Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

38 minutes ago, retread said:

There is no amount of bad karma that will be too much when it catches him.

Won’t happen, but if he, Eric, Don Jr, Ivanka, and Jared, possibly Melania, went to prison, or at least ended up on probation or whatever, while Barron and Tiff missed out on the shenanigans, it would burn him up.

All tweeting and no golf makes Donny a dull boy

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 24, 2018

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Their 12-year old son must be heartbroken to miss out on that stilted holiday photo op.

Either A. someone exercises good judgement by keeping Barron well clear of this shitshow or B. the kid is the wisest of them all and decided that himself.  I'm leaning toward B. Barron is Buddha.

No one has ever been more certain to grow up to be an asshole than Barron Trump. Bank on it. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Won’t happen, but if he, Eric, Don Jr, Ivanka, and Jared, possibly Melania, went to prison, or at least ended up on probation or whatever, while Barron and Tiff missed out on the shenanigans, it would burn him up.

Don't forget his fraudulent sister judge.

22 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

The next time Trump understands the topic he's speaking about will be the first.

Maybe if someone asks him how to cover-up an affair, launder money for Russians, or make a necktie hang four inches too low he'll be able to share some wisdom that at least makes sense.

Edited by TexArcher

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It’s amazing what openly attacking the Fed chair will do.
I mean, all of it is really fucking bad, but still, it’s amazing what it does.

Finally, we have someone with the balls to do it!

And we know that there is no way he would set up a quiet deal with some rich out of town oligarchs to set off a sure market decline so they could all sell short,* don't we?

Hmmm. Surely his Mar-al-Lago cabinet didn't get some say in this when they weren't fleecing the Defense Department.

I predict that there may be a new investigation into market manipulation. If you knew for certain that the market would fall like it has, wouldn't you be able to turn a buck or a million with that knowledge?

I'm guessing Trump was finessed into attacking the Fed or is in on the returns from this. He no longer gets the benefit of any doubt. He should be hung in a gilt birdcage from the top of a renamed Trump Tower for the rest of his life.

*I think I have the concept right. I'm no investor genius.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It’s amazing what openly attacking the Fed chair will do.
I mean, all of it is really fucking bad, but still, it’s amazing what it does.

I'm wondering if there might be more to it.  

There is a lot of messaging that sounds similar to the Enron crash or the housing crash.  "No, no, no...the fundamentals are strong.  It's just people getting panicky about something out of context."  I mean, this spat with the Fed will pass.  The government will reopen.  If I trusted everything was fundamentally cool, now would be an awesome time to slide my chips onto the table.  And there are a bunch of people with a bunch more money and expertise than I...and the DJIA still dropped almost 3% today.  Look at the DJIA for the year: the max was Oct 3.  Since then, it's been three steps back, two steps forward.  A lot of volatility, and a general trend down.  The Nasdaq has had less volatility, but similar with a general bouncy trip down since Oct 3.  (The year max was end of August for Nasdaq.)  I'm not a broker.  I don't dig into company earning reports or economic figures, but there is definitely something making investors nervous.  I think they are just waiting for the trigger.  Maybe that's the shutdown or the spat with the Fed.  But those aren't the reasons. 

I'm wondering if there might be more to it.  
There is a lot of messaging that sounds similar to the Enron crash or the housing crash.  "No, no, no...the fundamentals are strong.  It's just people getting panicky about something out of context."  I mean, this spat with the Fed will pass.  The government will reopen.  If I trusted everything was fundamentally cool, now would be an awesome time to slide my chips onto the table.  And there are a bunch of people with a bunch more money and expertise than I...and the DJIA still dropped almost 3% today.  Look at the DJIA for the year: the max was Oct 3.  Since then, it's been three steps back, two steps forward.  A lot of volatility, and a general trend down.  The Nasdaq has had less volatility, but similar with a general bouncy trip down since Oct 3.  (The year max was end of August for Nasdaq.)  I'm not a broker.  I don't dig into company earning reports or economic figures, but there is definitely something making investors nervous.  I think they are just waiting for the trigger.  Maybe that's the shutdown or the spat with the Fed.  But those aren't the reasons. 

Down 2.9% for the day. Add another 6.8% drop last week. Nearly 10% in just over a week. And Mnuchin calling banks is (predictably) received as “wait, what the fuck does he know that has him worried?” And trump warring with the Fed. And shutdowns. And tariffs. And “tax relief” that accomplished nothing except fueling a record deficit. If you were to write a plan for royally fucking up an economy, it would look a lot like this.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

According to my pet Trumpkins on FB, this is all the fault of Democrats and the wealthy elite jews who are mad we aren't fighting their proxy war in the ME any longer. Only his lord and savior Trump has the stones to stand up to the evil jew cabel. 

I have pet Trumpkins on FB, too.  The thing that really gets me is when Trump will do something that’s pretty standard for a President, like give a speech or meet a foreign dignitary, and these fuckers post pictures of him doing these mundane presidential things along with words to the effect that they are “proud” of him.  WTF?  Never mind how low they set the bar.  What kind of asshole feels pride becayse a politician did something?  That’s fucking weird, and they should feel bad about themselves for being so weird.

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Down 2.9% for the day. Add another 6.8% drop last week. Nearly 10% in just over a week. And Mnuchin calling banks is (predictably) received as “wait, what the fuck does he know that has him worried?” And trump warring with the Fed. And shutdowns. And tariffs. And “tax relief” that accomplished nothing except fueling a record deficit. If you were to write a plan for royally fucking up an economy, it would look a lot like this.

Yep.  And the funny thing is that most of the fundamentals for the market look really good. 

It's almost as if the idiot-in-chief wants a controlled burn now instead of in 2019, when a negative prior year could be used against him in 2020. 

I doubt he's thought of anything like that, of course.  He's just really this incompetent.  Any freshman Econ major understands this stuff better than the president.

7 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

According to my pet Trumpkins on FB, this is all the fault of Democrats and the wealthy elite jews who are mad we aren't fighting their proxy war in the ME any longer. Only his lord and savior Trump has the stones to stand up to the evil jew cabel. 

I'm anticipating a Ben Garrison cartoon depicting this in 3...2...1

5 minutes ago, Chooky said:

He needs to apply tariffs from state to state now.  It'd be a great way for him to apply pressure to the states who elect asshole politicians he doesn't like.  Wanna be a smartass, California?  Watch this.  Fuck you too, Rhode Island.  

That's exactly what he and the GOP Congress attempted to do when they reduced SALT tax deductions.

• Like 1