Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Roofle said:

Throwing sponsor names above the video board is an all-time poors move. Do we really need the money we received for that?

Given that we're (at worst) a top 5 wealthiest program, it's clearly not a poors move. 

26 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Given that we're (at worst) a top 5 wealthiest program, it's clearly not a poors move. 

It looks smaller than last year but I suppose it’s one of those temporary things for this year then it expands more all around?

Edited by BurntOrange&White

What happened to the plans for a South EZ scoreboard, even from the top? I thought there were plans for that. If you really sit far North in the stadium, you are left to seeing/reading the stadium steams on the media stripe in the mid-level surrounding areas.

Hook’em!!!

Those random names above the new Godzillatron look fucking stupid and extremely high school/tacky. Stop changing shit CDC, Darrell K Royal - Texas Memorial Stadium was just fine as it was before.

Steve Patterson-esque move. Money whoring as per usual.

Edited by Wilcox Cummingtonite
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

On 8/27/2024 at 2:14 PM, msucolt45 said:

What happened to the plans for a South EZ scoreboard, even from the top? I thought there were plans for that. If you really sit far North in the stadium, you are left to seeing/reading the stadium steams on the media stripe in the mid-level surrounding areas.

Hook’em!!!

Strike that. Reverse it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Mathew 6:1

"Be careful that you don't do your charitable
giving before men, to be seen by them, or else
you have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.

What if the reward sought is not from our Father in heaven, but from your Avatar here on earth?

Just now, msucolt45 said:

I meant the North EZ! Sorry. I’d seen plans of them needing to take out a couple rows in the center of the upper deck to make it happen. Just asking?

Hook’em!!!

Just kidding, but….aren’t you the same dude complaining about how kids these days don’t know their N-E-W-S?

On 8/27/2024 at 4:14 PM, msucolt45 said:

Hook’em!!!

Poor and old is no way to finish up life, sir.

On 8/27/2024 at 4:24 PM, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

Those random names above the new Godzillatron look fucking stupid and extremely high school/tacky. Stop changing shit CDC, Darrell K Royal - Texas Memorial Stadium was just fine as it was before.

Steve Patterson-esque move. Money whoring as per usual.

Steve Harvey Lol GIF by Digg

4 hours ago, chainsaw said:

Someone please report back on the quality of cell and 5G service on the various networks at the stadium on gameday.

Going out on a limb and saying it all sucks. Something technology just can’t crack, apparently.  

6 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Matthew 6:2

How much?  Enjoy thy front pew, brother!  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Book of Armaments, Chapter Two, verses nine through twenty-one: "And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, 'O Lord, bless this, thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayest blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy.' And the Lord did grin." 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Royale with cheese said:

Book of Armaments, Chapter Two, verses nine through twenty-one: "And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, 'O Lord, bless this, thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayest blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy.' And the Lord did grin." 

“Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.”

• Hook 'Em 2

O God, ease our suffering in this, our moment of great dispair. Yea, admit this good and decent woman into thine arms in the flock in thine heavenly area, up there. And Moab, he laid its down by the band of the Canaanites, and yea, though the Hindus speak of karma, I implore you: give her... give her a break.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Why is someone worried about 5G service during the game? Planning on streaming something instead of watching the game that is right goddamn in front of you?

If you are at the game why do you give a shit about phone service?

I went to games for fifty years without a phone.

Get off of my lawn and fuck off.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

On 8/28/2024 at 8:54 PM, GreenspointTexas said:

Crazy how its been a few years and still no one knows what the capacity of our stadium is

Bet we go over 105k for Georgia this season

It’s already been more than 105k, maybe they can get it to 106k but I doubt it can hold more (without having the fire Marshall shut it down)

Record Attendance: 105,213 vs Alabama Crimson Tide (September 10, 2022)

On 8/28/2024 at 6:34 PM, msucolt45 said:

I meant the North EZ! Sorry. I’d seen plans of them needing to take out a couple rows in the center of the upper deck to make it happen. Just asking?

Hook’em!!!

See above. While a new scoreboard would be nice for the fans in sections 1-3 and 30-32 (the people in the fancy seats have their own TVs). I can’t image they’ll be taking out seats when they are selling out season tickets right now. I have no inside information on this so maybe I’m wrong but I wouldn’t bet getting one put in until 2028 when we’ve been in the new conference for a few years and get past those scheduled home visits by Michigan and Ohio State.

On 8/28/2024 at 6:10 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Tiffany says to wait until we're in the VIP room, then give the money in an envelope.