Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

Have to say I am somewhat impressed/skeptical by this - DFV's prior Reddit post was 4/16/2021 and the snapshot of is account had a total market value of $34.3 million, now just over 3 years late the total is $210.6 million while increasing his shares held from 200,000 to 5,000,000.  That truly is quit a run.

15 hours ago, Anastasis said:

53k to 1B

If this dude is legit rolling all his own money, he is a god and I hope that he breaks the market for lulz if that is his endgame. 

He’s having a pretty tough day today 

IMG_7489.png

41 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

He’s having a pretty tough day today 

IMG_7489.png

I pulled up his livestream towards the end of it, and the dude was just rambling on about nothing, sounded like an idiot,tbh. He had his portfolio up showing a daily loss of like $250M (price was around 31 at the time), and that loss is calculated against yesterdays closing price. Its twice as bad if you consider the after hours high. That's  like a half a billion swing in 12 hours, and the dude was drinking  beer on stream laughing it off. Dude has some big fucking balls, I'll give him that. Those options he's holding are what swing the value the most. the Jun 21 expiry leadup will be interesting. 

8 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I pulled up his livestream towards the end of it, and the dude was just rambling on about nothing, sounded like an idiot,tbh. He had his portfolio up showing a daily loss of like $250M (price was around 31 at the time), and that loss is calculated against yesterdays closing price. Its twice as bad if you consider the after hours high. That's  like a half a billion swing in 12 hours, and the dude was drinking  beer on stream laughing it off. Dude has some big fucking balls, I'll give him that. Those options he's holding are what swing the value the most. the Jun 21 expiry leadup will be interesting. 

Dude is turbofucked.  You can bet the likes of BlackRock and Goldman will make sure those options expire worthless even if they have to take a puppynuts loss.   

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Dude is turbofucked.  You can bet the likes of BlackRock and Goldman will make sure those options expire worthless even if they have to take a puppynuts loss.   

TBH, I doubt blockrock and goldman will have to do much, because GME is doing the work for them. The entire premise of the GME play is a short  squeeze of some sort, because the underlying business is complete f'n dogshit ( revs down 30% yoy this qtr). And GME is selling another 75M shares on top of the  45M shares they  sold last month. Too sketchy to take a position in, however.

TBH, I doubt blockrock and goldman will have to do much, because GME is doing the work for them. The entire premise of the GME play is a short  squeeze of some sort, because the underlying business is complete f'n dogshit ( revs down 30% yoy this qtr). And GME is selling another 75M shares on top of the  45M shares they  sold last month. Too sketchy to take a position in, however.

Oh no doubt. The short sellers 4 years ago weren’t wrong about GME.  It was a functionally bankrupt company.  Now, the shorts did get way too greedy. Why continue holding a short position in a stock that was trading at 4?   

the infinite gamma squeeze was a mathematical function on market disequilibrium.  But the company is not worth investing in.  

On 6/7/2024 at 1:21 PM, Blotto said:

Dude has some big fucking balls, I'll give him that.

On 6/7/2024 at 2:11 PM, Anastasis said:

Imagine being down $200MM on the day. And still not sweating it. Dude is a sociopath. 

I’ve seen the argument on twitter that he must know something or have another card up his sleeve. How else would you be so calm down massive amounts? Seems like even a full on sociopath Degen would have more emotion. He seemed more excited when it was down or halted. 

28 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

This bet is looking very, very solid.

With GERN’s blood cancer drug, Imetelstat, being approved last Thursday night by the FDA for the indication of MDS requiring transfusion, GERN’s growth via a BP partnership and/or buyout are the paths from here.  

10 hours ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

he needs to rebillionize, since he has 0 billion.

On 6/10/2024 at 11:06 AM, Indomitable said:

I’ve seen the argument on twitter that he must know something or have another card up his sleeve. How else would you be so calm down massive amounts? Seems like even a full on sociopath Degen would have more emotion. He seemed more excited when it was down or halted. 

DFV/Roaring Kitty was undercut by GME, as they sold $2+ billion in an equity offering this week of 75 million shares. That alone should tell people that Gill does not have inside information, or he certainly would have sold some of those options before they cratered (then again maybe not he is a hodl guy)

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/06/12/gamestop-raises-more-than-2-billion-by-selling-75-million-shares-capitalizing-on-meme-frenzy.html

• Hook 'Em 1

GME execs have to love all these smooth brained retail investors who keep giving them billions to keep the charade going for another couple of years. But not as much as the market makers, who get to keep selling options to these morons as they wait for the massive squeeze that will destroy the evil hedge funds and prove they were right all along. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

GME execs have to love all these smooth brained retail investors who keep giving them billions to keep the charade going for another couple of years. But not as much as the market makers, who get to keep selling options to these morons as they wait for the massive squeeze that will destroy the evil hedge funds and prove they were right all along. 

Some of the best advice I ever got was from a commercial banker who I became friends with; he shared an article with me that explained how the market/individual stock can be wrong for longer than you can be against it. That if you sell short, or are playing options both of those are expensive and time sensitive, and the cost can eat you up before there is a correction OR there can be an event that changes things and the market is no longer wrong.

This banker was a guy met after seeing a bond offering evaporate a previous employer because of timing. We had the offering documents done and the road show was supposed start, as my boss was in NY to go over the presentation with the firms promoting the offering. He came back from NY 2 days later when they told him that there were no buyers for debt offerings. 

• Like 1

Ok saw another entertaining theory. He’s going to just exercise the calls as long as they stay above the strike price of $20. When options writers have to find the shares to deliver, it blasts price sharply higher making all his degenerate followers lots of money. He will make less money than if he just sold the calls, but he likely becomes one of the biggest shareholders of GME and becomes more of a folk hero. Would be an interesting outcome for sure. 

7 hours ago, Indomitable said:

Ok saw another entertaining theory. He’s going to just exercise the calls as long as they stay above the strike price of $20. When options writers have to find the shares to deliver, it blasts price sharply higher making all his degenerate followers lots of money. He will make less money than if he just sold the calls, but he likely becomes one of the biggest shareholders of GME and becomes more of a folk hero. Would be an interesting outcome for sure. 

Only around 21% short now though. I would think it would be easy to find plenty of shares.

7 hours ago, Indomitable said:

Ok saw another entertaining theory. He’s going to just exercise the calls as long as they stay above the strike price of $20

Does he have enough $$$ to exercise 120,000 options? That’s $240M. 

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

Does he have enough $$$ to exercise 120,000 options? That’s $240M. 

36 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

No.  

Not even close - because if he sells his core holdings it will trigger capital gains taxes on the shares he has acquired. He is sitting on a winning lottery ticket, but the tax man cometh.

56 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Not even close - because if he sells his core holdings it will trigger capital gains taxes on the shares he has acquired. He is sitting on a winning lottery ticket, but the tax man cometh.

And no broker in their right mind is gonna give him a full SBLOC on that position.  Even that would only be 30% of the needed capital.  

10 hours ago, Indomitable said:

If he exercised his full allotment of calls he would receive 12M shares. GME just dumped 75M shares on to the market this week. And that's in addition to the 45M they sold last month.  So in total, GME has dumped 120M shares into the market completely ass-blasting the MOASS wet dream. And unless he has a sugar daddy, he doesnt have anywhere close to the cash to exercise all 120K contracts. 

• Haha 1

If he exercised his full allotment of calls he would receive 12M shares. GME just dumped 75M shares on to the market this week. And that's in addition to the 45M they sold last month.  So in total, GME has dumped 120M shares into the market completely ass-blasting the MOASS wet dream. And unless he has a sugar daddy, he doesnt have anywhere close to the cash to exercise all 120K contracts. 

I am not sure what his goal is - I mean he has already made enough to fuck around - but I'm not sure why he isn't selling some of those options when it was up in the $40's, $50's or $60's. Buy and hold is nice, but GME will struggle to not be the next Blockbuster, Radio Shack, etc. It was a fun business for a number of years but it isn't really a growth opportunity or next level technology. 
Good luck to Roaring Kitty, but don't make it about you or the shorts you think you can punish; all those shares can go back to low single digit $ trading. And your pack of apes will beat their chest and "celebrate" with you if you ride it back down. He does have a big cash balance, but don't push all your chips into the pot of a game that can be changed by outsiders.

Posted (edited)

he probs sold half of the calls between yesterday and today. 5K chunks of the Jun 20 Calls went off in the final 30 minutes yesterday and then again today during the Shareholder Meeting delay

Open Interest decreased by ~58,000 contracts from yesterday to today as well

Edited by nolongerU2horn

Posted (edited)

so I looked at the open interest in the June 21expiry GME options - and of course there is one strike that really sticks out
now I want to know who has the counterpoint puts, because it is hard to believe someone was writing options on 12 million shares
no way those 39,000 puts are retail traders

Screenshot 2024-06-13 120009.png

Edited by Wally Fairway

Posted (edited)

Between these 2 developments, I'm hoping good things are still to come for UUUU:

U.S. Senate passes bill to support advanced nuclear energy deployment

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/us-senate-passes-bill-support-advanced-nuclear-energy-deployment-2024-06-19/

Energy Fuels (UUUU) Appoints Director to Grow REE Business

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/energy-fuels-uuuu-appoints-director-151100541.html

Energy Fuels Inc. UUUU announced that it appointed Debra Bennethum to the Energy Fuels Management Team as director of Critical Minerals & Strategic Supply Chain , who is expected to focus on growing its rare earth elements (REE) business. The company announced last week that it achieved commercial production of “on spec” separated rare earth elements at its wholly-owned White Mesa Mill in Utah.

Energy Fuels' new "Phase 1" REE separation circuit can generate around 850-1,000 metric tons of separated neodymium-praseodymium ("NdPr") per year, making it one of the world's largest commercial REE separation circuits, with the exception of China. The integration of REE separation technologies has had no effect on the mill's uranium production capacity, with a uranium processing campaign scheduled for the third quarter of 2024.

In the second quarter of 2024, UUUU expects to produce 25-35 tons of on-spec, separated NdPr.

Following the NdPr production, Energy Fuels will concentrate on uranium production, with a projected output of 150,000-500,000 pounds of triuranium octoxide in 2024 and higher in 2025.

Bennethum's background is expected to give Energy Fuels essential knowledge and experience as she fills a critical role in the company's REE sales and marketing operations.

Debra Bennethum, a chemical engineer, previously worked as the EV Critical Minerals Manager in General Motors' GM Global Purchasing and Supply Chain Division . Bennethum oversaw supply strategies at GM to ensure the resilience of EV important mineral supply chains, which included REEs for permanent magnet and battery critical minerals. She also handled more than $1.5 billion in investment projects, working with technical and internal stakeholders to boost GM's supply chains.

Energy Fuels anticipates Debra Bennethum, as a director, to establish relationships with original equipment manufacturers and other customers while negotiating supply, offtake and other agreements for the company's REE products. Her expertise will aid the company in considering REE collaborations in metal, alloy and magnet production, as well as analyzing and potentially pursuing government financing and other support

Edited by KYHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

This part of the tweet was cut off from the embed and I can confirm the accuracy.

"It has had a tendency to not hold gains so traders should take advantage of strength when given spikes imho."