinerProphet

17 minutes ago, MinerProphet said:

This was Robin Williams breaking his pigeonholing before 1 hour photo, which is widely seen as his first departure from comedy wholesomeness, and I am wondering if he was a relative unknown in 1980 as it was only his second movie appearance after his debut in 1977.

Popeye was in 1980.  One Hour Photo was in 2002.

In between was World According to Garp, Good Morning Vietnam, Dead Poets Society, Awakenings, Good Will Hunting, What Dreams May Come.... and about 10 more departures from comedy wholesomeness.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I mean, it was very weird. I thought it was interesting and risky to try and make it a musical and to try and stay somewhat true to the comic book character. But my wife thought it was horrible and questioned why we didn't cut it off halfway through.

Are you an AI? We dont serve your kind here
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, MinerProphet said:

giphy.gif

On 11/17/2022 at 7:23 AM, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

No list for Trudy?

Which one's Trudy?  The one with all the shit in her face?

No, that's Jody.  Jody's my wife.

• Haha 1