Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

1 hour ago, Chooky said:

"His Presidency was truly consequently."  Is this man struggling with language and unable to communicate simple messages?  Yes.  Did this man have sex with his cousin?  Yes.

If the president's attorney can't put together a coherent 280-character statement about HW's funeral. An absolute soft ball of a tweet. How in the fuck is he supposed to respond to the Lebron James of prosecutors and his dream team? 

This is all so amusing.....and sad, really sad. 

• Like 1

then there's this:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/12/trump-white-house-has-no-plan-counter-mueller-report/577417/

Giuliani said it’s been difficult in the past few months to even consider drafting response plans, or devote time to the “counter-report” he claimed they were working on this summer as he and Trump confronted Mueller’s written questions about the 2016 campaign.

“Answering those questions was a nightmare,” he told me. “It took him about three weeks to do what would normally take two days.”

why would your lawyer make that statement? 

total.

goat.

rodeo.

There are numerous other reasons no response plan has been produced, White House sources said, including the futility of crafting a strategy that Trump will likely ignore anyway. There have also been few frank conversations within the White House about the potential costs of Mueller’s findings, which could include impeachment of the president or the incrimination of his inner circle. Those close to Trump have either doubled down on the “witch hunt” narrative, they said—refusing to entertain the possibility of wrongdoing—or decided to focus on other issues entirely. Former Press Secretary Sean Spicer has even taken to treating the probe like a game: On Wednesday he tweeted a (quickly deleted) link where followers could place bets on “how many tweets containing #mueller” the president will send “before the investigation is up.”

Attempting to plan “would mean you would have to have an honest conversation about what might be coming,” a former senior White House official, who requested anonymity to speak freely, told me.

they have no plan for the mueller report.

much more at the atlantic link if you want to understand what a colossal goat fuck that is this administration.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

then there's this:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/12/trump-white-house-has-no-plan-counter-mueller-report/577417/

total.

goat.

rodeo.

much more at the atlantic link if you want to understand what a colossal goat fuck that is this administration.

How can you craft a coherent plan when you're not representing a coherent client? A client who can't speak without lying and is most certainly guilty? And a narcissist who thinks he's above the law and beyond reproach? And you're Rudy Giuliani, a crazy person. 

Yeah, good luck with that. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TexArcher said:

GHWB's funeral is on in the background while I work.

It's making me wonder what Trump's funeral will look like.  I mean, he is a president.  Will any meaningful dignitaries show up?  Will there be any of this pomp and national coverage?  Will Don Jr, Ivanka, and the rest of the gang get a day off from prison to attend?  Will it just be a bunch of Russian oligarchs and Saudi princes?  

You will see the current President feel obliged to attend but my guess is that the other Presidents, including Jimmy Carter at 112, will find convenient excuses why they can't attend in person but send their sympathies to the family.  Perhaps Don Jr. can attend via Facetime from prison.

speaking of which, I would love to hear the inner voice of Jimmy Carter sitting at the end of the pew looking down the row at the Clintons, Obama and Trumps.  He's probably thinking that he handed off the Presidency 40 years ago to Reagan/GHWB, and the rest of you lead us to Trump.  WTF.

33 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Rudy Translator Ap:  The thing that happened earlier happened later and the thing that happened later never happened.  Time Magazine sucks.  Text can be invaded.  Sometimes sausage has little pieces of butthole in it.

"Twitter allowed someone to invade my text".

If my HS freshman had said that in 5th grade I would have grounded him and forced him to study "Domain Names 101" (and I suck at the internets).

9 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

You will see the current President feel obliged to attend but my guess is that the other Presidents, including Jimmy Carter at 112, will find convenient excuses why they can't attend in person but send their sympathies to the family.  Perhaps Don Jr. can attend via Facetime from prison.

speaking of which, I would love to hear the inner voice of Jimmy Carter sitting at the end of the pew looking down the row at the Clintons, Obama and Trumps.  He's probably thinking that he handed off the Presidency 40 years ago to Reagan/GHWB, and the rest of you lead us to Trump.  WTF.

He's witnessed the long slide of the GOP to the far right that started with Nixon, continued with Reagan/Bush, went even farther with Bush/Cheney, and ultimately resulted in Trump who is the ultimate expression of every bad trait of the whole lot. I doubt that he saw the fiscal irresponsibility of Reagan/Bush, the hypocrisy of dealing with terrorist Iran in order to illegally fund death squads in South America, or the introduction of phony Christians like Falwell and Robertson into the GOP as positives. 

3 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

The worst thing about the "potatoe" fiasco wasn't that the VP seemed goofy.  It was the potato spelling insecurity it instilled in my brain.  Prior to that I was confident in my potato syntax.  After, not so much.  I still have to double-check.

Dude.  Everyone here knows you're a country rube, and spell it "tater." You ain't fooling anyone.

2 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

watch him at formal events. you know when you're hammered or way too stoned, but you think you're keeping it together? that's what he looks like. he broods and has that scowl, but in reality, he's trying to digest exactly what's happening around him. that's his mask. he's confused, and he knows he's confused, and he's trying to hide it. it's obvious. if you've ever had a relative with dementia, you can see the signs very clearly.

This.  A lot of this.  We are literally dealing with a family member of similar age right now, suffering from dementia. The demeanor in such situations was nearly identical (I say "was," because her dementia has advanced beyond that).  He's not all there.  What I can't figure out is...if that's better or worse for the country.

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

then there's this:

total.

goat.

rodeo.

The point about not having a plan because you'd have to have a frank conversation about what REALLY might be coming down the pike is spot-on.  Every lawyer worth a shit has had that conversation with his client.  The "I need to be prepared for EVERYTHING that might come up.  So you need to tell me....what are the worst things they are going to say about you?  What are the worst facts or pieces of evidence I am going to see?"  And if you've been doing this long enough, you've had a narcissist client (who necessarily KNOWS that he's 100X smarter than you) who says "there's nothing.  They're the ones who should be worried.  There's nothing bad anyone can say about me."

Then, you get paper discovery.  And you sit through the client's deposition.  And you watch all the shit that he SHOULD have told you about come out, and you have little defense or preparation for it, because his strategy was to keep it from you and pretend it doesn't exist, because...fuck, I still don't know what end-game is going through these idiot's heads, but there must be some strategy, right?  I've been doing this a long time, and still haven't figured out what it is, but I'm not yet ready to conclude that they're just that freaking stupid.

But that's probably the case.  Willful ignorance and stupidity are close cousins.

Edited by Brisketexan

2 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

watch him at formal events. you know when you're hammered or way too stoned, but you think you're keeping it together?.

What are you talking about. My hay fever is acting up and I must have been wearing this jacket at a concert, and my my hay fever is acting up.  

To be fair to Trump, I think his funeral won't attract the least attended/acknowledged of any former POTUS.  I think he beats out William Henry Harrison for relevancy.  But remains a solid #44 in the 45-man rankings.  

Edited by Lobo

42 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The point about not having a plan because you'd have to have a frank conversation about what REALLY might be coming down the pike is spot-on.  Every lawyer worth a shit has had that conversation with his client.  The "I need to be prepared for EVERYTHING that might come up.  So you need to tell me....what are the worst things they are going to say about you?  What are the worst facts or pieces of evidence I am going to see?"  And if you've been doing this long enough, you've had a narcissist client (who necessarily KNOWS that he's 100X smarter than you) who says "there's nothing.  They're the ones who should be worried.  There's nothing bad anyone can say about me."

Then, you get paper discovery.  And you sit through the client's deposition.  And you watch all the shit that he SHOULD have told you about come out, and you have little defense or preparation for it, because his strategy was to keep it from you and pretend it doesn't exist, because...fuck, I still don't know what end-game is going through these idiot's heads, but there must be some strategy, right?  I've been doing this a long time, and still haven't figured out what it is, but I'm not yet ready to conclude that they're just that freaking stupid.

But that's probably the case.  Willful ignorance and stupidity are close cousins.

And then when he loses his case, he blames everything on his "shitty" lawyer? 

8 minutes ago, Lobo said:

To be fair to Trump, I think his funeral won't attract the least attended/acknowledged of any former POTUS.  I think he beats out William Henry Harrison for relevancy.  But remains a solid #44 in the 45-man rankings.  

Hey Ole Tippecanoe wasn't hiding behind his bone spurs.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Send only Clinton, Hillary. 

3 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Whoops..... Wonder if she came over in a Caravan.

I can almost feel the evil through the internet. How many has she already raped and murdered while using this job as a cover? She cackles when she considers her part in preventing America's return to greatness.

Burn her! Burn her! Wickedness! And her little anchor baby, too!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

speaking of which, I would love to hear the inner voice of Jimmy Carter sitting at the end of the pew looking down the row at the Clintons, Obama and Trumps.  He's probably thinking that he handed off the Presidency 40 years ago to Reagan/GHWB, and the rest of you lead us to Trump.  WT

DtxAMqJU8AEkfSN?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 3

I am curious to see how the actions of  North Carolina, Wisconsin and Michigan Republicans to "change the rules" regarding government, when they lose elections influence 2020? I would be highly critical of ANY party pulling this type of shit, it only shows the GOP as it is today is devoid of even the slightest sense of fair play.  So elections are for... when we lose we want to take all the game pieces home with us!!!  To be honest I love competition, and know people who have cheated to win prizes.  I never understood how "winning" was worth it when you needed to "cheat?"  Do your best, and sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.  This change the rules philosophy when you are losing power is repulsive to me, regardless of party.

Secondly GOOD NEWS REPUBLICANS!!! There actually is voter fraud, and it was massive, coordinated and was done by.... you guessed it.... the folks supposedly most concerned about voter fraud yourselves!!!  It's only a shock to you guys...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chooky said:

"His Presidency was truly consequently."  Is this man struggling with language and unable to communicate simple messages?

i have a theory on that.

like many of those low-lifes in with trump rudy can easily see what's coming, and he realizes he may never take another step as a free man after that.  or if he does, it'll be in diapers.  my bet is he can't write a simple sentence anymore that those fears don't interfere, so by the time he's six words into a sentence he's saying something the sentence didn't start.  same with long words.  he'll start typing but be thinking of something very different before he gets very far and his unconscious is free to finish the word as it chooses.

before anyone questions whether i think defending trump is a crime i'll say that answer is no.  i think rudy is probably into the russian stuff or sex crimes or something up to his eyeballs and realizes his one hope is the gop taking over the country and declaring him and others free of guilt.  i think that's why he (and dersh and others) are so adamant.

8 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

There's stuff all over Twitter and other social media suggesting that Trump can't read. I don't think that's the case, but it would explain a lot. Maybe he just needs reading glasses and is just too vain to wear them. 

I would not be surprised if he wears readers when he’s on the shitter.  He’s exactly the kind of guy who would hide needing glasses. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jiggy-Z said:

289336879_4b49d8e7a7_z.jpg?zz=1

this is a remarkable painting that i've not seen previously.  do you know who painted it?

let me tell you who these people are.  the young man near the fence with a detached expression was the husband to the deceased lady, and he cannot wipe from his eyes what he saw as his wife died trying to pass that child.  the younger man is his elder son who can't believe that that mound of dirt is all that's left of his mother.

the old fellow with the shovel is her father and the woman her mother.  the man with his hands in his pockets is an older brother of the fresh widower, and the tall man is their father.  their mother lies nearby.  beyond the fence is the only doctor in those parts who was two counties over, tending to a man whose leg was shattered by a runaway wagon.  by the time someone got to him it was already too late.

however we complain about our lives and our hardships, we have it very easy compared to our forebears.  death for them was always a wrong turn ahead.