The WNBA is BACK!!!!!

Uncle Boobs

2 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Glad she is skipping. She needs rest (this ain't it). Carrying the entirety of women’s basketball on her back for two years has to be incredibly exhausting. 

She's about to be off for a month.   One event before the break isnt going to make a difference.   What happened to the "growing the game" crowd?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

They are assuming she is still playing in the All Star game?

With the exposure Sabrina got last yr and the 3 being her signature shot it would seem to be a no-brainer to do the contest.

15 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Glad she is skipping. She needs rest (this ain't it). Carrying the entirety of women’s basketball on her back for two years has to be incredibly exhausting. 

Yeah, I'm glad CC is skipping 3pt contest.  

Take a break from some of the attention and scrutiny.   Nothing for her to prove imo  😋

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Yeah, I'm glad CC is skipping 3pt contest.  

Take a break from some of the attention and scrutiny.   Nothing for her to prove imo  😋

Sounds childish but I’d imagine she is trying to fit in/make friends this weekend more so than expand the brand. She will downplay the spotlight and push it to the other all-stars. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, d2o said:

She's about to be off for a month.   One event before the break isnt going to make a difference.   What happened to the "growing the game" crowd?

CC has nothing to prove here.  Besides, she's not even good enough for the Olympics team right?? 😋

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Sounds childish but I’d imagine she is trying to fit in/make friends this weekend more so than expand the brand. She will downplay the spotlight and push it to the other all-stars. 

Nm... misunderstood your post

My bad

Edited by LTtxfan

1 minute ago, d2o said:

How would doing the 3p contest effect that either way?

It takes energy to do an event regardless.  It’s not just walking out there and chucking a few shots.  Maybe she’s tired at this point?  League kind of screwed her over on the schedule. 

plus she gave her spot to a more deserving player to have the spotlight

i dont understand wnba fans that hate Caitlin Clark.  It’s truly befuddling.  Maybe it’s racial

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

It takes energy to do an event regardless.  It’s not just walking out there and chucking a few shots.  Maybe she’s tired at this point?  League kind of screwed her over on the schedule. 

plus she gave her spot to a more deserving player to have the spotlight

i dont understand wnba fans that hate Caitlin Clark.  It’s truly befuddling.  Maybe it’s racial

Who is hating her?   There are still plenty that  want her on the Olympic team which would commit her to playing for another month  but asking why she couldnt do a single day event is hating?

10 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

CC has nothing to prove here.  Besides, she's not even good enough for the Olympics team right?? 😋

On one hand “we don’t need you.  We been around 25 years. Coattails Clark!”

on the other “she got a chance to draw some ratings for the other girls but she’s too scared, selfish and lazy”. 

girl can’t win with some people

26 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

On one hand “we don’t need you.  We been around 25 years. Coattails Clark!”

on the other “she got a chance to draw some ratings for the other girls but she’s too scared, selfish and lazy”. 

girl can’t win with some people

Literally no one has said this

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Wonder where Pitbull ranks this compared to his Austin gig recently. 

Well there was that, this, a country music awards show, a show in Vegas, a 2H24 global sales kickoff for an enterprise SaaS VAR, a regional beer festival, a couple of VERY high end Bar-Mitzvahs…

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

1 hour ago, GabrielsHorn said:

Kind of nice to see an all star game with some defense. 

An all star game that was actually entertaining. The NBA all star game isn’t worth watching.

Glad we had the hungry all stars vs the USA team, I wonder how the USA team will react. 
Arika balling out, message sent. 

Posted (edited)
On 7/27/2024 at 9:22 AM, LTtxfan said:

Any news on Olympic team??

Saw article on 3 teams that might challenge us

1. Canada
  2. Australia
  3. France

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2024/07/team-usa-womens-basketball-olympics-other-contenders

They played their first game against Japan today.   A team who's tallest player is 6'1.  As expected they beat them by 30+ though it was closer than that for most of the game.  Japan was really hitting from outside which kept it close early.   

I thought Canada was going to be one of the main comp for the US but they are getting popped by France right now.  Down 20 at the half

Edited by d2o
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, d2o said:

They played their first game against Japan today.   A team who's tallest player is 6'1.  As expected they beat them by 30+ though it was closer than that for most of the game.  Japan was really hitting from outside which kept it close early.   

I thought Canada was going to be one of the main comp for the US but they are getting popped by France right now.  Down 20 at the half

Japan was fun, small, fast, constant energy, and great from 3. They all looked happy to be there.

You can see the US team starting to coalesce. A team constructed of great players that will be a monster when they all get on the same page.

Stewie is this team's rock.

• Hook 'Em 1