Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

2 hours ago, sachick said:

No twitter meld down on Flynn. Fox News has probably ignored the story this morning so DOTUS doesn't know about it yet.

FOX will send a letter to the Times ostensibly from an anonymous staffer when the whole shit house catches fire.

We at FOX seemed to support Donald Trump, but we were actually just humoring him so that he didn't do too much damage until the investigation was over. We're really heroes like those guys in the White House! Really!

18 minutes ago, HenryJames said:
You've chosen to ignore content by OatmealRaisinCookie. Options 

You've chosen to ignore content by OatmealRaisinCookie. Options 

Honestly he might be the first person I ever ignore on a message board. It's unreal how ridiculous and tiresome his act has become. It's like all the worst parts of swam and tahoe.

25 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i can't help it. looking at these men, from Carter to Obama, it's fucking shameful this human stain is even in the same group as them ☹

OTOH, maybe we need this stark uncomfortable reminder, because a sufficient number of us voted for and continue to empower this twisted creep.  I hope that we as a nation eventually come to a place of not forgetting Trump nor celebrating Trump, but understanding Trump.  Rigorous academic study of exactly the US Presidential Reality Show & Corruption Superbowl happened.  You can be sure that there will be Trump Scholars (though assuredly named differently) who carve their niche fleshing out various issues related to this mound of Big Macs and bile.  I pity those brave men and women, but they serve a critical purpose.  You sure as hell can't trust corporate media to look Power in the eye and not blink.

Edited by Degenerate Gardner

3 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Honestly he might be the first person I ever ignore on a message board. It's unreal how ridiculous and tiresome his act has become. It's like all the worst parts of swam and tahoe.

At least they're interesting at just being angry, paranoid and hateful.  This dude is like listening to my grandmother tell a story about the snowflake-shaped doilies she bought are all actually different if you pay attention to the little details.

1 hour ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

That’s fair and nobody is saying give him an award for being presidential for once via tweet, but those who can’t just ignore and move on to real criticisms are showing they are just eaten up with hate, subjectively. 

That call out was all I was trying to point out through opinion, not progressing a tired “acts whatever that means or setting bait whatever the heck that means.

Negged for disingenuousness. You keep posting about this using various representations of how those criticizing your president are either irrational due to rage or not to be taken seriously due to inobjectivity because they have settled on a disposition towards Trump.

You're wrapping the tired meme about derangement syndrome in a new wrap of soiled toilet paper. Your aim is to repeat that meme at every opportunity. In short, you're another amateur political operative trying to help the team through scorn and misrepresentation.

You then insult everyone's intelligence when called on your disengenuousness with a sappy, "Who? Little ol' me? I'm just exploring the subject of your irrationality. My rationality is proven by my clear objectivity."

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i can't help it. looking at these men, from Carter to Obama, it's fucking shameful this human stain is even in the same group as them ☹

Trump has a lot of work to do if he wants to approach the body count amassed W.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Nope.  Like I said, standing alone, utterly insignificant.

Standing as proof that he's a clueless narcissist, from the biggest matter to the smallest...yep.  He is so complete in his narcissism and lack of empathy that it permeates everything he does, even the smallest things.  As someone who investigates wrongdoing and collapses for exactly such evidentiary patterns, that sort of thing is relevant.  It's not an exhibit I put up at trial.  But in my discovery and ferreting out of evidence, it confirms that my instincts are correct, and I'm digging in the right direction.

Trump shouldn't hang for putting an exclamation point on that tweet.

He should hang for being a sociopath narcissist who is utterly incapable of human empathy.

The tweet just helps us confirm that our judgment of him in that respect has not been in error.

No narcissist! No narcissist! You're the narcissist!

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

And I don't want a sociopath who is incapable of empathy to have the power and responsibility of leading the most powerful nation in the world.  That alone is a fucking dealbreaker.  So, yeah.  The little shit matters....to the extent that it demonstrates that we haven't been wrong in our judgment of him.

You sound awfully naive. I hate to break it to you, but it’s highly likely that Trump isn’t the first with these personality traits to be President in your lifetime. 

Regarding everybody else here, y’all are really coming on here to breakdown the President’s behavior during a funeral? Step away for a while. Take a break. Or listen to Simpson. Hate corrodes the container that carries it. Good day. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

You sound awfully naive. I hate to break it to you, but it’s highly likely that Trump isn’t the first with these personality traits to be President in your lifetime. 

Well, I'm old enough to have overlapped Nixon, so you're right.

But otherwise, no.  Egotistical?  Sure.  Narcissistic tendencies?  All but a requirement to even SEEK the job.  But so narcissistic as to be utterly devoid of empathy?  Nope.  Ford, Carter, Reagan, GHWB, Clinton, BWB, Obama....sorry, they all had real and basis human empathy.  Some were clearly better than others, but nobody even comes close to the sociopath that currently holds the office.

And finally, what we have for him isn't hate.  It's utter contempt.  He's beneath us.  He's beneath ALL of us.  He is worthy only of scorn and contempt.  Shit, hate's too good for him.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Regarding everybody else here, y’all are really coming on here to breakdown the President’s behavior during a funeral? Step away for a while. Take a break. Or listen to Simpson. Hate corrodes the container that carries it. Good day. 

fc18989ae822867d00db519c2b9340a4.gif

Hate? It's entertainment to watch him be such a buffoon.

i have no idea if the quote is true, but there has nothing that Trump has done since being elected or really anything he has done in his life to lead me to believe it isn’t true.

There aren’t many lies bigger than the GOP claiming to be fiscally conservative or even fiscally responsible, they are absolutely the opposite.  Yet idiots keep voting for them and claiming they are.  Fucking morons 

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

You mean, those of us who've been saying all along that we're consuming our seed stock like foolhardy gluttons today, but we're going to regret it when it's not around come next planting season are spot-on correct, and it's so obvious that even DOTUS knows it?

I'm....well, just utterly shocked.  That's what I am.

1 minute ago, sachick said:

fc18989ae822867d00db519c2b9340a4.gif

Hate? It's entertainment to watch him be such a buffoon.

The only thing more entertaining than watching him being a buffoon is watching his simpering sycophants and enablers line up to fellate him.  I'm a sick puppy -- watching people completely degrade themselves, especially when they think they're "owning" someone else, is fucking hysterical to watch.

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, I'm old enough to have overlapped Nixon, so you're right.

But otherwise, no.  Egotistical?  Sure.  Narcissistic tendencies?  All but a requirement to even SEEK the job.  But so narcissistic as to be utterly devoid of empathy?  Nope.  Ford, Carter, Reagan, GHWB, Clinton, BWB, Obama....sorry, they all had real and basis human empathy.  Some were clearly better than others, but nobody even comes close to the sociopath that currently holds the office.

And finally, what we have for him isn't hate.  It's utter contempt.  He's beneath us.  He's beneath ALL of us.  He is worthy only of scorn and contempt.  Shit, hate's too good for him.

th?id=OIP.RR4sX9HiIM63_s_B79E5pAHaET&pid

th?id=OIP.wzI-FaVIS-A9jRfa30nGKQHaDt&pid

21 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

And yet some still believe Trump is beneath the honor of his office.  

I'm down with you on this, really, but you should understand the difference between the office and its individuals. The Office of the Presidency is intended to mean or imply certain things, and since it's an intangible, essentially metaphorical thing, it is possible to maintain expectations for the office that you would not have of the individual humans (temporarily) occupying it.

You conflate mass murderous foreign policy with the dignity of the office, but that doesn't really have anything to do with the dignity of the office. It is (understandably) more important to us as individual citizens that we have ~*~ decorum ~*~ than bloodless foreign policy and the office (rightly) reflects that. W and Obama met the dignity of the office in that sense, and Trump absolutely does not.

• Like 2

Just now, bad_teammate said:

You conflate mass murderous foreign policy with the dignity of the office, but that doesn't really have anything to do with the dignity of the office. It is (understandably) more important to us as individual citizens that we have ~*~ decorum ~*~ than bloodless foreign policy and the office (rightly) reflects that. W and Obama met the dignity of the office in that sense, and Trump absolutely does not.

I was getting ready to post this, but this explains it well.

27 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

And yet some still believe Trump is beneath the honor of his office.  

Goddamnit, Walter.  What was that shit about the Iraq War?  Why's everything a fucking travesty with you, man?  Not everything has to do with the fucking Iraq War, Walter.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Utterly unsurprising.  It's what happens when our President's personal interests are not aligned with our national interests.  Trump's calculus is solely personal: how will he win?  Our loss isn't even a consideration unless it threatens his perceived interests.  There is no right and wrong, there is only Trump.

I will never understand how so many fell for this profane con man.

Edited by Degenerate Gardner
  • Like 1

Just now, Degenerate Gardner said:

Utterly unsurprising.  It's what happens when our President's personal interests are not aligned with our national interests.  Trump's calculus is solely personal: how will he win?  Our loss isn't even a consideration unless it threatens his perceived interests.  There is no right and wrong, there is only Trump.

I will never understand how so many fell for this profane con man.

It's populism 101, and the hliariously ironic thing is, it's the exact sort of short-sighted idiocy that the Trumpkins make memes about when attacking Chavez and Venezuela.  He set up Venezuela on the road to ruin by burning through his resources -- doling out money and benefits (and thus depleting any savings/rainy day funds), etc.

Both breeds of populist burn everything we have today, and then ask the adoring crowd "aren't I awesome for keeping you warm?"  They soak up the cheers.  And they're long-gone come February, when it's bitterly cold and all our firewood is gone.  But hey, remember when we were toasty warm during that cool spell in November?  Yeah, that memory should keep us plenty warm.

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

“I vote republican because I’m fiscally conservative.”

One of the many lies I was raised to believe in an insanely republican household.

the entire party is built on lies.

Just now, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Something I've had to come to terms with too.  

me three.

• Like 1

Just now, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Something I've had to come to terms with too.  

Yep.  They repeat the story of the ant and the grasshopper over and over, telling us that they're the ant, when they're the fucking grasshopper.  It's just a simple lie, repeated until millions believe it's true.

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

“Fiscal conservatism” will be back with a vengeance once the democrats take over. 

It’s the best non-divisive low hanging fruit issue to campaign on.  

Y’all will fall for it again.

No one that runs gives a shit about it. 

That's how American politics has worked for decades now. Democrats have to clean up the mess with higher taxes. Then Republicans run on that.

Rinse, repeat.

• Like 2