2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

Just now, workswithseed said:

I love how pissed you are at the browns, cause they didn't vote the way you wanted them. Seriously, maybe calm down and actually talk to them and ask why they voted the way they did.

pissed at the browns? I'm bummed they DIDN'T vote, not who they voted for.

I think Biden got that Maine vote, tie is impossible now. Trump is looking strong in Nevada. PA, GA, NC in bag for him already. But Biden can afford to lose all those and still win if he holds on to NV.

Please stop posting, not only are your assumptions extremely questionable your ‘facts’ are wrong too

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I think Biden got that Maine vote, tie is impossible now. Trump is looking strong in Nevada. PA, GA, NC in bag for him already. But Biden can afford to lose all those and still win if he holds on to NV.

Where do you see trump ahead in Nevada 

6 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

At this point it looks like the only hope Trump has is to win Georgia, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and get an electoral vote from Maine to force a 269 tie. I don't see Wisconsin, Michigan, Arizona, or Nevada going red. 

Screenshot_20201104-125305_Chrome.jpg

This doesn’t have Omaha going blue, which it has. 

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The kind of fun thing about all this court shit is that Bush v. Gore, used as precedent, does not favor the party asking for a recount, especially if the recount method varies much from the original counting method.  It favors the originally declared winner.  It also disfavors county recounts, as opposed to statewide.

And, most of the "new" voting methods in most jurisdictions have been challenged and those challenges have failed.

Yeah, I'm not a lawyer, but most of the Upper midwest is no stranger to close statewide elections and court challenges.  There's case law on this a mile long.

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Jfk fucking attacked Cuba. Which R did that?

well, that was kind of the problem with the whole thing from the perspective of the Cuban American...he didn't actually do so.

republican administrations have an illustrious and often disgusting history with their "combating" of communist infiltration of the caribbean and central america...often through paramilitary or cia efforts.  reagan's administration in particular from outright creation/funding/illegally arming of contras to fight Sandinistas, etc... to more subtle, economically destabilizing policies. 

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

negged for posting misinformation

7 minutes ago, 'stache said:

The South Texas abortion belt is very real. The priest tells them they have to vote for the guy who wants to deport them, because god.

Yes and No. It's a very catholic pro-life population, but it's always been and hasn't stopped them from voting heavily democrat forever.

I'm from Corpus and spent a lot of time on both sides of the border growing up (Papagayos por vida!). Also did oilfield work on the border after college so lived in Laredo, Zapata, McAllen, Harlingen for months at a time. I know the place really well. It's hard to explain if you haven't spent a lot of time down there, but it's a very machismo culture. To them Trump was like a famous Lucha libre wrestling character. He was celebrated. On the side of the road in the Valley you could stop and buy Puro Pinche Trump T-Shirts. They like larger than life characters, and he appealed to them. 

I think it will be an aberration, not a trend.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

I wish y'all hadn't pointed me to TexAgs Politics forum.  It is the most fascinating and frightening place I've ventured to on the web, and I've gone down some pretty deep rabbit holes on various "sites" (not quite nowthis deep, but still).

It's funny to see Trump go down, but the Republicans are setup pretty well for 2022 and 2024.  The Republicans will likely avoid the remaining fallout of the coronavirus.  The Republicans will hold onto the Senate so no justices or bills that Mitch does not support.  There's also a good chance SCOTUS abrogates the ACA and Mitch will prevent Democrats from passing a replacement plan.  Under those conditions, I don't see how 2022 won't be a bloodbath and 2024 may not be much better depending on how quickly the economy can rebound without significantly more stimulus which Mitch will likely block.

8 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

Nope. Biden got a point from Nebraska

6 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

You’re showing your Nebraska my friend.

5 minutes ago, UTDD said:

That won't work, Biden has Nebraska District 2 which is one electoral vote.

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

This doesn’t have Omaha going blue, which it has. 

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Does anyone know if the guy who posted the electoral map is missing a vote for Biden in Nebraska? 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Don't know why they haven't called Wisconsin for Biden. The SOS already said all the votes are in but 300, and Biden has a 20K lead. I'm sure Trump will ask for a recount, but they should call it for Biden already

I've heard they have more votes cast than registered voters in WI.

Could be bullshit... could be a problem.

5 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Yeah, I'm not a lawyer, but most of the Upper midwest is no stranger to close statewide elections and court challenges.  There's case law on this a mile long.

Part of the problem with that case was a semi-goofy Floriduh election law and what appeared to be some partisan-y shenanigans by the Florida Supreme Court.  If the upper midwest has a tested election law and precedent, that cuts down the avenues for getting to the Supreme Court.

And, Bush v. Gore actually itself cautions against its use as a general precedent.

5 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

Yes and No. It's a very catholic pro-life population, but it's always been and hasn't stopped them from voting heavily democrat forever.

I'm from Corpus and spent a lot of time on both sides of the border growing up (Papagayos por vida!). Also did oilfield work on the border after college so lived in Laredo, Zapata, McAllen, Harlingen for months at a time. I know the place really well. It's hard to explain if you haven't spent a lot of time down there, but it's a very machismo culture. To them Trump was like a famous Lucha libre wrestling character. He was celebrated. On the side of the road in the Valley you could stop and buy Puro Pinche Trump T-Shirts. They like larger than life characters, and he appealed to them. 

Once they nominate Lady Cotton from Arkansas, I'm curious as to how that lasts.

5 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

I'm from Corpus too, but left when I was 12. Many of my Mexican-American uncles and cousins were racist against black people, so BLM may also have turned them off. 

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

Yeah, that actually should be the exact opposite. So do something to extract the extra 25%.

Honest question, asking you since you are an African American (I think?): What exactly should the democratic party do that it currently isn't doing, or do differently, that would increase black turnout and democratic votes?

Just now, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Looking at the AZ map, it just doesn't look possible that trump can net another 90k votes. Still need it to be over asap so I can stress about NV. 

AZ is called by many reputable sources. Move on to Stressing about NV, but that won't be called till Friday.

GA gets called in about 4-5 hours. Looking alright for Biden, definitely favorable at this point.
NC gets called later today or tomorrow, also looking decent for Biden still.

1 hour ago, FOXHOUND said:

Putting the onus on minority groups to save this country from itself and also have to fight disenfranchisement and voter suppression tactics is not right. 

White voters, once again broke for Trump. White women even went up on their support. 

It's up to us white college educated folks to save this country from those who don't know any better.

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, immamac said:

AZ is called by many reputable sources. Move on to Stressing about NV, but that won't be called till Friday.

GA gets called in about 4-5 hours. Looking alright for Biden, definitely favorable at this point.
NC gets called later today or tomorrow, also looking decent for Biden still.

I don't think either of these things are true right now. Though the USPS possibly having 3k ballots at the Greensboro post office is interesting.