2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

Just now, MoJames said:

Have we any good response on why the Latinos and Cuban-Americans voted the way they did in Miami?

My coworker is suggesting it has to do with the Cuba's living in a Dictatorship and the rights being taken away during the Pandemic were way to similar...

Anecdotal but border latinos in Texas were not happy with BLM nor the lack of outreach for their votes.  They skew conservative and see themselves as Texans/Americans rather than immigrants or descendant of immigrants so immigration reform and the soup of it all doesn't resonate as much.  

2 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

using the WSJ site, looks like there are 347k votes still to be counted.  Of those, 61.06% would have to break towards Biden to get to a tie.  Cal would need to do better than that.  He need 62%, or 20k, of the votes to tie. 

Can Cal get it to a runoff? I mean, his underperformance compared to Biden likely means he can’t get that #.... but the Libertarian votes are pulling Trump votes from Tilis.

2 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Trumps current plan:

Stall concession by demanding recounts in WI and MI

Dig for votes in AZ and NV

Finish ahead in GA and NC

All out blitz on PA

In the end, get EV from NC, GA, AZ, PA, and WI 

This is not a plan

Obama What GIF

2 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Have we any good response on why the Latinos and Cuban-Americans voted the way they did in Miami?

My coworker is suggesting it has to do with the Cuba's living in a Dictatorship and the rights being taken away during the Pandemic were way to similar...

Cubans in florida have always broken hard republican. Perception that Republicans were more interested in confronting Castro and communist regime.  Goes all the way back to even before the feelings of betrayal resulting from JFK's Bay of Pigs fiasco.  Eisenhower, Nixon, Reagan, GHWB all perceived to be working to destabilize Castro's power grip there while JFK, LBJ, Carter all viewed as more appeasing.  They associate the concept of "the left" with soviet-backed, authoritative and criminal regimes.

5 minutes ago, MoJames said:

You should educate your co-worker that the vast majority of Cuban-Americans living in South Florida have never set foot in Cuba.

Edited by Herpa Derpa
  • Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, pacman said:

Republicans lack imagination. If Biden stalls at all, and McConnell will obstruct his face off, Trump will come back in 2024. The cucks in the R party will be powerless to stop it.

To stop it?  Fuck, they'll welcome it!

5 minutes ago, MoJames said:

I’m pretty sure you got your money’s worth with that analysis.

Am I naive to not be worried about lawsuits? I know he'll try, but I'm not seeing any valid basis. Trump said last night that people were still voting, which was a lie. What's happening is counting validly cast votes under state laws. Has there been any credible source reporting any irregularities? I don't think even the Comey Court will be able to find a way to toss votes or stop the counting of validly cast votes under state laws.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Anecdotal but border latinos in Texas were not happy with BLM nor the lack of outreach for their votes.  They skew conservative and see themselves as Texans/Americans rather than immigrants or descendant of immigrants so immigration reform and the soup of it all doesn't resonate as much.  

Pretty much what my Latina friend born and raised in Brownsville said. Evidently they don’t share the “minority” experience because in their bubble down there they are the majority. They identify Donald trump as “American”

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, LABEVO said:

Looks like Kennedy, Kleberg, Frio, La Salle, Val Verde, and Reeves flipped Trump from 2016. Biden only flipped Hayes and Williamson. 

Dems definitely need to understand the poor Latino turn out and defection if they want a chance in Texas. 

4 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

This is way more of an issue that gets talked about.  They are a significantly larger proportion of the population and receive a significantly lower proportion of attention from the media and candidates.  Not saying it's good, bad, or indifferent.  But it is a mathematical fact.  

5 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Not that it would have made a difference, but he should have come to Texas instead of Kamala. 

No, waste of time.  Time spent anywhere other than Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, and Virginia this cycle was a waste.  Nevada and Arizona proving to be a spot that efforts should be great with hindsight.  All this Texas talk is just dumb.  It ain't happening.  Beto not even getting close to Ted fucking Cruz shut that narrative down for a decade no matter how much liberals in Texas want to believe in the fantasy.

3 minutes ago, sidis said:

Cubans in florida have always broken hard republican. Perception that Republicans were more interested in confronting Castro and communist regime.  Goes all the way back to even before the feelings of betrayal resulting from JFK's Bay of Pigs fiasco.  Eisenhower, Nixon, Reagan, GHWB all perceived to be working to destabilize Castro's power grip there while JFK, LBJ, Carter all viewed as more appeasing.  They associate the concept of "the left" with soviet-backed, authoritative and criminal regimes.

160322134156-04-obama-cuba-0322-exlarge-

1 minute ago, HRSchenker said:

At this point it looks like the only hope Trump has is to win Georgia, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and get an electoral vote from Maine to force a 269 tie. I don't see Wisconsin, Michigan, Arizona, or Nevada going red. 

Screenshot_20201104-125305_Chrome.jpg

Biden pulled one from NE

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

At this point it looks like the only hope Trump has is to win Georgia, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and get an electoral vote from Maine to force a 269 tie. I don't see Wisconsin, Michigan, Arizona, or Nevada going red. 

That's missing the Nebraska vote for Biden. 

5 minutes ago, sidis said:

Jfk fucking attacked Cuba. Which R did that?

11 minutes ago, MoJames said:

300px-BatistaFireSquad.jpg

Yea, I can see his point.  Super similar.  

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Sounds like they have coalesced around which counties they will contest and why. 

The kind of fun thing about all this court shit is that Bush v. Gore, used as precedent, does not favor the party asking for a recount, especially if the recount method varies much from the original counting method.  It favors the originally declared winner.  It also disfavors county recounts, as opposed to statewide.

And, most of the "new" voting methods in most jurisdictions have been challenged and those challenges have failed.

I think Biden got that Maine vote, tie is impossible now. Trump is looking strong in Nevada. PA, GA, NC in bag for him already. But Biden can afford to lose all those and still win if he holds on to NV.

• Fuck You 7

4 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Am I naive to not be worried about lawsuits? I know he'll try, but I'm not seeing any valid basis. Trump said last night that people were still voting, which was a lie. What's happening is counting validly cast votes under state laws. Has there been any credible source reporting any irregularities? I don't think even the Comey Court will be able to find a way to toss votes or stop the counting of validly cast votes under state laws.

No, that is my sense of it, as well.

Any time Trumpco wins in court it is mostly by accident.  They don't know how to government.

2 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Trumps current plan:

Stall concession by demanding recounts in WI and MI

Dig for votes in AZ and NV

Finish ahead in GA and NC

All out blitz on PA

In the end, get EV from NC, GA, AZ, PA, and WI 

Replace WI with NV and you are right. He isn’t winning WI or MI. Trump’s legitimate (not fuckery) path to victory is to hold on to NC and GA today, pray that he holds on to PA this week, and somehow squeak out one of NV or AZ. AZ seems very unlikely. Data suggests that Biden has the advantage in NV, but it’s going to be close.

Biden is obviously the favorite, but Trump has a needle to thread.

3 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

You’re showing your Nebraska my friend.

4 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

That won't work, Biden has Nebraska District 2 which is one electoral vote.