Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

47 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

If Mattis had any honor he would have resigned over the border deployment  - what was it called? Operation ENDURING PATRIOT WARRIOR ENDURING DEFENSE OF FREEDOM LIBERTY BORDERS?  That guy sucks.  He was taking six figure checks to advocate for Elizabeth Holmes' con operation that committed massive fraud.

20 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

My second favorite member of the house. 

16 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I’m getting tired of people sucking off these shitheads just because they aren’t as bad as Bannon, Miller, Gorka, etc.  Every fucking one of them should burn in hell for aiding and abetting dotard’s recklessness.  Fuck all of them.

Once again, we vilify the people in the administration when they stand up for what they believe in. 

Do you not see how this is counterproductive? 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

23 minutes ago, American Swindle said:

I for one don't care the way Trump did it, many neo-cons and neo-libs are getting the message loud and clear that the people and the troops don't want war in Syria. 

enough people like you having stupid ideas and not caring about how they get done is exactly why we are where we are

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Dems, a few days ago: "Oh man Pelosi really killed him. He said it was his shutdown and he wouldn't blame the Dems. Wow, what a masterclass. Slay, queen! I'm buying one of those coats!"

Trump: "It's a Democrat Shutdown."

Dems:

giphy.gif

This is the Limbaugh Coulter Schumer Pelosi Trump Mattis Shutdown.

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I don’t understand. You think he won’t politically pay any consequences for this wall bullshit?  Or the fact that all of his foreign policy actions happen to align with Russian goals? Or the economy unraveling? Or the several investigations into crime/fraud/tax evasion/emoluments currently under way?  Ok. Cool take. 

Just now, Pig Bellmont said:

I don’t understand. You think he won’t politically pay any consequences for this wall bullshit?  Or the fact that all of his foreign policy actions happen to align with Russian goals? Or the economy unraveling? Or the several investigations into crime/fraud/tax evasion/emoluments currently under way?  Ok. Cool take. 

What are "political consequences" that Trump cares about? Serious question.

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The three people in the administration I couldn’t catch in a lie to the public were McMaster, Mattis, and Tillerson.  

Sure they had some spin and I didn’t necessarily agree with all their administrative decisions but they preserved their integrity.

cen-trist gar-bage

*clap* *clap* *clap*-*clap*-*clap*

cen-trist gar-bage

*clap* *clap* *clap*-*clap*-*clap*

Media coverage 

So we have a guy who commits international crimes, tax crimes... all the crimes. He lies about everything all the time. He becomes president and uses that office to pay himself in contracts. He's a big racist in public and commits even more crimes.

And his comeuppance is going to be... negative press... that will maintain his fame and notoriety?

LOL OK BUD

6 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Because your way of sucking them off and applauding the likes of Comey, Flake, etc is working so well?  Get that weak shit out of here.

ReadyWealthyJackrabbit-size_restricted.g

Maybe because I’m a pragmatist and not an emotional butthurt bitch. 

We need more people to stand up from the inside.  Applauding those that do encourages others to follow.  

Attacking the people that take a stand makes the situation worse. 

Congrats on being part of the problem.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 2

^^ So uppity - Trumpkins

7 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

What are "political consequences" that Trump cares about? Serious question.

He has to obey Putin (and I guess Erdogan too) b/c of kompromat.

He wants Rush, Coulter, Kilmeade, Ingraham, Dobbs, etc. to say nice things about him. 

That's it.

Edited by retread

31 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

My second favorite member of the house. 

Great, another member of Congress who doesn't understand geopolitics. 

Yes, it is true that we should never have entered the conflict in Syria.  But Obama backed himself into a corner with the "red line" comment, and so here we are.  And no, that's not a "but Obama"...I thought Obama was a great president overall, but...wait for it...he did make some mistakes (gasp) and that was one of them.  Of course, the policy mistakes that led to it started way before any of us were born, but we are where we are and need to make decisions going forward based on the reality, not the fantasy.

We can't just cede our global influence to Russia, and leave our allies (who we've twice promised to protect) to be slaughtered because we have a toddler in the White House.  Again, a good rule of thumb is that if Putin likes it, it's bad for the US.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The three people in the administration I couldn’t catch in a lie to the public were McMaster, Mattis, and Tillerson.  

Sure they had some spin and I didn’t necessarily agree with all their administrative decisions but they preserved their integrity.

McMaster defended Trump giving up classified info to the Russian ambassador in the White House.  Trump basically called Tillerson a stupid, lazy fuck and fired him via twitter while Tillerson was pinching one off on the shitter.

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

We need more people to stand up from the inside.  Applauding those that do encourages others to follow.  

Tucking tail and running away is not standing up.  It’s cowardice and should be attacked.

1 minute ago, Fozzz said:

Hillary argued during the 2016 election that we should institute a no-fly zone in Syria which would have meant shooting down Russian planes.  She's a fucking nut.  

And trump is just doing what turkey and russia are asking him to do. Much better, right?

Not saying the no fly zone was in any way a good idea - it would have led to open fighting which is bad - but don't "but hillary" me here. Trump is making the US a bitch on the international stage and setting back our foreign policy levers of power by decades. We're gonna be double plus fucked when the GOP gets around to finding its spine and it stops propping up this fucking sunsetting angry orange.

Just now, Fudge Nuggets said:

McMaster defended Trump giving up classified info to the Russian ambassador in the White House.

Wrong.  McMaster blew the whistle and made it a publicly known fact that it happened.

Trump couldn’t fake news that away and the Russians couldn’t use that breach as kompromat.

If McMaster wasn’t in the room, we would have probably never known Trump leaked classified information to the Russians.

Just imagine what else we don’t know.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Hugo, you're actually the one that gets emotional about this shit. 

The inside is rotted and filled with corruption.  "Taking a stand" after months/years of allowing Trump to get away with whatever he wants is not worthy of applause in any way. At all. If anything, it's proof that these people are concerned only with their own interests. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Wrong.  McMaster blew the whistle and made it a publicly known fact that it happened.

Trump couldn’t fake news that away and the Russians couldn’t use that breach as kompromat.

If McMaster wasn’t in the room, we would have probably never known Trump leaked classified information to the Russians.

Just imagine what else we don’t know.

Ok, Chief.

McMaster again took the lead in defending the president, declaring in a press statement that the story “as reported is false,” which he claimed to know because he was in the room with Trump and the Russians. He also said that “at no time were intelligence sources or methods discussed” in the meeting, which denied a charge not actually made in a Washinton Post article. This is a classic non-denial denial, intended to mislead.

By the next morning, Trump had torpedoed McMaster’s credibility when he took to Twitter and tacitly confirmed the story’s veracity by noting that he had an “absolute right” to share classified information with the Russians.

Just now, Celery Man said:

hey, big brain rational adult guys who definitely aren't crybabies - is it your position that people here are upset because we love having troops in Syria?

Some here are upset because Trump is bad and an idiot and they are genuinely disturbed by his breaches of decorum and tradition.

With regard to their positions on Syria, they don't actually have any. They don't know or care what's going on there aside from how it plays into their very narrow vision of domestic politics. So from their perspective, it's bad to pull out of Syria because it wasn't done properly (with everyone going through the proper channels and getting agreements and shaking hands in front of cameras). It has nothing to do with Syria itself. It's pantomime and theater.

If the military establishment had said, "stay out of Syria" and Trump said, "We're going in!" on his own the exact same people would be just as angry.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SquishMitten said:

Playing devils advocate real quick... did we convince the Kurds to start fighting? Or did we lend support after they made the decision on their own? If leaving now is cold-blooded, would it have been better to have never given any support in the first place?

ISIS forced their hand when they took over Mosul after the US withdrawal. The caliphate got into Kurdistan and was gaining territory quickly so peshmerga did what they do and fought. Some time after they started we realized that they were our best bet for defeating ISIS and we teamed up with them giving them money, arms and training. When Trump or Obama say "we defeated ISIS" they are full of shit. The Kurds defeated ISIS. Sure there were others that helped, but the Kurds did the heavy lifting especially in Mosul and Raqqa. 

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Great, another member of Congress who doesn't understand geopolitics. 

Yes, it is true that we should never have entered the conflict in Syria.  But Obama backed himself into a corner with the "red line" comment, and so here we are.  And no, that's not a "but Obama"...I thought Obama was a great president overall, but...wait for it...he did make some mistakes (gasp) and that was one of them.  Of course, the policy mistakes that led to it started way before any of us were born, but we are where we are and need to make decisions going forward based on the reality, not the fantasy.

We can't just cede our global influence to Russia, and leave our allies (who we've twice promised to protect) to be slaughtered because we have a toddler in the White House.  Again, a good rule of thumb is that if Putin likes it, it's bad for the US.

What are you talking about?  Regime change in Syria is dead letter now.  While the Obama admin's CIA program to arm Islamic fundamentalists in Syria certainly prolonged the civil war and led to many unnecessary deaths, it failed at destroying Assad's regime.  We are currently occupying Northern Syria because that's where Syria's oil fields are located.