Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

6 minutes ago, Red Five said:

/Anakin Skywalker gif. It'll look great when they paint the SEC logos orange.... They are going to paint them orange at some point, right?

Meanwhile at Kyle Field the SEC logos are missing.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Davis Lane said:

Meanwhile at Kyle Field the SEC logos are missing.

I mean.... it's not my eyesight right? It looks like we put maroon SEC logos on our field. But that couldn't have happened. 

4 hours ago, Red Five said:

/Anakin Skywalker gif. It'll look great when they paint the SEC logos orange.... They are going to paint them orange at some point, right?

gross

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2024 at 7:35 PM, Bullneck said:

Retracts before impact?

What part of Philly are you from?   Fishtown?  South Philly?  Chestnut Hill?  Inquiring minds want to know.

No longer live there thankfully. Back in Texas. Was living in Drexel Hill and, later, Collegeville. People have a hard time understanding sarcasm on this site.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

They should put a screen on the backside and just play non stop highlights and play games on it for fans. Similar to that Vegas sphere

And Taco Bell ads. Those never go out of style. 
live más 

yo quiero taco bell

run for the border

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Rage+1 1

Any update on renovations at the Disch? I heard that stands were going to be added along the left field line and the field turf was going to be replaced with natural grass, but that was about a year ago. 

12 hours ago, Bevo20 said:

Any update on renovations at the Disch? I heard that stands were going to be added along the left field line and the field turf was going to be replaced with natural grass, but that was about a year ago. 

We only do one major project at a time, and right now the indoor practice facility for football is next on the agenda.  Only after that is done can we start talking about the Disch.

13 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I wonder if baseball and softball would be combined into one renovation package, treat it as one construction site. 

I lost some of my hope for that when they announced the next grad housing project across Comal from The Disch.

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

I lost some of my hope for that when they announced the next grad housing project across Comal from The Disch.

The Disch isn’t moving, and I doubt it’ll get torn down for a full rebuild, they invested a lot in building it up over the years.

They were able to use more land between 21st/22nd than was what was originally in the master plan so I’m not sure they’ll use the lot behind the softball field anytime soon (see below) so the softball field could get demolished and rebuilt with a bigger footprint.

IMG_6684.thumb.jpeg.60fa7f7db2b2ccddbcf7a24aa5106529.jpegIMG_6683.thumb.jpeg.f2657f92dad51cddc4407c5edc5358cb.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

It's a pretty building, and they don't build solid art deco like that anymore, though I understand it needs a lot of work. I was a bit sad to hear about its imminent demise.

• Hook 'Em 1

So the overriding factor in the effort to preserve the building is an administrative policy decision that was made that affected the operations within its walls?

I’m not sure that jibes with the worth effort to preserve historically significant buildings.

• Hook 'Em 4

That thing is an absolute shit-hole inside.  It's delay tactics by Aggies and other cranky ex-Big XII partners on that commission to delay our athletics complex expansion.  Hicks, for whom the School is named, can exert the necessary influence to get this done, but this probably will delay it-yes.  

But I'm willing to keep it if they let us tear down about a dozen eyesores on campus.  Athletics and the Tower want to get all this shit at least to groundbreaking phase to have it come in under the current Capital Campaign goal.  As per usual, stalling seems to be all moronic politicians are concerned with.  

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Where is Frank Erwin when you need him?  He'd already have that thing down, lighting dynamite in his mouth like a cigar and swinging a 5,000 lb wrecking ball with his bare hands.

To Bill Brasky!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Frank once to me to an empty parking lot and told me to wait for a drink.  Sure enough, we stayed there for 18 months.  They constructed a bar around us.  We had one shot, Frank walked out and burned the thing to the damn ground.  Told me, "Always leave things better than you found them!"  To Frank Erwin! 

2 hours ago, Enemy07 said:

Look at these other football facilities. This is where top recruits want to go train. Not some rinky dink Texas weight room. Step up your game Sark!

Oh good you posted this in multiple threads. You think this is Sark's job?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, MAUFRAIS said:

I’d rather them tear down that ugly ass art building on the other side.

Back in the 80s some frat boys took a beat up, rusty swing set and installed it as an art exhibit on the front lawn. Took weeks for the professors to figure out it wasn't legit and have it removed. Still probably the best exhibit I ever saw over there

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, MirrOlure said:

It takes 7 of them to change a flat tire:

2 to make a beer run

2 to change the tire

3 to make the t-shirts

For some reason I still remember this bit of bathroom graffiti from Liberty Lunch circa 1986...

"Sally Sore Whore asked Billy Bob Frat Rat

What's the matter? Rather be wrestling in your underwear with your buddies?"

• Hook 'Em 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes, fcb……

DKR MEDIA PRESS BOX TO BE RELOCATED, REPLACED BY SUITES

Horns247
Chip Brown
Aug 15th, 8:24 AM

......The University of Texas System Board of Regents has approved athletics to begin taking steps toward relocating Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium's media press box — currently located on the west side of the stadium — to split locations in the southeast and southwest corners of DKR in time for the 2026 football season.

Sources said once the press box is gutted, after the 2025 season, it will be replaced by 10 suites that have already been sold for $10 million apiece.

The press box would then be divided into two locations in the south end of DKR, where the concrete party decks in the southeast and southwest corners are currently located. UT's current press box is on the eighth floor of Bellmont Hall, located on the west side of DKR.

The 10 $10 million suites will be two stories. That means the kinesiology department, located on the seventh floor of Bellmont, is being relocated to the second floor.....

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Yes, fcb……

DKR MEDIA PRESS BOX TO BE RELOCATED, REPLACED BY SUITES

Horns247
Chip Brown
Aug 15th, 8:24 AM

......The University of Texas System Board of Regents has approved athletics to begin taking steps toward relocating Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium's media press box — currently located on the west side of the stadium — to split locations in the southeast and southwest corners of DKR in time for the 2026 football season.

Sources said once the press box is gutted, after the 2025 season, it will be replaced by 10 suites that have already been sold for $10 million apiece.

The press box would then be divided into two locations in the south end of DKR, where the concrete party decks in the southeast and southwest corners are currently located. UT's current press box is on the eighth floor of Bellmont Hall, located on the west side of DKR.

The 10 $10 million suites will be two stories. That means the kinesiology department, located on the seventh floor of Bellmont, is being relocated to the second floor.....

I don't really give a shit about the writers, but where will the radio and tv booths be?

• Hook 'Em 1