The WNBA is BACK!!!!!

Uncle Boobs

12 minutes ago, TommysTinyTowels said:

"Sources tell me Cameron Brink walked out of Mohegan Sun arena with no assistance, no ice, and no visible brace (but she was wearing long pants). Hopefully that’s good news, but Curt Miller did say post game she’d be evaluated tomorrow. "

Still some concern of a possible ACL injury.

Hopefully not, she has been playing well and significantly adds to this rookie class.

For sure,  Brink, Reese, CC, Rickea Jackson and Aaliyah Edwards make one helluva all-rookie first team with Kate Martin as a 6th person

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, TommysTinyTowels said:

"Sources tell me Cameron Brink walked out of Mohegan Sun arena with no assistance, no ice, and no visible brace (but she was wearing long pants). Hopefully that’s good news, but Curt Miller did say post game she’d be evaluated tomorrow. "

Still some concern of a possible ACL injury.

Hopefully not, she has been playing well and significantly adds to this rookie class.

Unfortunately......

Sparks rookie forward Cameron Brink suffers torn ACL

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/40387794/sparks-rookie-forward-cameron-brink-suffers-torn-acl

29 minutes ago, TommysTinyTowels said:

The women's game is played below the rim and is similar to the NBA prior to all the dunking and hyper athleticism.

Certainly not everyone's cup of tea.

I suggest you just don't watch it, but if you want to try and get into it watch Rori or Maddie on the UT women's team. You can get excited cause it's UT vs Aggie or whatever, and can watch some great players

showing off a lot of heart and some remarkable skills.

I'm trying to get into it because I'm not a baseball fan but would like some kind of sport to carry me from the end of the NHL/NBA seasons to fall football camp.  

That said it's hard to watch after being accustomed to the athleticism of the men's game.

Also, I'm probably still biased from when I used to play pick-up games against members of Jodi's teams at the Rec Center when I was in undergrad.  I'm 5'9, and was by no means a great player, so I was always tasked with guarding the women.  I was like Jordan in comparison.

I'm sure the women's game has gotten way, way better since then, and will continue to do so, but that experience created a bias that's been tough for me to get over.

As for UT, I'd watch a tiddlywinks game if the Longhorns were playing aggy or blowU.

• Hook 'Em 2

20 hours ago, d2o said:

Unfortunately......

Sparks rookie forward Cameron Brink suffers torn ACL

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/40387794/sparks-rookie-forward-cameron-brink-suffers-torn-acl

Well crap. Misses the rest of her rookie year and the Olympics.

Women and the goddamn ACL tears, that's a full year gone for her.

Who do we put on the 3 on 3 team now?

1 hour ago, TommysTinyTowels said:

Who do we put on the 3 on 3 team now?

On 2/18/2024 at 7:19 PM, ztejas said:

I was walking around the neighborhood and went by the park and some kids got me to take a few shots.

So I went home and got my ball and shot for a bit. 

Let's keep this classy, but also, if you want to post your own jumpers this would be the spot to. 

• Haha 3

She's really finding her groove.  They've started featuring Boston more and they are taking off as a team and CC is becoming more a little more efficient as a result too.   Still turned it over 6 times but shot 50% from the field.   She should easily be an all-star.  With fan voting its a given but it is deserved as well.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

That's both. Wheeler took Reese out of the rebound potential by pushing her away and you can see Reese holding Wheeler from getting back on offense. 

Very stupid on Wheeler's part, because Clark didn't know Reese was coming up from behind as she brought the ball up.

I just thought it was funny since I've seen all those clips of how CC was being guarded "like no one has been before"     You dont see a rebounder getting face guarded all to the corner and off the court very often LOL

15 hours ago, d2o said:

Interesting.   I've seen a lot of people online calling for her to play since she was a very good defender in college and the Fever defense is quite lacking.

I wonder if this is in response to Smith getting worked by Angel in the last game.  

Is Damiris an enforcer type?

2 hours ago, DixonHur said:

I wonder if this is in response to Smith getting worked by Angel in the last game.  

Is Damiris an enforcer type?

Dantas was already on the roster, just with a suspended (family death, visa issues, knee injury) contract which allowed the Fever to carry 13 players when the WNBA teams are only allowed 12. So, someone had to go. Dantas, not really an enforcer but a good player.
The question is not, why did you cut Celeste over Damiris, it’s why did you keep Victaria Saxton – like Dantas, also a forward.  Saxton - 10 minutes and 3 points total on the year.

At least give Taylor a try, you need defense and she was the B10 defensive player of the year.

Angel did torch the Fever and Celeste wouldn’t be guarding her, so perhaps they decided to keep all their forwards and try to find a solution to that problem.

I definitely have a Celeste Taylor bias though, I hope she finds a spot in the league.

• Hook 'Em 2

30 minutes ago, TommysTinyTowels said:

Dantas was already on the roster, just with a suspended (family death, visa issues, knee injury) contract which allowed the Fever to carry 13 players when the WNBA teams are only allowed 12. So, someone had to go. Dantas, not really an enforcer but a good player.
The question is not, why did you cut Celeste over Damiris, it’s why did you keep Victaria Saxton – like Dantas, also a forward.  Saxton - 10 minutes and 3 points total on the year.

At least give Taylor a try, you need defense and she was the B10 defensive player of the year.

Angel did torch the Fever and Celeste wouldn’t be guarding her, so perhaps they decided to keep all their forwards and try to find a solution to that problem.

I definitely have a Celeste Taylor bias though, I hope she finds a spot in the league.

Hope she makes her way to Vegas but I dont know who would be cut to get her after they just cut Fair to get Jessika Carter

• Hook 'Em 1