What do you order at Whataburger?

Topper13

19 hours ago, SurlyGator said:

Had WB yesterday here in in TN.  Ordered on the app.  Free medium onion rings, #2 combo.  Placed the order a couple of miles from the restaraunt.  App said it would be ready (ASAP option) between 12:48-12:50.  Got there around 12:46. Not busy, no line waiting to order.  What time did they hand me my bag?  12:58.

I really want to support them, but those Chicagoans are really making it hard.

It was like that before Chicago. 

On 10/18/2024 at 7:49 PM, SurlyGator said:

Had WB yesterday here in in TN.  Ordered on the app.  Free medium onion rings, #2 combo.  Placed the order a couple of miles from the restaraunt.  App said it would be ready (ASAP option) between 12:48-12:50.  Got there around 12:46. Not busy, no line waiting to order.  What time did they hand me my bag?  12:58.

I really want to support them, but those Chicagoans are really making it hard.

I've had nothing but bad experiences ordering for in store pickup at any WB. But the curbside version has been awesome. Always pick curbside over in store.

38 minutes ago, NoName said:

I've had nothing but bad experiences ordering for in store pickup at any WB. But the curbside version has been awesome. Always pick curbside over in store.

The WB by my house won't do curbside if its dark out, and locks the doors if its dark out so you can't go inside. They force you to use the drive-thru.

joe-pesci-lethal-weapon.gif

35 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

my local WB's curbside is a joke with their wait times

This is precisely why I tried in-store pick-up.  I assumed they were slammed, short staffed, or both, and that was causing the delays.  It appears the issue is they are just insanely slow in food prep for a “fast food” restaurant.  If they would adjust the expected ready time on the app there would be a lot less to complain about.

In-store pickup allows me to get my drink while I wait, make it the way I like it, and if they take too long top the drink off before leaving.  Slightly better than just sitting there getting more and more frustrated in my parking space.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SurlyGator said:

It appears the issue is they are just insanely slow in food prep for a “fast food” restaurant.

it’s only slow because they’re cooking and preparing everything fresh so your burger is always hot and the fries are always crispy. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, futureman said:

it’s only slow because they’re cooking and preparing everything fresh so your burger is always hot and the fries are always crispy. 

If that were the only issue, one would think they would have a firm enough grasp on their prep times to give a more accurate estimate on the app.