The WNBA is BACK!!!!!

Uncle Boobs

2 hours ago, DixonHur said:

Shooting 42% on layups has been dispelled?

I am honestly trying to understand how you can shoot 42 percent on a layup. I mean that to me is just incredible. The odds of her layups going in are roughly what Chris Dudley’s odds were of hitting those ridiculous free throws he shot.

23 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I sure it helps, but I don't dispute the fact that she'd still get rebounds.  She's the female Dennis Rodman, but with a 17% lower shooting percentage. 

She absolutely HAS to address her finishing ability.   That should be the #1 priority for her off season training.

12 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

I am honestly trying to understand how you can shoot 42 percent on a layup. I mean that to me is just incredible. The odds of her layups going in are roughly what Chris Dudley’s odds were of hitting those ridiculous free throws he shot.

While its absolutely not good, its not like these are uncontested layups.   She doesn't elevate well and they let bigs bang down low.   That said it has to be addressed.

10 minutes ago, d2o said:

While its absolutely not good, its not like these are uncontested layups.   She doesn't elevate well and they let bigs bang down low.   That said it has to be addressed.

Angel is a rookie and weighs 165.

She's getting contested in the paint by Wilson 195, BG 205, Hamby 189, Jonquel Jones 215 and Teaira McCowan 239 etc.

She's 6'3" -- BG is 6'9"  McCowan 6"7"

What worked at LSU doesn't work now, she will figure it out.  She is already a great rebounder and will be a great player.  I'm just hoping she keeps her focus on basketball. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, d2o said:

Well yes it does have to be addressed. During her double-double streak she’s shooting 42 percent from the floor. The WNBA is undergoing the same thing the NBA went through and post player, especially undersized ones like Reese, are going to have to figure out how to stretch the floor. Right now she has zero ability to do that and that’s kinda going to be important if she doesn’t want to be a one dimensional player. Were I her I’d go find Dirk Nowitzki and get his old coach Holger to teach her how to shoot from beyond the arc after the season. 

20 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

Well yes it does have to be addressed. During her double-double streak she’s shooting 42 percent from the floor. The WNBA is undergoing the same thing the NBA went through and post player, especially undersized ones like Reese, are going to have to figure out how to stretch the floor. Right now she has zero ability to do that and that’s kinda going to be important if she doesn’t want to be a one dimensional player. Were I her I’d go find Dirk Nowitzki and get his old coach Holger to teach her how to shoot from beyond the arc after the season. 

Doubt that would do much.  That was Dirk's game his whole life.  She's played a different style her whole life, so it's not like someone can teach her how to shoot like Dirk/Curry/ or Clark in one off season.

She needs to put on more weight so she can bang with the big girls down.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Doubt that would do much.  That was Dirk's game his whole life.  She's played a different style her whole life, so it's not like someone can teach her how to shoot like Dirk/Curry/ or Clark in one off season.

She needs to put on more weight so she can bang with the big girls down.

You have to learn how to shoot going forward. She could do worse than visiting Holger. He seems more than willing to help players out, even those who can’t hit anything outside of 10 feet.

Hammon helped usher this style in. Within five years if you can’t space the floor you’ll be out of a job or be a role player . The women’s game will evolve just like the men’s game has. I think that part is cool how the game just evolves continuously.

• Hook 'Em 1

She's borderline for me.   Her team being #1 in conference might be enough to get her over the top.   She should probably be a finalist for MIP but Dearica Hamby pretty much has that sewn up barring injury over the 2nd half of the season.    Carrington should definitely get some all-defense consideration though

• Drool 1

Both Angel and Caitlin make the All-star game.   They will play against the Olympic team.    I'm really surprised the Fever get 3.   And the 3rd Sun being Jones is a little bit of a surprise.   I thought Carrington might have a chance to sneak in there.

image.thumb.png.45bc9e091d9be8857cca68e43e03e14b.png

Edited by d2o
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, d2o said:

Both Angel and Caitlin make the All-star game.    I'm really surprised the Fever get 3.   I thought Carrington might have a chance to sneak in there.

Thanks for posting the line-up.

Yeah, the 3 from the Fever really stood out. I took that to be fan voting for Caitlin's team. DiJonai's play was certainly deserving.

Reese and Clark, get the popcorn ready.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, TommysTinyTowels said:

Thanks for posting the line-up.

Yeah, the 3 from the Fever really stood out. I took that to be fan voting for Caitlin's team. DiJonai's play was certainly deserving.

Reese and Clark, get the popcorn ready.

Yeah I wasnt sure if it was all fan voting but if so, that would explain it.    I thought they did a combo of fans/coaches like the NBA does

EDIT:  50% of WNBA All-Star votes are made up by fan votes, while players and media members make up 25% each.

https://www.cbssports.com/wnba/news/2024-wnba-all-star-game-roster-reveal-how-to-watch-start-time-tv-channel-live-stream/

That's telling me Fever/CC fans were stuffing the shit out of ballots to get both Mitchell and Boston and overcome coach/player voting. 

Edited by d2o
  • Hook 'Em 1

This Aces/Fever game is good so far.   Both teams really getting up and down the court.

Something you see on teams with an elite passer, CC's passing is starting to rub off on her teammates.   They are trying passes that  I dont think they would normally try.  7 assists on 9 Fever buckets in the first quarter.

• Hook 'Em 1