Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

Just now, Lagunamadre said:

Why do I think that Trump is going to make an exception for the NYT being "fake news" for this one. Also, he will insist we trust the unnamed sources on this one. 

This story could also be bait.

If Trump goes Saturday Night Massacre it could unleash the Mueller Kraken. 

Either way, this sucks. 

That is a hit a piece.  We must be close to the end game because I think this was Trump's first move towards firing Rosenstein.  I would like to see some of the author's previous work because that reads like they are in on it.

Edited by kevwun

11 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Not unreasonable to think Rosenstein has enough kompromat on Trump by now. 

Lady on CNN just commented about the weirdness of Rosenstein being a witness in the investigation while overseeing it as well. I guess he'll be a full-time witness now...

Just now, kevwun said:

That is a hit a piece.  We must be close to the end game because I think Trump just moved towards firing Rosenstein in earnest.

Comey did a radio interview earlier this week and based on the recent developments he said it looks like we're in the fourth quarter.

But of course he had no idea for sure. 

Mr. Rosenstein disputed this account.

“The New York Times’s story is inaccurate and factually incorrect,” he said in a statement. “I will not further comment on a story based on anonymous sources who are obviously biased against the department and are advancing their own personal agenda. But let me be clear about this: Based on my personal dealings with the president, there is no basis to invoke the 25th Amendment.”

10 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I would like to see some of the author's previous work because that reads like they are in on it.

They're not in on it.  Someone gave them the information and they we're like "Holy shit if true! I've got to corroborate this."

They corroborated it and published.

The story is absolutely newsworthy and they would be committing journalistic malpractice if they didn't print the story. 

1 minute ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Mr. Rosenstein disputed this account.

“The New York Times’s story is inaccurate and factually incorrect,” he said in a statement. “I will not further comment on a story based on anonymous sources who are obviously biased against the department and are advancing their own personal agenda. But let me be clear about this: Based on my personal dealings with the president, there is no basis to invoke the 25th Amendment.”

This is a very good non-denial, denial. 

He doesn't say what was factually incorrect or inaccurate and he never denies talking about the 25th Amendment. 

27 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Comey did a radio interview earlier this week and based on the recent developments he said it looks like we're in the fourth quarter.

But of course he had no idea for sure. 

Preet Bharara responded to this by saying Comey has the wrong game, the better analogy would be to say that it's in the 8th inning, unlike football quarters though, innings are untimed, you never know how long they are going to take. 

I liked that. I like Preet.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

We are late in the game, but we don't know how long the game will last, so we might not be late in the game.  Fascinating.

The real problem is that the game is actually Calvinball.  There are no rules.  Just shit that happens, as long as it happens.

• Like 9