2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

tenor.gif

I mean, that’s what they said when I said Trump would win in 2016.

I really, really hope I’m a loony. Because being right about such shitty things SUCKS.

I hope that I come here on Tuesday night before 10 and say “well, turns out I was all worried for nothing.” I really do. But there’s a good chance that I won’t. And the fact that there’s even a material chance is shitty.
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

See, I was saying that back then, too. I was saying it the moment bitch face won the Democratic nomination. But this year, I'm saying that... you're a loony.

Are a bunch of drunk rednecks and Trump gonna have a shit fit? Yeah.

Is it going to work? Fuck no.

Is the Republican party devoid of principle? Yeah.

Are they deliberately acting to destroy the country? Fuck no.

I'm not saying this out of some attempt to find the happy middle, here. I'm saying this because I'm not a buffoon. In the end, most people just want to go about their lives. Trump denied them that. So they're making a statement.

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I really, really hope I’m a loony. Because being right about such shitty things SUCKS.

I hope that I come here on Tuesday night before 10 and say “well, turns out I was all worried for nothing.” I really do. But there’s a good chance that I won’t. And the fact that there’s even a material chance is shitty.

you’re a loony. def not a “good chance” of any of that shit. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

It's the 2020 election, why waste a good crisis. There is serious concern about election gamesmanship. 

I worry about the courts. I hope the legal eagles (Bush v. Gore crew) is standing down and letting the election be put to bed, quickly. For the sake of Justice in this Nation. They have the Supreme Court. Save the ammo (and goodwill) for a better hill . . . 

Just my opinion, but as the election gets closer. The democrats odds in North Carolina and Georgia will most likely improve.

i think Florida is the rare state where the pandemic really hurt the democrats. They needed to have boots on the ground and been talking to people more. The trump campaign actively courted the Cubans since 2017 and it looks like it’s going to pay off. I haven’t completely given up on Florida 100% because usually there is a late surge the last weekend in favor of the democrats with procrastinating young people in the southern counties and “souls to the polls”. Although, once again, the pandemic has probably hurt the souls to the polls effort because lots of those people won’t physically be in church, but I’m still going to hope for a slight bounce and improvement in the Florida numbers by Monday. 

Trump has to win a ton of states that are extremely close. I highly highly doubt that the man can win Ohio, Iowa, Florida, North Carolina, Georgia, Texas, Arizona, Pennsylvania all in a row. Each one of those states will be a dog fight. I know Biden is the heavy favorite in Arizona, Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania. He’s probably a slight favorite in North Carolina now. Georgia is probably a true toss up, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it trended our way after the Ossoff beat down of Purdue. Momentum can be a funny thing sometimes. Biden is a slight dog in Florida / Iowa / Ohio/ Texas.

Trump changing his plans is probably the best sign yet.  The most concrete evidence we have: the polls, the candidate itineraries, money, all point to a Biden landslide.  I won’t relax until 1/20.  But I would bet heavy on Biden being the next president.  I still wish he had stayed in Pennsylvania.

8 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Man, hundreds of those fools have been “outed” and basically said “Follow the law? Make me!”.

I ain’t praising that sentient potato for doing the decent thing. I’m genuinely shocked he did though.

He wasn’t about to lose out on that sweet, sweet Florida Judge pension. 

Feels like there is no momentum in the race going into the last weekend. Yes, I believe that Biden is up in the right places but is his lead increasing? Or staying flat? Leading does not equal momentum.

It’s also easy to discredit Hillary’s unpopularity or Comey’s late statements/investigation in why trump won in 2016. But it still required Americans to vote for Trump. And while there were trump fanatics in 2016, the fanatics were characters on the fringes. Trumps fanatics have grown over 4 years and many include people you interact with every day but they know better to openly demonstrate it.

I swing between Biden has this under control, over to white America (and Hispanic to some extent) loves trumps tough guy image and trump eeks out a victory.

this feels like a UT game where we’re 21 point favorites. You know we should win but we still have to put points on the board.

• Hook 'Em 1

Feels like there is no momentum in the race going into the last weekend. Yes, I believe that Biden is up in the right places but is his lead increasing? Or staying flat? Leading does not equal momentum.
It’s also easy to discredit Hillary’s unpopularity or Comey’s late statements/investigation in why trump won in 2016. But it still required Americans to vote for Trump. And while there were trump fanatics in 2016, the fanatics were characters on the fringes. Trumps fanatics have grown over 4 years and many include people you interact with every day but they know better to openly demonstrate it.
I swing between Biden has this under control, over to white America (and Hispanic to some extent) loves trumps tough guy image and trump eeks out a victory.
this feels like a UT game where we’re 21 point favorites. You know we should win but we still have to put points on the board.

He has momentum everywhere but PA. The late polls are all breaking his way. In fact they're starting to look like Trump's did late 2016.
I'm starting to wonder if the polls are wrong again, but this time in Biden's favor. The possibility of Biden destroying Trump by 300 is very real.

All of the indicators of trouble that came late 2016 pointing in Trump's direction are pointing in Biden's this time.

giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd7iksy6uaif6ddx3nf7qepzasuphmh36k0htaug6zc&rid=giphy.gif
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I think so many people have voted already, that the day you wanted momentum to peak is like yesterday.

6 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Trump has to win a ton of states that are extremely close. I highly highly doubt that the man can win Ohio, Iowa, Florida, North Carolina, Georgia, Texas, Arizona, Pennsylvania all in a row. Each one of those states will be a dog fight. I know Biden is the heavy favorite in Arizona, Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania. He’s probably a slight favorite in North Carolina now. Georgia is probably a true toss up, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it trended our way after the Ossoff beat down of Purdue. Momentum can be a funny thing sometimes. Biden is a slight dog in Florida / Iowa / Ohio/ Texas.

But let’s remember: Trump won all those states in 2016. 

That being said, this (along with improved prospects in the house/senate) demonstrates yet again the wisdom of a 50 state strategy. 

People are rightfully worried - but they're not going to be able to throw out mail in ballots in Pennsylvania that were received before end of Election Day.  Election officials know a fight is coming and are going to segregate all ballots received after election day so that if they are challenged and 'thrown out' that there is no chance of pre-election day ballots being included.  Mail in ballots received by election day will be counted and Biden will win Pennsylvania

9 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Trump wants to see the early returns for Election Day voting, declare victory and call it a night. I predict a “victory” speech from him by 10 CT that warns of fraud as the vote counting continues.

Oh he's absolutely going to claim victory.  And every legitimate news media in this country needs to make sure and call it out for the bullshit it is - and explain to people that elections have never been officially 'called' on election night.  I have to believe the Biden campaign is ready for this contingency and has their messaging/surrogates ready to go.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Jokes about Trump as Bunker Bitch aside, this is a curious move.  

He knows if he loses, there'll be celebratory crowds outside the White House.  Unless he wants to unleash something on them. 

If he wins or vehemently contests it, obviously...there'll be anti-trump protests outside.  

I feel like he's baiting people to come to Lafayette Park for some reason.  

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Jokes about Trump as Bunker Bitch aside, this is a curious move.  

He knows if he loses, there'll be celebratory crowds outside the White House.  Unless he wants to unleash something on them. 

If he wins or vehemently contests it, obviously...there'll be anti-trump protests outside.  

I feel like he's baiting people to come to Lafayette Park for some reason.  

The flip side is that all of that would be happening outside of Trump Hotel.  I think Trump would much rather be in his bunker than watching it all happen in the lobby of his shitty hotel.

Although this is all likely about the optics of being in the White House and declaring himself the victor.  Which represents more of the 'powerful leader' image Trump so desperately is trying to create?

Edited by Hiphopopotamos

Just now, Hank Kingsley said:

Tuesday night is going to be batshit insane. 

and then we eat the batshit and start the Coronavirus Pandemic all over again?  Seems appropriate for 2020.  

Sucks patriotic ass that should Biden be declared the winner that night, that two things won't happen: Trump won't conceded and Biden supporters can't publicly celebrate in a peaceful fashion because they'll be great violence visited upon them by angry Trumpers.  

9 minutes ago, Lobo said:

and then we eat the batshit and start the Coronavirus Pandemic all over again?  Seems appropriate for 2020.  

Sucks patriotic ass that should Biden be declared the winner that night, that two things won't happen: Trump won't conceded and Biden supporters can't publicly celebrate in a peaceful fashion because they'll be great violence visited upon them by angry Trumpers.  

Don’t think you can start something all over again that still hasn’t ended. 

What is with this 2A surge for Trump lately?  I know the Secret Service would never let him, but if he were to handle a firearm...I bet you all I have that he would accidentally shoot someone with it.  I look at Trump and I see a guy who's real "Indoorsy."  (golf doesn't count to me)  Fuck Favre 

That two chronic sexual assaulters would become friends does not surprise me.  As Pacino in Heat would say, "I am over-fucking-whelmed" these two found one another.  

It may have been posted already but did anyone catch the commercial during last nights NFL game for Biden with all of the military leaders in it like Kelly, McRaven, McChrystal, Mattis, etc...  Thought that was really good and should be blasting every 30 minutes from now until the election on Fox News in all the swing states especially FL, PA, GA, NC, and even TX.

• Hook 'Em 2