Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

So the President lies about how many people died in natural disasters now?  When he dies, his funeral monument needs to be a working toilet so that future generation can piss and shit on him until the end of days.

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 8

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It continues to amaze me how Trump misses the easiest political layups.  

Politically speaking, he should focus on exploiting the current hurricane to make himself look stronger. It’s not hard to do. Hell, he could get the military in on this response effort and exploit them too, two scoops!

But nah, he wants to revisit his most disastrous failure.

Exactly.  I was thinking the other day that Trump is the luckiest president in recent history - he is gifted a roaring economy and major events like the Charlottesville death or this hurricane or Mcains death where he can easily look presidential and he just can’t help himself.

Hey, that wasn't hard.  The max annual mortality rate for Puerto Rico was 8.8 per 1,000 people in 2016.  That translates to roughly 29,000 deaths per year.

So this 3,000 death number being reported . . . sure doesn't look like all deaths are being attributed to Maria.  Maybe that 3,000 death number is, oh, ACCURATE?

53 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Imagine being a staffer trying to explain why so many people died as a result of lack of electricity, gas, water, shelter, healthcare, etc.

Can't you read?  Old age.  How much time did grandma really have left anyway?  Sure, she couldn't get dialysis, and her home health aide couldn't attend to her, but is that really the hurricane's fault?  Plus maybe some people were gonna die of starvation and dehydration anyway.  It happens.  You just can't attribute every dehydration death to the hurricane.  Plus, some people were murdered by looters who were also starving.  That's just an ordinary violent crime, Eskimo.  And some people weren't reported missing because the people that would ordinarily report them missing were missing also.  That would have happened anyway.  On any given day, PR has a couple 1000 people trying to survive under rubble.  6 to 18 deaths are all that occurred because of the hurricane.

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Hey, that wasn't hard.  The max annual mortality rate for Puerto Rico was 8.8 per 1,000 people in 2016.  That translates to roughly 29,000 deaths per year.

So this 3,000 death number being reported . . . sure doesn't look like all deaths are being attributed to Maria.  Maybe that 3,000 death number is, oh, ACCURATE?

Cause of death ascertainment is, generally, a complicated thing. Determining excess mortality related to a hurricane, is an extremely complicated thing. Here is the actual study that produced the 3,000 excess deaths numbers: https://prstudy.publichealth.gwu.edu/sites/prstudy.publichealth.gwu.edu/files/reports/PR PROJECT REPORT FINAL Aug 31 2018 AGM 0933hrs.pdf Anybody who reads it knows more on the subject than the president of the united states. 

• Like 2

Also, regardless of disaster, this is an amazing fact:

We estimate that in mid-September 2017 there were 3,327,917 inhabitants and in mid-February 2018 there were 3,048,173 inhabitants of Puerto Rico, representing a population reduction by approximately 8%.

Imagine 1 in 12 people around you just disappearing.  That would have just incredible ramifications.  The real estate market has been detonated.  Every service industry just dropped in volume by 1/12.  Traffic jams have been dialed back by a decade.  Wild.

From the survey data, we estimated a mortality rate of 14.3 deaths (95% confidence interval [CI], 9.8 to 18.9) per 1000 persons from September 20 through December 31, 2017. This rate yielded a total of 4645 excess deaths during this period (95% CI, 793 to 8498),

So somewhere between a real shame and a nuclear bomb?  Thanks Harvard.

i love how 57 states became a major talking point back on Shaggy, questioning Obama's intelligence. I mean, it was brought up again and again for years.
This? a blip.

This was a turning point for me with that crowd. I saw people laughing about that for days, putting out conspiracies about Islam as reasoning for why he thinks there are 57 states, etc. Then I actually watched the clip, and its beyond obvious he was trying to say he’d been to 47 states and got tongue tied. But no, 57 states! Haha! Forever!
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Imagine 1 in 12 people around you just disappearing.  That would have just incredible ramifications.  The real estate market has been detonated.  Every service industry just dropped in volume by 1/12.  Traffic jams have been dialed back by a decade.  Wild.

Image result for the leftovers

Edited by yoladu
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

This was a turning point for me with that crowd. I saw people laughing about that for days, putting out conspiracies about Islam as reasoning for why he thinks there are 57 states, etc. Then I actually watched the clip, and its beyond obvious he was trying to say he’d been to 47 states and got tongue tied. But no, 57 states! Haha! Forever!

That flub defined Obama for these folks. Trump commits a dozen episodes of idiocy that top that EVERY DAY. And....crickets.

Fucking pathetic. Their behavior was pathetic, and they are fucking pathetic. Fuck them. All of them.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

right, try imagining 4 to 5 lefty posters bringing up 7/11 ad nauseum on here for the remainder of Trump's term.

hard to imagine.

31 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

[Trump logic]3,000 people didn't die in a terrorist attack on 9/11.  Only a few hundred were killed by the planes crashing into the buildings, but the rest were due to poor construction. [/Trump logic]

i tell you i did not push that old lady down the stairs.  i only pushed her down the first step.  she fell the rest of the way, and that's on her.

• Like 4

I do have difficulty getting my head around how to deal with the deaths of those in weakened states, which seems to be a large percentage of those counted.  If someone is on their last legs, this hurricane seemed to have really moved up their death date because of lack of adequate care from the hurricane (supplies couldn't get in, power couldn't get in, help was diverted to other tasks, etc.).  So a lot of people that would have died in 2019-2022 died in spring 2018 it seems.  

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I do have difficulty getting my head around how to deal with the deaths of those in weakened states, which seems to be a large percentage of those counted.  If someone is on their last legs, this hurricane seemed to have really moved up their death date because of lack of adequate care from the hurricane (supplies couldn't get in, power couldn't get in, help was diverted to other tasks, etc.).  So a lot of people that would have died in 2019-2022 died in spring 2018 it seems.  

So if a fighter gets knocked out in the 10th round, that really shouldn't be counted because he was already tired.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Yeah - I mean - those diabetics were going to die eventually anyways.  Who cares that we had no plan in place to get them their insulin.  They shouldn't even be counted in the totals.

• Like 1

Yes, that’s how you do it. Just like if you’re an old man, the doctor has told you that you have a week to live...and someone shoots you as you are heading to your last steak dinner - he’s charged with murder.

Taking a life before it can end naturally is causing a death.

The volcanic blast kills a few people. The ash destroying all local crops, causing 10,000 to starve over the next year, is just as much a killer.

In fact, that’s why we respond to disasters. Only a small part is digging folks out from the immediate rubble. Most of it is to keep them from dying for lack of food, clean water, and medical care in the coming months.

23 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

That flub defined Obama for these folks. Trump commits a dozen episodes of idiocy that top that EVERY DAY. And....crickets.

Fucking pathetic. Their behavior was pathetic, and they are fucking pathetic. Fuck them. All of them.

Yeah, well Obama was BLACK!

Oh shit, meant to whisper that.

[Trump logic]3,000 people didn't die in a terrorist attack on 9/11.  Only a few hundred were killed by the planes crashing into the buildings, but the rest were due to poor construction. [/Trump logic]
You need to add him saying something about trump tower now being the tallest building in NYC...like he did in a phone interview on 9-11-2001

Quality rant in the comments to an Albert Burneko diatribe on Deadspin today:

And this thoughtless, vile cruelty is a big part of his brand and why a large portion of this nation likes him.

We really are (in part) a nation of petty small-business tyrants and HOA dictators, abusers and grifters and serial liars who want nothing more than to lie, cheat and steal from each other, beat each other down with small indignities, snitch on each other and generally be pieces of shit to get even a small advantage.

They see Trump erasing the lives + deaths of poor people of color, of his “enemies” and of “haters and liars” and they think good, that’s what I’d do if I could, that’s what I’d do if I were him.

Fuck him and fuck all of them.

• Like 4