Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

12 minutes ago, Lobo said:

why did they go through all the trouble of making the Donkey so jackedup and powerful looking at the Elephant is just okay looking, but kinda also in retreat?  

My guess is they are sofa ninjas that fight books, hygiene, and exercise and god help the person that tries to explain to them that donkeys don't have biceps. 

26 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

No biggie.  It's all okay, because

Dj2e0w9VAAAraKs.jpg

I betya Russians made that shirt and sold it to them too.

It's so easy to bamboozle the right wing. Fox & hate radio carved out all the pathways. Now all a Russian spy has to do is join the NRA and create an online meme & they've won the cold war.

So much for Red Dawn.

Edited by ADHD

6 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The biggest takeaway from this article and “new” development.

“A report prepared for the Senate that provides the most sweeping analysis yet of Russia’s disinformation campaign around the 2016 election found the operation used every major social media platform to deliver words, images and videos tailored to voters’ interests to help elect President Trump — and worked even harder to support him while in office.

That should not go under appreciated.  I said from the beginning that the Russian attack wasn’t just about the election.  It is an ongoing and sustained attack that our president CHOSE to ignore because it benefited him while hurting America.

That image that accompanied this article contains an image of the "blacktivist" movement-- which was completely made up by Russia. The "Blactivist" facebook page was more inflammatory and as a result got more hits during the campaign than the legitimate "black lives matter" facebook page.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/10/01/how-russia-helped-to-swing-the-election-for-trump

a few excerpts:

Of the four hundred and seventy Facebook accounts known to have been created by Russian saboteurs during the campaign, a mere six of them generated content that was shared at least three hundred and forty million times. The Facebook page for a fake group, Blacktivist, which stoked racial tensions by posting militant slogans and stomach-churning videos of police violence against African-Americans, garnered more hits than the Facebook page for Black Lives Matter.

Benenson said, “We lost Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin—three states of our Blue Wall—by about eighty thousand votes. Six hundred and sixty thousand votes were cast in those three states for third-party candidates. Winning those three states would have got us to two hundred and seventy-eight electoral votes.” In other words, if only twelve per cent of those third-party voters were persuaded by Russian propaganda—based on hacked Clinton-campaign analytics—not to vote for Clinton, then Jamieson’s theory could be valid.

this past February, when the Justice Department, in connection with the Mueller probe, released a detailed indictment of thirteen Russians working at the Internet Research Agency, a troll farm in St. Petersburg. The operatives were described as having worked day and night waging “information warfare against the United States of America.” Then, in July, Mueller indicted twelve Russian intelligence officers for hacking into the computers of the Democratic National Committee and the Clinton campaign. The indictment maintained that the Russian government had executed a sprawling and sustained cyberattack on at least three hundred people connected to the Democratic Party and the Clinton campaign, infiltrating their computers and implanting malware that, in some instances, enabled spies to covertly monitor their keystrokes. As the Times reported, the Russians had leaked stolen files “in stages,” a tactic “that wreaked havoc on the Democratic Party throughout much of the election season.”

Strikingly, the July indictment showed that Russian hackers’ first attempt to infiltrate the computer servers in Clinton’s personal offices had taken place on July 27, 2016, the same day that Trump had declared, “Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the thirty thousand e-mails that are missing,” adding, “I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

tldr: Hey @Onboard 2.0, the Russians played you like a fool.

If you supported Trump you will live in everlasting shame for having done so.

Comey is right.

This Russian "coup" is serious. They will use Trump to loot this country then enslave bankrupt Americans. 

Fuck the GOP. All of them are traitors.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

It's not over, but it is in ICU.

There's so much shit piling up against this administration. I just don't see how anyone comes out of it unscathed.  And tomorrow will bring even more.

It's been almost two years.  Quick. Name the "victories" this admin has had.

You can probably name them on one hand. 

Gorsuch and tax cuts > children being separated from parents, economic collapse, and being the laughing stock of the world/ Tahoe

children being separated from parents, economic collapse, and being the laughing stock of the world > Hillary / Onboard

1 hour ago, ADHD said:

The DOW is crashing again.

I think the Trump presidency is over.

I should start a hedge fund that literally aims to capitalize on the opposite of whatever he brags about.  "I'm the reason 401ks are great" = short the stock market.  "Gas prices are low" = time to buy oil.  "You'll have great healthcare" = time to buy puts or write calls on the hospital systems and payers.  

I'm sure there are creative ways to bet against a lack of airplane crashes or great treatment for asylum seekers but I'm not that immoral.  Plenty of easy pickings on his more run of the mill hyperbolic bullshit. 

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

DOW is down 4.5% over the past year.  Not quite the extended performance Donald was hoping for.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/17/investing/stock-buybacks-trillion-dollars/index.html

i know, i know, fake news, right?

New York (CNN Business)Corporate America celebrated the first full year under the new tax law by rolling out a record-setting $1 trillion of stock buybacks.

US companies, led by Lowe's (LOW) and AbbVie (ABBV), rewarded shareholders by unveiling $34.4 billion in buybacks last week, according to TrimTabs Investment Research. That lifted repurchase announcements above $1 trillion for the first time ever, TrimTabs said, exceeding the prior record of $781 billion set in 2015.

i mean, whatever, right?

7 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

Fuck Comey.  He should have brought this horseshit up at the same time he brought the Clinton horseshit up.  

6 minutes ago, ADHD said:

Yes. He totally screwed up too, but at least he's got it now. (And I think Wall St gets it now as well)

Tough position and maybe wrong decision != intentional malfeasance.

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

So basically we're now financing the trade war by paying for the farmers' losses.   What a great strategy.

"unjustified trade retaliation"

We hit China in the nose and they hit us back. That's not "unjustified;" it's just plain old retaliation.

2 minutes ago, ndawg said:

My guess would be to continue their efforts at radicalizing Americans.

They had to know some of the glaringly obvious variables---he could not get elected, he could get elected and it be proven fraudulent, he could be impeached/removed from office, he could resign in shame (not likely), or the more likely of all scenarios---a bitter and defensive chubby 72 year old with an eating disorder could just not make it through his term.  

What's the backup plan by Russia?  He had such a narrow shot of winning the nomination and the general...even with their help.  What were they gonna do if he doesn't last for 4 or 8 years in office?  

And most important to me---what if his (seemingly) eventual removal from office is part of their plan?  They're not that dumb.  What if they know no way he lasts all four years...

If Russia is as embedded in our Republic as so many of you seem to believe.....what comes next?  What's the next phase?  They pulled off the ability to install a very questionable candidate into the Oval Office and they're just gonna ditch that program in 24 months because Pelosi asks them to?  

Trump will literally scream that on the way out of the White House, "Mark my words...I'm the only one keeping Russia at bay.  You're not gonna like what comes next!"  But in a way, I think the twisted fucker may be right in his denial of how he, himself could not possibly have anything to do with his own bad decisions in life.  I think the other shoe drops when he leaves office.  It is incredible cognitive dissonance to believe Russia was this powerfully meddlesome force for the last three years, but because of the Blue Tide or Beto or whatever, they'll retreat away into the night.  

12 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

So basically we're now financing the trade war by paying for the farmers' losses.   What a great strategy.

Particularly when you remember that most of the "farmers" are actually multi-national corporations and donors.

Edited by NWBuck
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

If Russia is as embedded in our Republic as so many of you seem to believe.....what comes next?  What's the next phase?  They pulled off the ability to install a very questionable candidate into the Oval Office and they're just gonna ditch that program in 24 months because Pelosi asks them to?  

Trump will literally scream that on the way out of the White House, "Mark my words...I'm the only one keeping Russia at bay.  You're not gonna like what comes next!"  But in a way, I think the twisted fucker may be right in his denial of how he, himself could not possibly have anything to do with his own bad decisions in life.  I think the other shoe drops when he leaves office.  It is incredible cognitive dissonance to believe Russia was this powerfully meddlesome force for the last three years, but because of the Blue Tide or Beto or whatever, they'll retreat away into the night.  

I'm not sure anyone believes that Russia has compromised as much of our government as you suggest. They seem to have influenced the NRA, and they've certainly influenced and colluded with the Trump campaign/administration. They may even have a congressman or two in their pocket, but there are nevertheless too many other motivations for Republicans being complicit to assume Russia's got the majority of the GOP in their pocket. It's plausible, I guess, but never forget how utterly stupid many of these politicians are. If their base chants "lock her up" and wears red hats, they're going to back Trump.

At any rate, the last paragraph seems beyond the pale. Russia wasn't (and isn't) "powerful" in the traditional sense, they've just waged a successful psyops campaign against our more uninformed portions of the public. You shouldn't conclude that means they're somehow a great power.

29 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I wonder what Russia's plan was if they didn't have Donald Trump.  

They had the House and Senate and a massive presence established on social media.  Trump, Bannon, etc. get their own network and they go down the propaganda train.  At the same time they get to pin anything back spin on Hillary and divide the country even more.  It has and always was going to be a win win.  They had to try something because you know Hillary was going to sanction the shit out of them.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

It's not over, but it is in ICU.

There's so much shit piling up against this administration. I just don't see how anyone comes out of it unscathed.  And tomorrow will bring even more.

It's been almost two years.  Quick. Name the "victories" this admin has had.

You can probably name them on one hand. 

We get to say Merry Christmas again without Michelle Obummer making us eat healthy food. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lobo said:

They had to know some of the glaringly obvious variables---he could not get elected, he could get elected and it be proven fraudulent, he could be impeached/removed from office, he could resign in shame (not likely), or the more likely of all scenarios---a bitter and defensive chubby 72 year old with an eating disorder could just not make it through his term.  

What's the backup plan by Russia?  He had such a narrow shot of winning the nomination and the general...even with their help.  What were they gonna do if he doesn't last for 4 or 8 years in office?  

And most important to me---what if his (seemingly) eventual removal from office is part of their plan?  They're not that dumb.  What if they know no way he lasts all four years...

I don't even think they thought they were going to get him elected. That was maybe something they wanted, but I think either way with their disinformation campaign and just Trump being Trump they'd have managed to sow divisions in the populace and leave President Hillary damaged and weakened. I can't see Trump conceding that he lost that election, he'd have been yelling about how it was stolen and as we've seen, about 35% of people would believe him. They're not going to stop any time soon, no matter who gets to be in charge, because a divided US with embattled leaders is less of a threat to thwart Russia's ambitions, whatever those may be.

I do think Russia has some kind of leverage on Trump, purely because he's been so unbelievably eager to shit on everyone and everything in the world except for Vladimir Putin. It's really conspicuous that he's so deferential to Putin. With almost every other country, it's all about how they're so unfair to us and we do too much for them or how we're gonna kick their ass, economically or militarily. Not Vlad, though. It's fishy.

11 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

So he referenced the John Edwards case without actually reading what the judge in that case said: 

"Edwards repeatedly argued that the payments were not campaign contributions because they were not made exclusively to further his campaign. The judge rejected this argument as a matter of law, ruling that a payment to a candidate’s extramarital sexual partner is a campaign contribution if “one of” the reasons the payment is made is to influence the election."

And Stupid Watergate rolls on...

Edit: quote above is from WP article, not judge in Edwards case.

Edited by Todd Gack
clarification
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

I don't even think they thought they were going to get him elected. That was maybe something they wanted, but I think either way with their disinformation campaign and just Trump being Trump they'd have managed to sow divisions in the populace and leave President Hillary damaged and weakened. I can't see Trump conceding that he lost that election, he'd have been yelling about how it was stolen and as we've seen, about 35% of people would believe him. They're not going to stop any time soon, no matter who gets to be in charge, because a divided US with embattled leaders is less of a threat to thwart Russia's ambitions, whatever those may be.

I do think Russia has some kind of leverage on Trump, purely because he's been so unbelievably eager to shit on everyone and everything in the world except for Vladimir Putin. It's really conspicuous that he's so deferential to Putin. With almost every other country, it's all about how they're so unfair to us and we do too much for them or how we're gonna kick their ass, economically or militarily. Not Vlad, though. It's fishy.

To understand Russia, you really need to remove Trump from the equation.  Pretend he never ran and then look at what Russia was/is doing and the impact.  

That’s the real deal all out information warfare we’re in.  They don’t just want to win elections with puppets.  They want to deteriorate our character as a nation by directly attacking the population through their influence operations.

Guilliani is f'n admitting everything.

Yes there was collusion.

Yes there were campaign finance violations.

Yes Trump has been financially dirty since the 80s. 

Yes he paid Stormy. Etc etc.

Is he doing this on purpose? Working subtly with fed prosecutors and the FBi? I mean he helped Trump write those answers didn't he .....

Oh my gosh, Trump is in trouble.

Edited by ADHD
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

"Market Facilitation Payments."  Holy fuck.  That's perhaps the most bureaucratic bullshit term ever.

Draining the swamp indeed.  Here's a hint -- if your guy uses a term like "Market Facilitation Payments," he ain't draining the swamp...he IS the swamp.

59 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

You just don't understand winning.  Depleting the treasury for handouts to your base to make up for an economic catastrophe entirely of your own making = OWNING THE LIBS.

12 minutes ago, Todd Gack said:

So he referenced the John Edwards case without actually reading what the judge in that case said: 

"Edwards repeatedly argued that the payments were not campaign contributions because they were not made exclusively to further his campaign. The judge rejected this argument as a matter of law, ruling that a payment to a candidate’s extramarital sexual partner is a campaign contribution if “one of” the reasons the payment is made is to influence the election."

And Stupid Watergate rolls on...

Edit: quote above is from WP article, not judge in Edwards case.

Jesus.  Tapdancing.  Christ.  

Rudy may legitimately be the worst lawyer in the world.  And yes, I'm including that guy who thought that the rules limited depositions to 6 hours total...of both plaintiffs....not 6 hours per side....of each plaintiff, so he pointlessly deposed his own client for hours to "eat up the clock" so that we wouldn't be able to depose his other client.  Then he was shocked when the court reporter told him "well, they've only used 2.5 hours on the first guy, so they have 3.5 hours left on him.  And they haven't used any time on the second guy, so they still have their 6 hours for him."  That guy....I'd rather have him for my lawyer than Rudy.

When your lawyer defiantly ADMITS to your felony on national TV, you have a fucktarded lawyer.

• Like 1

I bought firewood from an old man last weekend and he was a real chatty dude who couldn't keep himself from bringing up politics.  He started in on the wall and couldn't believe that I didn't think it was a great idea that we should plow forward with.  I could tell right away he was a full throated Trumpkin because he started his pleading with me -"He's already done more for this country than any other president in History!!!!1!!!one!!"  He then thought he was going to get me when he said, "Name one thing the president has done that you disagree with, just one thing.  I always ask libruls that and they can't answer."  I said, well Mr. May, he seems to have a really hard time telling the truth about anything and his rhetoric is extremely divisive and unhealthy for the country.  He then said something about What do you expect when he is attacked non-stop by the MSM!?

We kept it civil and he ended up shaking my hand and invited me to come shoot some hogs off the back of his property because he's been overrun.  He did say that he's been a democrat his whole life until they "Lost their minds" and he decided to vote for Trump.  He's the first one of those that I've met in the wild.

Dude wore an old cowboy had with a King Cobra - head and all - as the hat band. 

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

"Market Facilitation Payments."  Holy fuck.  That's perhaps the most bureaucratic bullshit term ever.

Draining the swamp indeed.  Here's a hint -- if your guy uses a term like "Market Facilitation Payments," he ain't draining the swamp...he IS the swamp.

You just don't understand winning.  Depleting the treasury for handouts to your base to make up for an economic catastrophe entirely of your own making = OWNING THE LIBS.

Jesus.  Tapdancing.  Christ.  

Rudy may legitimately be the worst lawyer in the world.  And yes, I'm including that guy who thought that the rules limited depositions to 6 hours total...of both plaintiffs....not 6 hours per side....of each plaintiff, so he pointlessly deposed his own client for hours to "eat up the clock" so that we wouldn't be able to depose his other client.  Then he was shocked when the court reporter told him "well, they've only used 2.5 hours on the first guy, so they have 3.5 hours left on him.  And they haven't used any time on the second guy, so they still have their 6 hours for him."  That guy....I'd rather have him for my lawyer than Rudy.

When your lawyer defiantly ADMITS to your felony on national TV, you have a fucktarded lawyer.

*Ahem*

96de22ad-9555-480e-bfdd-1d232b3605be_scr

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yes. I know people believe this.  Because they are thinking "wait, NOBODY can be this stupid."

The problem is...yes, yes they can be that stupid.

It's certainly a hell of a lot easier to believe he's that stupid than the alternative -- that he's a good enough actor to surgically drop these precise admissions of guilt within a larger volume of unscripted, meandering quasi-legal commentary.

Edited by ndawg

Rudy is the trial balloon guy. And all of his "pleading in the alternative" is team Trump's way of finding out whether Trump should adopt the argument. Rudy gets on TV and goes out on a limb with some position: "Trump can't be impeached because Hillary." They use Rudy to gauge public response to the terrible bullshit arguments that Trump will be making when the Mueller report ultimately comes out. 

• Like 1

But for real....If I'm being investigated by the cops, and my lawyer goes on TV and says "Name absolutely did do X, he told me so himself and we have all the documentation of it" and X is a crime, don't the cops now have probably cause, and doesn't the DA basically have a confession I have to overcome in trial?  Do I have to fire my lawyer and prove that he's not credible before I can get past that, or what's my play here?  Because it doesn't seem like there's much of a play.