Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

42 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

I have pet Trumpkins on FB, too.  The thing that really gets me is when Trump will do something that’s pretty standard for a President, like give a speech or meet a foreign dignitary, and these fuckers post pictures of him doing these mundane presidential things along with words to the effect that they are “proud” of him.  WTF?  Never mind how low they set the bar.  What kind of asshole feels pride becayse a politician did something?  That’s fucking weird, and they should feel bad about themselves for being so weird.

My favorite is the "You won't see this reported on the Main Stream Media..." posts.  Yeah, the President signed a farm bill.  Most presidents do.  And there were news stories, but not that many people care because it's entirely expected.  It's legitimately a bigger story when the President attacktweets the Chairman of the Federal Reserve and/or lead diplomats in charge of combatting ISIL.  Because that's not expected, and, well, a bit crazy.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

i Seem to recall an old trump interview or article where he openly admitted that he did very little trading in stocks as he put all of his money in real estate.   From the 90s or 00s.   

Lost it all, too.  Had he simply taken his inheritance and put it all in an S&P Index Fund, he'd be 10 times richer than he is today.

Great businessman, I'm told.

50 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

I have pet Trumpkins on FB, too.  The thing that really gets me is when Trump will do something that’s pretty standard for a President, like give a speech or meet a foreign dignitary, and these fuckers post pictures of him doing these mundane presidential things along with words to the effect that they are “proud” of him.  WTF?  Never mind how low they set the bar.  What kind of asshole feels pride becayse a politician did something?  That’s fucking weird, and they should feel bad about themselves for being so weird.

I had three on my feed that posted that Trump was the first president to have ever spoken at the Naval Academy.  (He had just given the graduation speech.)  They slurped that up with no critical thought at all.  

5 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

DvNMBTnVAAAUFDf.jpg

She should have thought of that before using a personal email account, amiright?

2 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Soybean farmers can pay their bills with liberal tears.

Actually they're paying their bills with our tax dollars.  

Edited by DixonHur

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

I'm guessing Trump was finessed into attacking the Fed or is in on the returns from this. He no longer gets the benefit of any doubt. He should be hung in a gilt birdcage from the top of a renamed Trump Tower for the rest of his life.

Actually, it's more simple than that:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-12-14/trump-cost-from-fed-rate-hikes-may-already-top-5-million-a-year

Every time the Fed raises rates, Trump’s payments on some $340 million in variable-rate loans go up. Since his January 2017 inauguration, the Fed’s steady rate hikes may have added a cumulative $5.1 million a year to his debt service costs, according to a Bloomberg News analysis of the president’s financial disclosures and property records.

If Federal Reserve officials raise interest rates by another quarter percentage point when they meet Dec. 18-19, as investors expect, make that $6 million per year.

Trump’s interest payments are tied to variable-rate mortgages he took out from Deutsche Bank between 2012 and 2015 to develop a golf course outside Miami and hotels in Washington and Chicago. At the time, the Fed’s rates were near zero, and Trump paid a small margin above that.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

My Trumpist family on FB are radio silent.  A couple of military veterans I know that have been Trumpkins have shared this:

il_fullxfull.1130976398_eb85.jpg

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Oh, we’re not doing another Summit with Kim.  There’s no reason for one now from lil’ Kim’s perspective.  

Other than that dotus has shown complete fealty, ignorance, and gullibility to dictators.  Why not go for the US removing all troops from the Korean peninsula?

2 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Yep.  And the funny thing is that most of the fundamentals for the market look really good. 

It's almost as if the idiot-in-chief wants a controlled burn now instead of in 2019, when a negative prior year could be used against him in 2020. 

I doubt he's thought of anything like that, of course.  He's just really this incompetent.  Any freshman Econ major understands this stuff better than the president.

Funny, I just saw a Wall Steeter on MSNBC saying the timing couldn’t be better for TRump as the market will have recovered by 2020. 

2 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

According to my pet Trumpkins on FB, this is all the fault of Democrats and the wealthy elite jews who are mad we aren't fighting their proxy war in the ME any longer. Only his lord and savior Trump has the stones to stand up to the evil jew cabel. 

Rather ironic that the only advisor he'll listen to is...a jew. 

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

So many Trump foreign policy fuck ups in 2018 but the one that hurt the most IMO was the North Korea Summit because he gave them everything for absolutely nothing.  

Pulling out of the Iran deal was a mistake too but that can be fixed over time.

Yes, I suppose you could pick one thing.  But overall the main issue is respect... we were respected.  We may not have been liked but we had much of the world's respect.  It's going to take a while to get that back.  What a fucking buffoon.  I look forward to spitting on his grave when he goes under.  It can't happen fast enough. 

2 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I had three on my feed that posted that Trump was the first president to have ever spoken at the Naval Academy.  (He had just given the graduation speech.)  They slurped that up with no critical thought at all.  

I'm gonna guess, with no research whatsoever, that almost every sitting President since the founding of the Naval Academy has spoken there.  Maybe a few missed.

From @hoarsewhisperer

I’ve watched a profound narcissist suffer a complete psychological break.

Today’s Trump tweets remind me of that spiral.

Since a few asked, where that spiral goes (before I go run my last Xmas errands):

Increasingly irrational, utter rejection of facts and reality, spirals down into fully believing a fictitious personal narrative, says increasingly bonkers things, shuffles their inner circle.

It’s just a lot of unhinged, manic-feeling delusion and outbursts.

They can’t handle reality and construct an increasingly fictitious version in their heads: they aren’t failing; they’re winning - and people are just trying to hurt them.

It’s just sheer delusion - blurted out.

The more people try to confront them with reality, the more unhinged their insistence that it doesn’t exist.

People nearby see that the train has left the station.

It’s something to see. The last glimmer of ability to think rationally has gone out.

They fold in on themselves.

It doesn’t improve until the person has been pulled out of the situation where they are being subjected to public shame.

With Trump, they could distract or condone him off from the news but I don’t see how they could do that effectively.

More likely this spiral continues...

...alternating between speeding up and slowing down... seems to stabilize and then accelerate...

...until the vast majority of onlookers are staring wide-eyed, realizing what they’re seeing is a person who has entirely “lost it”.

I’m not worried abt him starting a war.

I’m concerned about the possibility he might melt down just fast enough to do more crazy sh** like pulling troops out of Syria while not going over a cliff so fast that enough for people to unanimously realize he needs to be stripped of power.

A full implosion would be less bad.

The most damaging part of the narc meltdown I lived through was the descent not the bottom.

You can do a lot of bad things and get a lot of people to help you when you’re on the way down but they don’t see it.

Just gotta watch from here. A slight stabilizing wouldn’t help...

If I had my choice, I’d rather he fell entirely apart in an unhinged nosedive quickly than slowly spiraled earthward while doing damaging things on the way.

The latter is really unfun to live through.

Either way, we’ll live. Just a matter of how long and bumpy the ride will be.

• Like 1