Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

Methodist here and I've never consumed sacramental wine. I've always imagined it was like a Cabernet Sauvignon that would pair well with some braised short ribs. Seriously, what is sacramental wine like?

FYI, you can thank the Methodists for the Welch's Grape Juice that's now served at most Protestant churches. It was created by Thomas Welch, a Methodist layperson that wanted to make a non-alcoholic alternative to sacramental wine. He figured out how to pasteurize the juice and then the Welch's Juice Company was born.

Edited by F250
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, bolverk said:

That's really interesting, F250. For what it's worth, I too have never had sacramental wine (having been raised Southern Baptist). Now that I'm a heathen nonbeliever, I guess I never will.

I came close a couple of times. My kids attended an Episcopal school from K-5 and as a result we attended a number of Episcopalian services. I remember telling my wife, "Were high church Methodists, that's about as close to Episcopalian as it gets. Couldn't hurt." But she didn't want to offend the Episcopalians. Oh well.

45 minutes ago, F250 said:

Methodist here and I've never consumed sacramental wine. I've always imagined it was like a Cabernet Sauvignon that would pair well with some braised short ribs. Seriously, what is sacramental wine like?

More like a Chianti that pairs with liver and fava beans.

Kind of like a blend of Sauternes and gewurtztrauminer.

At least that’s the Catholic version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

About 100 pages into the Fear book.

Bannon is every bit the asshole/diabolical savant you’d expect.  He refers to the hard core Trumpkins as hammerheads and the small money Trump supporters as hobbits.

My favorite parts so far are when anything having to do with money comes up.

Trump is such a cheap bastard 

1 hour ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

We got grape juice at communion when I was a kid in the Baptist Church, because *wink wink* Baptists don't drink *wink wink*.

What happens when you take a Mennonite fishing?

He drinks all your beer. 

What happens when you take two Mennonites fishing?

They don't drink any of your beer. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

All this talk about wine and grape juice.  What does it matter?  You're talking about a quarter of a sip of bottom shelf gas station wine vs Welch's.  Y'all know those crackers weren't actually made from Christ's body either, right?

I will say the Episcopal version of lining up in front of the alter to get communion while the priest blesses you feels much more spiritual than sitting in your pew while ushers walk around handing out plastic shot glasses and broken up saltine crackers at the Baptist Church.

2 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

And just when you thought he couldn’t  sink any lower...

He can't help himself.  Just like the shit he pulled during McCain's remembrance/funeral.  All he has to do is spend/make taxpayer money at the gold course for the weekend and he vomits all over himself.  It lends credibility every day to the crazy stuff in Woodward's book.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HenryJames said:

And just when you thought he couldn’t  sink any lower...

It continues to amaze me how Trump misses the easiest political layups.  

Politically speaking, he should focus on exploiting the current hurricane to make himself look stronger. It’s not hard to do. Hell, he could get the military in on this response effort and exploit them too, two scoops!

But nah, he wants to revisit his most disastrous failure.

• Like 1