Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

5 minutes ago, NowThis said:

turning the corner into 2019, when will the campaign begin? July 2019?

Shit. Every "rally" is a campaign event.  He even started his reelection campaign on January 20, 2016.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump_2020_presidential_campaign

Trump began his campaign unusually early for an incumbent President. He began spending for his reelection effort within weeks of his election, and officially filed his campaign with the Federal Elections Commission on the day of his inauguration.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

15 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

For whom?  The dotard has never stopped campaigning.  He thinks that is the whole job.

That's because every rally is a collection plate for the Trump organization's coffers.  

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

For whom?  The dotard has never stopped campaigning.  He thinks that is the whole job.

Dotard doesn't exist for me. I obviously meant the opposition.  I am looking forward to the mudslinging because it will cause dofus to hyperventilate , tweet madly at early hours, even moreso than now. I want to see his daily meltdowns as the opposition claws at him.

I know technically it’s accurate as far as the Civil War, and in the minds of aggy, but I do not like Texas being considered a part of the South.  

We are Texas you sons of bitches, and if we need to be classified as part of a region, the Southwest.  

I am surprised at how hard the Russians continued supporting Trump after the election.  

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I know technically it’s accurate as far as the Civil War, and in the minds of aggy, but I do not like Texas being considered a part of the South.  

We are Texas you sons of bitches, and if we need to be classified as part of a region, the Southwest.  

I am surprised at how hard the Russians continued supporting Trump after the election.  

It helps to have a separate identity I think.  Texas gets to do the whole “own country” thing, Alamo, cowboys and Indians etc.   our self image isnt paired with or tied to anyone else’s. Whereas there’s no such thing as a Mississippi image alone. There’s nothing unique about their history so nothing that they see about themselves is not tied to or found in other states around them. I think that naturally makes them think of themselves as part of that group — ie the confederacy. 

We were just as guilty as the rest of them in the 1860s of being a bunch of traitors, but Texans have been able to move past it a lot easier because of our unique history. 

47 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

What choice do they have?

They (using the term Russians loosely, for you all know what I'm referring to here) can either double down on their support, or pull it and have to deal with whatever Team D comes up with in 2020, which from a sanction front, might get a bit sticky.

The Russians are much like Trump in this deal.  They supported a candidate, and to their surprise, he won.  He ran for a presidency, and to his surprise, he won.  Be careful of what you wish for and all that.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

50 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The biggest takeaway from this article and “new” development.

“A report prepared for the Senate that provides the most sweeping analysis yet of Russia’s disinformation campaign around the 2016 election found the operation used every major social media platform to deliver words, images and videos tailored to voters’ interests to help elect President Trump — and worked even harder to support him while in office.

That should not go under appreciated.  I said from the beginning that the Russian attack wasn’t just about the election.  It is an ongoing and sustained attack that our president CHOSE to ignore because it benefited him while hurting America.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tuco said:

He thinks economics is a zero sum game.

A lot of things (all?) are of a transaction nature to Trump. He favors bilateral deals so that he can win. Of course, he doesn't usually win. But he just wants to beat the other guy, not be part of a larger group (NAFTA) that helps all parties.

He's a very large piece of shit. As are those who support him. 

Deplorables? HRC was being diplomatic when using that term.

Yesterday and today the various programs are doing the inventory of all the Trump areas subject to investigation, the list getting nice and long.

Back in the work days, had to do quite a bit with portfolio thinking.  Not in the finance world, but in the decision science world.  It is a nerdy pleasure to now percieve that Trump is getting good and fucked by the central limit theorem.

1 minute ago, NBMisha said:

Yesterday and today the various programs are doing the inventory of all the Trump areas subject to investigation, the list getting nice and long.

Back in the work days, had to do quite a bit with portfolio thinking.  Not in the finance world, but in the decision science world.  It is a nerdy pleasure to now percieve that Trump is getting good and fucked by the central limit theorem.

Sounds like you’re retired...given your free time, I’d love for you to expand on whatever you’re talking about...genuinely curious what you mean.

1 hour ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

It helps to have a separate identity I think.  Texas gets to do the whole “own country” thing, Alamo, cowboys and Indians etc.   our self image isnt paired with or tied to anyone else’s. Whereas there’s no such thing as a Mississippi image alone. There’s nothing unique about their history so nothing that they see about themselves is not tied to or found in other states around them. I think that naturally makes them think of themselves as part of that group — ie the confederacy. 

We were just as guilty as the rest of them in the 1860s of being a bunch of traitors, but Texans have been able to move past it a lot easier because of our unique history. 

Texas fought for its own independence and has the right to be its own brand.  I've always considered it where the West began.

• Like 1

Today on “The Jim Bakker Show,” self-proclaimed “prophet” Jeremiah Johnson delivered a warning from God that the church must pray for President Trump as he tightens his “iron grasp” on America to ensure that he remains humble and can “fulfill the purposes of God in our nation.”

“I had another series of dreams recently about Donald Trump, about an iron grasp that he had on the liberal agenda in America,” Johnson said. “God was really gonna use him to squeeze out some things that needed to come out.”

“But also, it was a word of warning,” he added. “That grip was so tight that it worried some people. I felt like in the dream that maybe even pride could become a factor in the days ahead; that the church needs to be praying that the Lord has anointed Trump, he has given him kind of this authority in the nation, but sometimes when we grow successful, we can grow prideful. I just think that it’s real important that the church prays for Trump, that as his grip tightens on the nation, that good things come because of it.”

Johnson went on the declare that the president needs to be surrounded by “a Daniel company” of Christians who can “help Trump stay humble” and “make sure that he is really walking in godliness,” recounting an “encounter” he claims to have had in which he “saw a baby with the face of Donald Trump being taken into a nursery at a church.”

In the nursery, Johnson claimed that he saw an older woman rocking this “baby Donald Trump” while singing a song that said, “Donald, you have a crooked way in you, but through the intercession of the church, God is going to change you.”

Yes, Donald Trump has been anointed by God,” Johnson said.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/prophet-jeremiah-johnson-prays-that-good-things-happen-as-trumps-grip-tightens-on-the-nation/

This is the mentality that some people have. Of course, for all we know, Jerimiah doesn't believe any of these things, but is just using this persona to make money. Which makes it worse. 

3 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Pelosi should just tell Dotard they want to look at his plan and build from there.  Dems already had a plan that was implemented and was taken apart.  Now, it's the other side's turn to produce one or bear the blowback. 

Yep. Republicans have backed themselves into a corner on healthcare. If they don't get it right, they run the risk of losing the Senate and the White House.

Healthcare is going to be the biggest issue in 2020.

Edited by David Dennison

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Yep. Republicans have backed themselves into a corner on healthcare. If they don't get it right, they run the risk of ceding both houses of Congress and the White House in 2020.

Healthcare is going to be the biggest issue in 2020.

That's what Chuck posted in the graphic of Meet the Press.  It was double the next issue.  They done f'd up.