Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

53 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

You have a valid point, but his parasitic takeover required a compromised host. The GOP was a philosophically rudderless, bankrupt organization.  Trump came in and filled its hollow core with his diseased nonsense. But the host was already in decline.   

The core wasn't hollow. It was and is a bubbling caldera of hate and self-righteousness that GOP political strategists have been developing for years. They thought they could control the eruption during elections and then go back to serving their true constituency.

They were wrong. Somebody comes along and embraces the volcano who doesn't care where the lava flows or where the firebombs land.

The GOP was not innocent in the creation of the current and possibly fatal scourge. The "diseased nonsense" is the daily bread of talk radio, FOX, and any number of elected GOPs.

Damn them. All of them. And let's not forget their apologists over the years who ignored the volcano they were creating.

• Like 5

Just now, RomaVicta said:

The core wasn't hollow. It was and is a bubbling caldera of hate and self-righteousness that GOP political strategists have been developing for years. They thought they could control the eruption during elections and then go back to serving their true constituency.

They were wrong. Somebody comes along and embraces the volcano who doesn't care where the lava flows or where the firebombs land.

The GOP was not innocent in the creation of the current and possibly fatal scourge. The "diseased nonsense" is the daily bread of talk radio, FOX, and any number of elected GOPs.

Damn them. All of them. And let's not forget their apologists over the years who ignored the volcano they were creating.

I really don't take issue with any of that, but I don't think that the GOP was always a bubbling cauldron filled to the brim with hate. I think that the core defect was a total lack of principled praxis in governance.  

10 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Fucking hell.

Infowars took the Acosta video and edited it by slowing it down and zooming in and replaying the moment Acosta’s hand touched her elbow to prove he “manhandled” her.

Despite the fact that when you watch the video in real time you can see she initiated contact and Acosta was in no way grabbing her.

So Sarah Fucking Sanders tweets Infowars edited video as “proof”.

These people......I’ve officially run out of derogatory words.

Yet, they are perfectly fine with this asshole body slamming a reporter. Hell, they even re-elected the piece of shit. Disgusting human beings

Edited by Mapache

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Where are all the damaging stories about him cracking down on the press?  There seem to be some furrowed brows but no pitchforks and torches.

Just now, Fozzz said:

lol at believing the GOP is philosophically rudderless.  if that is the case then what do you make of the dems?

Dems are dumb.  Republicans are stupid.

Both are philosophically rudderless.  The thing is that Team R hid it for decades under the mantra of lower taxes, smaller government, etc.  Now they have been completely exposed as frauds, so on to the next moving target (brown people).

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, retread said:

And Terry Gordy never really broke Kerry Von Erich’s back.  So what?  Trump’s hysterics are just kayfabe.  He’s talking from a fantasy world that, deep inside, he and his followers both know is fake.  They just enjoy getting all riled up in the land of make-believe, but they don’t see the problem when the fake shit that made them real-life angry doesn’t come to pass.  They never really believed it as true anyway (they just vote and act as if it was).

The United States is now governed by cognitive dissonance.  Welcome to the fall.  It was fun while it lasted.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Mapache said:

Yet, they are perfectly fine with this asshole body slamming a reporter. Hell, they even re-elected the piece of shit. Disgusting human beings

Montanans typically hate out-of-staters coming in here and trying to run shit.  They love this 'Jesus rode a dinosaur' mother fucker up here.  

10 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Fucking hell.

Infowars took the Acosta video and edited it by slowing it down and zooming in and replaying the moment Acosta’s hand touched her elbow to prove he “manhandled” her.

Despite the fact that when you watch the video in real time you can see she initiated contact and Acosta was in no way grabbing her.

So Sarah Fucking Sanders tweets Infowars edited video as “proof”.

These people......I’ve officially run out of derogatory words.

What about the video from NBC and the photos from CNN that show the exact same thing?  She "initiated" contact because it is her job to pass the microphone from one reporter to another and Acosta refused to give her the microphone.  And whether or not she initiated the contact or not, whether or not he meant to do it or not, he absolutely made physical contact with her arm.  So far Acosta, CNN, NBC, and the New York Times have flat out lied and said he did not make contact with her.  I'm not one of the these people who think this is assault but there is absolutely no defending the stance that it was complete and total unprofessional behavior by Acosta.  He has been doing these White House press briefings since at least 2016.  He knows the protocol.  One question per reporter with one follow up question at the discretion of the President or press secretary if they feel the follow up is germane to the first question.  Acosta's first question was about the migrant caravan.  His "follow up" was about the Mueller investigation.  One has absolutely nothing to do with the other and he knew it.  If Acosta had not acted like a dickhead to begin with no one would be arguing over who touched who, and if it was assault or not.  He is absolutely getting what he deserves.  April Ryan should be put on a short leash now too.  Her behavior today wasn't any better than Acosta's.  These aren't journalists.  They are attention whores.

• Fuck You 8

33 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I really don't take issue with any of that, but I don't think that the GOP was always a bubbling cauldron filled to the brim with hate. I think that the core defect was a total lack of principled praxis in governance.  

You're right, it wasn't. Hate as a political tactic was not invented by the GOP as far as I know, but think of Ailes, Atwater, Manafort, and Stone as figures who raised it from tactic to philosophy.

I've said many times that the traditional conservative values of the GOP are an essential voice in the US. With national budgets and debt soaring, it's a shame that the GOP killed that voice. There is no voice of restraint.

I vote Dem, but our system is fucked up and needs profound change. Well, change is what we're getting, so I should be careful what I ask for.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

What about the video from NBC and the photos from CNN that show the exact same thing?  She "initiated" contact because it is her job to pass the microphone from one reporter to another and Acosta refused to give her the microphone.  And whether or not she initiated the contact or not, whether or not he meant to do it or not, he absolutely made physical contact with her arm.  So far Acosta, CNN, NBC, and the New York Times have flat out lied and said he did not make contact with her.  I'm not one of the these people who think this is assault but there is absolutely no defending the stance that it was complete and total unprofessional behavior by Acosta.  He has been doing these White House press briefings since at least 2016.  He knows the protocol.  One question per reporter with one follow up question at the discretion of the President or press secretary if they feel the follow up is germane to the first question.  Acosta's first question was about the migrant caravan.  His "follow up" was about the Mueller investigation.  One has absolutely nothing to do with the other and he knew it.  If Acosta had not acted like a dickhead to begin with no one would be arguing over who touched who, and if it was assault or not.  He is absolutely getting what he deserves.  April Ryan should be put on a short leash now too.  Her behavior today wasn't any better than Acosta's.  These aren't journalists.  They are attention whores.

that was awesome!!

expect to see EMAWesome appointed to Secretary of State within the year, folks.

12 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

She’s fat. Her hair is flat and she has a cheap cut and color. She wears drug store makeup and she’s bad at applying it. She buys her clothes from Kohl’s and she wears Easy Spirit shoes. And she carries a Dooney & Burke purse.

So much truth. I can't with her makeup. 

16 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Dems are dumb.  Republicans are stupid.

Both are philosophically rudderless.  The thing is that Team R hid it for decades under the mantra of lower taxes, smaller government, etc.  Now they have been completely exposed as frauds, so on to the next moving target (brown people).

Your problem is distinguishing between the lies they sell the media and the public and the things they actually care about.  

10 hours ago, TexArcher said:

I still see nothing inappropriate.  Don't reach for the mic while he's still asking a question.  You don't get to censor the press, you bunch of fascist cunts.

You don't get to ask an unlimited amount of questions at a White House press conference.  You have something like 200 reporters in the White House press corp (actual room only fits about 50).  If each reporter gets to ask ten long winded look at me questions these things would take all day to do.  It's generally one question with one follow up question at the discretion of whoever is holding the conference per reporter.  You don't get to hog the microphone for fifteen minutes.  If he wanted to censor Acosta then why did he call on him in the first place?  The concept is that the president or a spokesperson for the president holds the conference and the press corp is welcome to attend it, not the press corp holds the press conference and the president is welcome to attend it.

• Fuck You 3

1 minute ago, EMAWesome said:

You don't get to ask an unlimited amount of questions at a White House press conference.  You have something like 200 reporters in the White House press corp (actual room only fits about 50).  If each reporter gets to ask ten long winded look at me questions these things would take all day to do.  It's generally one question with one follow up question at the discretion of whoever is holding the conference per reporter.  You don't get to hog the microphone for fifteen minutes.  If he wanted to censor Acosta then why did he call on him in the first place?  The concept is that the president or a spokesperson for the president holds the conference and the press corp is welcome to attend it, not the press corp holds the press conference and the president is welcome to attend it.

She assaulted him with the microphone grab. His left hand move was either accidental or instinctively defensive.  He should flip the script and press charges. 

I am now eagerly awaiting CNN's condemnation of the Antifa group trying to break into Tucker Carlson's home and giving his home address out on Twitter as an attack on the free press.  Should I make some popcorn?  Maybe buy a book of crossword puzzles to work on while I wait?

• Fuck You 7

EMAWesome coming in hot with the trump authoritarian shilling. Right on schedule. Watch the entire video, tell me that Acosta "laid hands" on the intern. Watch the infowars-edited video that SHS tweeted out. They're trying to paint him as some sort of dangerous reporter who's overstepping his bounds when in reality he's just doing his goddamn job of just asking questions.

You should love that, you love to just ask questions. The White House and the president don't get to dictate how and when the american people hold them accountable. They work for us, not the other way around.

EDIT: Haven't heard anything about the carlson thing, please provide a legitimate news source (no breitbart and no fox/WSJ op-eds) for that because you are typically full of shit.

Edited by Captainant
  • Like 2

Just now, EMAWesome said:

Thanks for explaining the concept.  

The White House is touting a doctored video to smear a legitimate reporter because the president does like him or his network. 

My point was that even in the FAKE video, Acosta did nothing to warrant having his press pass suspended.

Every sane American on both sides should be freaking the fuck out about this.  And if you're defending the WH right now, you're too far gone to argue with.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

I am now eagerly awaiting CNN's condemnation of the Antifa group trying to break into Tucker Carlson's home and giving his home address out on Twitter as an attack on the free press.  Should I make some popcorn?  Maybe buy a book of crossword puzzles to work on while I wait?

I don't know what you're talking about, but I do know this:  "Antifa" isn't the US government.

So much failure.

1 minute ago, EMAWesome said:

Not justifying either event in any way, and in my mind they're both non-stories meant to distract....but surely you understand what you're missing here with your false equivalence.

4 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

You mean an attack on a political hack who pushes state propaganda, not the free press.

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

EMAWesome coming in hot with the trump authoritarian shilling. Right on schedule. Watch the entire video, tell me that Acosta "laid hands" on the intern. Watch the infowars-edited video that SHS tweeted out. They're trying to paint him as some sort of dangerous reporter who's overstepping his bounds when in reality he's just doing his goddamn job of just asking questions.

You should love that, you love to just ask questions. The White House and the president don't get to dictate how and when the american people hold them accountable. They work for us, not the other way around.

He absolutely touched her.  She reached up to grab the microphone and he pushed down on her arm to keep her from grabbing the mic.  No, it's nothing that will leave any kind of mark or trauma but to say he never touched her like he has, his network has, and other members of the media have claimed is absolute bullshit.  To say otherwise after seeing the video is a lie, pure and simple.  You can try to justify why he touched her, you can claim it was totally accidental, you can claim that it has nothing to do with the price of tea in China.  You can not claim that the touch never happened.

• Fuck You 10

11 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

We're still waiting on Trump to condemn murderous nazis in Charlottesville.  Go to the back of the fucking "I am now eagerly awaiting" line.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

He absolutely touched her.  She reached up to grab the microphone and he pushed down on her arm to keep her from grabbing the mic.  No, it's nothing that will leave any kind of mark or trauma but to say he never touched her like he has, his network has, and other members of the media have claimed is absolute bullshit.  To say otherwise after seeing the video is a lie, pure and simple.  You can try to justify why he touched her, you can claim it was totally accidental, you can claim that it has nothing to do with the price of tea in China.  You can not claim that the touch never happened.

You're right, gently bringing his right hand down onto the forearm of the intern who walked up into his space and started trying to literally take the mic out of his hand is a capital offense. Did he touch her? Yes, because she reached out and touched him first. He did not strike her. He did not even use force. He wasn't even rude about it. And this is the hill you choose to die on? Would you rather he have grabbed her by the pussy?

Also, still waiting on evidence of your antifa claims. Tick tock.

Edited by Captainant
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

She invaded his personal space and tried to rip the microphone away forcefully. He has a right to defend himself from assault. 

• Like 1

It's actually a pretty good litmus test for determining authoritarian mindset.

If you think that woman had the right to get in Acosta's face and physically remove his microphone because she was an agent of the state and he should've been immediately deferential, you're an authoritarian.

Simple stuff, really.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

You're right, gently bringing his right hand down onto the forearm of the intern who walked up into his space and started trying to literally take the mic out of his hand is a capital offense. Did he touch her? Yes, because she reached out and touched him first. He did not strike her. He did not even use force. He did wasn't even rude about it. And this is the hill you choose to die on? Would you rather he have grabbed her by the pussy?

Also, still waiting on evidence of your antifa claims. Tick tock.

well obviously Costa couldn't get away with that!! He is a reporter, not a star. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Ask the President, he'll tell ya.

Edited by yoladu
  • Like 4

Look, tjhooker: if you're defending Trump, you're stupid, or you're a racist, or you're such a selfish piece of shit that you only care about having your taxes lowered at any cost.

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt by assuming you're just stupid.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

That's the other one I left off.  If counter to CR group thought opinion and this is even more common than troll or nazi is you're a dumb motherfucker, moron, idiot or racist.  It is just ridiculous to have any discussion in CR without this happening within a few posts.  Then it all ends with a barrage of negs.  Sometimes you get death wished upon your kids and you too.  It's just a great place to try to have a civil discussion. 

It comes across IMHO as people frustrated with Trump finally having a method to lash out in their minds.

Well no, mostly it's the namecalling and trolling is why we call you a troll dumb motherfucker moron idiot. That, and using factually incorrect information (or none at all) as the basis for arguments. 

You specifically haven't committed that second sin, but it's a favorite of the right-wing crowd around here. It's when people start parroting trump's lies as truth is when it gets ugly. And folks love to parrot trump frequently. 

11 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

That's the other one I left off.  If counter to CR group thought opinion and this is even more common than troll or nazi is you're a dumb motherfucker, moron, idiot or racist.  It is just ridiculous to have any discussion in CR without this happening within a few posts.  Then it all ends with a barrage of negs.  Sometimes you get death wished upon your kids and you too.  It's just a great place to try to have a civil discussion. 

It comes across IMHO as people frustrated with Trump finally having a method to lash out in their minds.

The reason why you get such terrible responses to your posts is because your posts are fucking terrible. Make a good post, and see what happens. It's key to note here that it needs to be an actual good post, and not something you think is good. Strive to be better.

The consistent shitty nature of your posts has nothing to do with your opinion contained within. It has everything to do with the fact that you're a) a fucking crybaby and b) incapable of making any kind of argument without playing the crybaby card.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Captainant said:

EDIT: Haven't heard anything about the carlson thing, please provide a legitimate news source (no breitbart and no fox/WSJ op-eds) for that because you are typically full of shit.

Talking points email went out overnight.

47 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command"

• Like 3