Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

This presidency is a dumpster fire. Kill it, kill it dead. Make it go away. Give it the death penalty. 

Trump killed 5 hookers today. Just today. 5 stories in a row all too much to bear.

Shut down

Wall

SEC of defense

Market Crash

And GREEN ACRES TWEET!

38 minutes ago, yoladu said:

So in 6 weeks time.

1) The US Attorney General is fired,

2) the Secretary of Interior resigns in scandal,

3) the WH Chief of Staff is no longer talking to the President and says adios, 

4) the Secretary of Defense calls is fed up with the recklessness of the CiC and quits, and

5) The Sec. of Commerce lied about his stock holdings, so his resignation is eminen

***oh, yeah, his former National Security Advisor, his long time personal lawyer, and his former 2016 Campaign Manager are all convicted felons.

all normal?

You left out the news that Russia was communicating with the US Treasury via Gmail to obtain info on Hillary, and other Dems.

Edited by DixonHur

4 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

bartolo-colon.gif?w=636&h=351

You had me right up to here, and then you lost me.  It wasn't consensual.  Even she now realizes that.

?????? 

In her own words: 

She writes that she regrets her affair with Mr. Clinton, but says the popular view that the president pressured her into it is wrong.

“Sure, my boss took advantage of me,” she writes, “but I will always remain firm on this point: it was a consensual relationship. Any ‘abuse’ came in the aftermath, when I was made a scapegoat in order to protect his powerful position.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/07/us/politics/monica-lewinsky-breaks-silence-about-affair-with-bill-clinton.html

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

?????? 

In her own words: 

She writes that she regrets her affair with Mr. Clinton, but says the popular view that the president pressured her into it is wrong.

“Sure, my boss took advantage of me,” she writes, “but I will always remain firm on this point: it was a consensual relationship. Any ‘abuse’ came in the aftermath, when I was made a scapegoat in order to protect his powerful position.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/07/us/politics/monica-lewinsky-breaks-silence-about-affair-with-bill-clinton.html

You might want to use a more recent reference:

Now, at 44, I’m beginning (just beginning) to consider the implications of the power differentials that were so vast between a president and a White House intern. I’m beginning to entertain the notion that in such a circumstance the idea of consent might well be rendered moot. (Although power imbalances—and the ability to abuse them—do exist even when the sex has been consensual.)

But it’s also complicated. Very, very complicated. The dictionary definition of “consent”? “To give permission for something to happen.” And yet what did the “something” mean in this instance, given the power dynamics, his position, and my age? Was the “something” just about crossing a line of sexual (and later emotional) intimacy? (An intimacy I wanted—with a 22-year-old’s limited understanding of the consequences.) He was my boss. He was the most powerful man on the planet. He was 27 years my senior, with enough life experience to know better. He was, at the time, at the pinnacle of his career, while I was in my first job out of college. (Note to the trolls, both Democratic and Republican: none of the above excuses me for my responsibility for what happened. I meet Regret every day.)

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/02/monica-lewinsky-in-the-age-of-metoo

Thread drift over.

42 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I might find all this more humorous if my retirement account hadn’t lost so much the last couple months due to this bullshittery.  

That’s ok. Need a good controlled burn every once in a while. As long as retirement wasn’t imminent you’ll be fine. 

Back to the subject though, the more I think about it, seems to me that the Syria/Afghanistan news combined with the Rosenstein China PC signals a shift of resources and attention to China.  

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

That’s ok. Need a good controlled burn every once in a while. As long as retirement wasn’t imminent you’ll be fine. 

Back to the subject though, the more I think about it, seems to me that the Syria/Afghanistan news combined with the Rosenstein China PC signals a shift of resources and attention to China.  

Bwahahahahaha. This wasn't thought out. There is no "plan." Tomorrow he'll call it off. Or maybe not. He doesn't know yet.  

13 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/02/monica-lewinsky-in-the-age-of-metoo

Thread drift over.

(An intimacy I wanted—with a 22-year-old’s limited understanding of the consequences.) He was my boss. He was the most powerful man on the planet. He was 27 years my senior, with enough life experience to know better. He was, at the time, at the pinnacle of his career, while I was in my first job out of college. (Note to the trolls, both Democratic and Republican: none of the above excuses me for my responsibility for what happened. I meet Regret every day.)

Agree to disagree. And yes, let's get back to America's hindenburg moment. 

4 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

So, pull out 2,000 troops from Syria to......checks notes....go to war with China. You might be on to something there man. Are you Q? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pancho Negro said:

The wheels may be coming off.

That's like looking at the radar with Katrina right off the coast and saying, "we may get a little wet."

This whole thing is so amazingly fucked.

It may actually be fun to watch a history restrospective on all of this, once we know that it didn't actually end the world as we know it.

• Like 5

Russian oligarch I monitor on twitter seems to think the Eric Prince private army in Afganistan deal is back on. 

He has a remarkable record of predicting Trump White House developments in advance. 

This is from yesterday (or two days ago Russia time).

Translation:

The total number of US soldiers in the country has exceeded 13,000 people. However, this did not give visible results. I think that maintaining the status quo in Afghanistan does not make sense and soon @realDonaldTrump reiterated one exotic idea that was introduced last year.

This is the plan of Eric Prince, who introduced him to the White House. Prince - the founder of the famous private military corporation Blackwaters 💀 enter administration @realDonaldTrump . His sister Betsy DeVos is the current Minister of Education. 

Curious to see if this turns out to be true.