The WNBA is BACK!!!!!

Uncle Boobs

6 hours ago, d2o said:

Boom

They failed to mention the massive personal contribution by a man known only as "derka".

I hope this means an expanded season and perhaps a 16 team field, although the NBA seems like overkill with 30 teams and 82 games.

Really great news for the WNBA, I wonder how much could be contributed to the Clark effect?

Expansion is a mistake. There isn’t enough talent to fill the current rosters with watchable players. 

The Clark vs non Clark attendance and viewing is almost double for games involving Clark. She basically responsible for 50% of engagement right now. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TommysTinyTowels said:

They failed to mention the massive personal contribution by a man known only as "derka".

I hope this means an expanded season and perhaps a 16 team field, although the NBA seems like overkill with 30 teams and 82 games.

Really great news for the WNBA, I wonder how much could be contributed to the Clark effect?

They already have 2 teams joining over the next couple seasons.   With continued growth they may even be able to get an impact fee for a couple more over the next 3-4 yrs.   They've needed to expand for a few yrs now.  Yearly there are 1st round picks that are cut because of how hard it is to make a roster.   I think 16 would be a good number of teams to set at for a while.

Edited by d2o
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

Still puzzled how Seattle has a WNBA team but no Sonics. 

I've thought for a little while that they were waiting to get this next TV deal done before expanding again.  They dont have to share that money with the new teams and they can get a huge fee from the new teams as well.   The Sonics coming back is pretty much a given.   I suspect the 2nd team will be in Vegas.   The only question will be if LBJ has retired by that time so that he can be the owner.

• Hook 'Em 1

Really was surprised to see this trade but Marina has seen that Chennedy Carter is the #1 option now.   She reportedly requested the trade.   Really good pick up for the Sun who is at the bottom of the league in 3p shooting getting a really good shooter in Mabrey

Posted (edited)

I'm hanging with my best friend from HS and we're both super into this game right now. (both M - 29)

In case anyone is doubting that WNBA valuation. 

And - something I just realized before I turned it on tonight: it fills an American sports void. MLB is on right now, but it's the all-star break.

Like - what else would I throw on tonight? 

And it's been a great fucking game. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

Clark at 17/13 - still in the 3rd Q.

19/13*

And - yeah - this has been an awesome game. Fever down 16 early - lead going back and forth now. 

If you like basketball this has been a much better game than most NBA games. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

The behind the back passes are just stupid.

I feel like there's still people that don't watch her that talk shit on the women's game and I watch games like this and I'm like...

Bro just turn the fucking TV on. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, d2o said:

Huge win for the Sky over a streaking Aces team.    Chennedy Carter might've been an all-star if she had been starting from the beginning of the season.    She is clearly hard to stop.

She's their best player by a mile..... The rookies have a ton of potential and are already pretty good, but Carter is f'n problem.  She's hard to keep out of the paint.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

She's their best player by a mile..... The rookies have a ton of potential and are already pretty good, but Carter is f'n problem.  She's hard to keep out of the paint.

She had Plum in a torture chamber 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 

19 minutes ago, TommysTinyTowels said:

Ionescu is the defending champ right?  Perhaps they both turned it down? If so, the W should say so to avoid the backlash.

I don't get some of the league's decisions.

Yep, and used her performance there to get the contest with Steph.   I'm pretty positive that they both turned it down.  The league definitely makes questionable decisions at time but there is no way the league would prevent them from being in it if they wanted to do it.

• Hook 'Em 1

Alisha Gray

Jonquel Jones

Steph Dolson

Marina Mabrey

Kayla McBride

Should be pretty good but definitely disappointed in Sabrina and Caitlin opting out.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, d2o said:

Alisha Gray

Jonquel Jones

Steph Dolson

Marina Mabrey

Kayla McBride

Two centers and 3 guards.

Steph Dolson    48.5%  - Center
Kayla McBride  42.7%
Jonquel Jones  39.6%  - Center
Alisha Gray       36%
Marina Mabrey 34.8%

Sabrina 35.6%
Caitlyn 32.7%

4 hours ago, d2o said:

Should be pretty good but definitely disappointed in Sabrina and Caitlin opting out.

1 hour ago, TommysTinyTowels said:

Two centers and 3 guards.

Steph Dolson    48.5%  - Center
Kayla McBride  42.7%
Jonquel Jones  39.6%  - Center
Alisha Gray       36%
Marina Mabrey 34.8%

Sabrina 35.6%
Caitlyn 32.7%

giphy.gif

41 minutes ago, TommysTinyTowels said:

You rarely see Caitlin open at all, the defense is draped all over her from the jump.

I would have liked to see her in the contest, see what she could do with open looks from a normal three point distance.

+ She brings a ton of excitement to any event.

Glad she is skipping. She needs rest (this ain't it). Carrying the entirety of women’s basketball on her back for two years has to be incredibly exhausting. 

• Hook 'Em 1