Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

1 hour ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

If anyone else in that room posted a picture without faces blurred and the location obscured they'd be up for a court-martial.

Yep, but even if the President wants to post a selfie while holding up classified documents, that is his right.  elections have consequences.  Social media posts now outweigh military safety. 

Would be interesting to know if facial identification software with FB or Google would be able to identify the soldiers in the photos.  I'm not implying that someone should do that and publicly post the info, but we're basically there were you can take photos of strangers and have social media ID them.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

25 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Yep, but even if the President wants to post a selfie while holding up classified documents, that is his right.  elections have consequences.  Social media posts now outweigh military safety. 

Would be interesting to know if facial identification software with FB or Google would be able to identify the soldiers in the photos.  I'm not implying that someone should do that and publicly post the info, but we're basically there were you can take photos of strangers and have social media ID them.

Exposing special ops members to own the libs

58 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

CBSNews:

Politicians from both sides of Iraq's political divide are calling on parliament to vote to expel U.S. troops. Approximately 5,000 U.S. troops are stationed in Iraq as part of the coalition against the Islamic State of Syria and Iraq (ISIS) group. 

Foreign influence has become a hot-button issue in a year that saw supporters of populist cleric Moqtada al-Sadr win the largest share of votes in May elections. Al-Sadr has called for curbing U.S. and Iranian involvement in Iraqi affairs. 

Mr. Trump spent three hours at a U.S. air base meeting with American troops on an unannounced visit Wednesday. He left without meeting any Iraqi officials. 

Lawmakers decried the visit as arrogant and a violation of Iraqi sovereignty.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/after-trump-visit-iraqi-lawmakers-demand-u-s-withdrawal/

this is not a small thing.

but it is in this administration, which seems to rack up all the small things which used to be big things but aren't any longer because there are so fucking many of them.

fucking hell, what a buffoon.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The funny part of this is they figure they are deserving of heaven.  They are god's chosen ones.   I was going through the channels yesterday and there was actually a program called the Prosperity Message or some such.  Advice on how to live prosperously as a christian.   Mind bottling shit there. 

15 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

So the dotard is fully ramping up against Pelosi and making her the ultimate enemy.  It will work on his base for sure.

Are you under the impression that Trump's base currently has a favorable impression of Pelosi? She was cited in every GOP midterm election as the reason to vote GOP. Nobody gave a fuck and the GOP got routed.

14 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

We all know how this shutdown is going to end: Donald Trump isn't going to get money for the wall, but he's going to say that he got money for the wall.

Yup

27 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

We all know how this shutdown is going to end: Donald Trump isn't going to get money for the wall, but he's going to say that he got money for the wall.

Govt shutdowns always have to end at some point, where both sides have to compromise.  McConnell and Pelosi will have to come up with some plan to give Trump some amount of money for some type of wall, but McConnell will give up something else.    

But then again Trump has to get approval from Rush and Coulter.  If Trump is giving up something that they are opposed, they may convince Trump to say no.

31 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Are you under the impression that Trump's base currently has a favorable impression of Pelosi? She was cited in every GOP midterm election as the reason to vote GOP. Nobody gave a fuck and the GOP got routed.

Of course not.  It's just horribly transparent that his only play is to reinforce this over and over.  Old, white woman telling them what to do.  BUT HER EMAILS!

Representatives that oversees the entire financial services industry, including the securities, insurance, banking and housing industries. The Financial Services Committee also oversees the work of the Federal Reserve, the United States Department of the Treasury, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and other financial services regulators. It is currently chaired by Republican Jeb Hensarling from Texas;

watersmaxine_072517gn5_lead.jpg?itok=UeB

its Ranking Member is Democrat Maxine Waters from California. Waters has been elected as chair of the committee, and will assume office on January 3rd 2019.

This should be fun for Trump. 

22 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

its Ranking Member is Democrat Maxine Waters from California. Waters has been elected as chair of the committee, and will assume office on January 3rd 2019.

It will be fun for Limbaugh and his buddies. She's the perfect candidate for their winkingly racist condemnations of the Dems. She's perfect for the opposition and will bind Trump's base closer to him. Sad.

I'm not saying that the Dems should care about the deplorables. They should not install Waters unless she is a good candidate for the job. I assume she is. She will be under the microscope.

No doubt that Trump's base loves to hate on anyone browner than the background of my post.  It's who they are, angry because... well... my situation has to be somebody's fault and I can visually identify non-whites. So yes Maxine Waters is a perfect one to demonize.  The main thing she has to do is NOT be a fucking grandstander.  Just let the committee do it's job and be a fair moderator.  Will this happen?  I doubt it because... well... Maxine Waters...

I have little doubt that the most corrupt President in our lifetimes will have plenty of illegality that will be brought to light over time.  But having it brought forward calmly without histrionics would be the best outcome for the Dems and the worst outcome for The Prez and the GOP.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, horn4life said:

No doubt that Trump's base loves to hate on anyone browner than the background of my post.  It's who they are, angry because... well... my situation has to be somebody's fault and I can visually identify non-whites. So yes Maxine Waters is a perfect one to demonize.  The main thing she has to do is NOT be a fucking grandstander.  Just let the committee do it's job and be a fair moderator.  Will this happen?  I doubt it because... well... Maxine Waters...

I have little doubt that the most corrupt President in our lifetimes will have plenty of illegality that will be brought to light over time.  But having it brought forward calmly without histrionics would be the best outcome for the Dems and the worst outcome for The Prez and the GOP.

Just imagine how the Republicans would behave if the roles were reversed.  They would be screaming from every corner of the capital with their hair on fire and they would be right to do so.

Now tell me again how Maxine Waters grandstanding is going to be a real problem.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Govt shutdowns always have to end at some point, where both sides have to compromise.  McConnell and Pelosi will have to come up with some plan to give Trump some amount of money for some type of wall, but McConnell will give up something else.    

But then again Trump has to get approval from Rush and Coulter.  If Trump is giving up something that they are opposed, they may convince Trump to say no.

This is how it would work in normal times.  But recall that Trump shoots himself in the dick on the reg.  So,  I'm laughing over here.

53 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Representatives that oversees the entire financial services industry, including the securities, insurance, banking and housing industries. The Financial Services Committee also oversees the work of the Federal Reserve, the United States Department of the Treasury, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and other financial services regulators. It is currently chaired by Republican Jeb Hensarling from Texas;

prepare-your-anus_o_1169339.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

I don’t know about Pelosi this time. Obama would have compromised, because as a matter of principle he viewed compromise as something with intrinsic value. Pelosi does not. She appears to be much more motivated by the retention and expansion.of leverage.

So why should she compromise in this situation? She’s holding all the cards.

If I’m her, my “ compromise” offer is for the house to pass the continuing resolution that the senate unanimously passed, plus a deal on DACA.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The Democrats are not going to agree to appropriate money for the wall. The Donald will get money for border security. Probably $1.3 billion.

There is no political incentive for Democrats to give him a penny more. The president is losing this battle politically and the Democrats know it.

Edited by David Dennison

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

She's been chairperson of almost every committee, why not this one?!?!?  It's historic and she has experience but she's 80 years old, how about some newer blood?

22 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

If I’m her, my “ compromise” offer is for the house to pass the continuing resolution that the senate unanimously passed, plus a deal on DACA.

Shit, if I was her I would invite McConnell to my kids communion party on Lake Tahoe to discuss things, and I would pay Robert Duvall to attend and sit by my side during these negotiations.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

She's been chairperson of almost every committee, why not this one?!?!?  It's historic and she has experience but she's 80 years old, how about some newer blood?

I'm not a fan of the House process where you slowly move up the committee rankings over 4 decades.     

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I don’t know about Pelosi this time. Obama would have compromised, because as a matter of principle he viewed compromise as something with intrinsic value. Pelosi does not. She appears to be much more motivated by the retention and expansion.of leverage.

This.  

Trump has foolishly made this -- and every other thing he does -- a zero-sum game.  The problem with zero-sum games is that once the other side figures out what's going on, they make sure you lose.  Completely and totally.

The Dems have ZERO incentive to compromise here.  Trump has tied a noose around his own neck and keeps tightening it.  Why on earth would they provide him any relief?  The MAJORITY of Americans oppose the wall.  The MAJORITY of Americans have a negative opinion of Trump, and that percentage is climbing because of and during this shutdown.

Never interfere with your enemy when he is making a mistake.  The longer this shutdown goes, the more Trump hurts himself.  Let him do so.

• Like 9

This.  
Trump has foolishly made this -- and every other thing he does -- a zero-sum game.  The problem with zero-sum games is that once the other side figures out what's going on, they make sure you lose.  Completely and totally.
The Dems have ZERO incentive to compromise here.  Trump has tied a noose around his own neck and keeps tightening it.  Why on earth would they provide him any relief?  The MAJORITY of Americans oppose the wall.  The MAJORITY of Americans have a negative opinion of Trump, and that percentage is climbing because of and during this shutdown.
Never interfere with your enemy when he is making a mistake.  The longer this shutdown goes, the more Trump hurts himself.  Let him do so.

Actually the Democrats should play his game back and tell him the funding gets smaller and their demands get larger each day of the shutdown. Planned parenthood gets more funding would be a nice start.
  • Like 8