Alone

futureman

Posted (edited)

I watched the base camp episode.  Supposed to be the coldest location ever and lots of grizzlies.  This group seems like they may make it more interesting and not play the starving game.  The arctic season was so good, so maybe we'll get something similar.

Edited by kevwun

Almost through ep 1.  I took a break to post on here about how annoying Creek chick is.  I read your post and... 30 seconds later.  Wow.  What a way to go.

Speaking of your post, I did something sort of similar.   I got really drunk one night while in college   Decided to walk home - 20 miles.  Yes, I was really drunk.  I climbed up a hill to take a piss in peace.  On the way down I fell, and my hand landed on a metal spike.  Went straight through and out the back.  Good times.

On 6/21/2024 at 2:32 AM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Ho lee fuk, that first tap was amazing.

I’m fairly certain a drunk Surlster couldn’t have done that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Also, the dude losing his line & hooks because a random branch snagged his backpack zipper just enough is rather questionable. Maybe pack the small stuff in the middle, bro. 

Like the guy who lost his arrows last season. I wouldn’t rest until I found them. 

I always thought shooting a beaver in the water was a bad kill.  Isn't it likely that the animal will dive into its den?

Also, curious if anyone knows about the liability this show has to provide.  I'm sure there are a multitude of waivers to sign; however, would that carry weight if, say, a dude gets mauled by a bear and dies before production can assist?  Can a show really say, "Sign this.  If you die, you die."?

On 6/21/2024 at 2:32 AM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Ho lee fuk, that first tap was amazing.

I’m fairly certain a drunk Surlster couldn’t have done that. 

Sweet fancy Moses... I just finished the first episode. 

This season is shaping up to be really good.  All the contestants seem capable, and a few don't really have family to miss so they should be able to last a long time in isolation.

The guy from Labrador talking about wanting to move his family out of "fast paced" life in that tiny fishing village made me laugh.

He and I definitely have different opinions on fast paced living.