Steve Bannon Indicted

Hugo Stiglitz

9 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Roger Stone appearing as the moral high ground to Steve Bannon on the fucking Alex Jones show?  

And I gotta drop my kids off at Vacation Bible School tomorrow and pretend we're not in a computer simulation?  

I mean, honestly...I'm losing my edge the last couple years...was that a bit by Stone or was that real?  

I honestly can't believe some people buy this shit.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Art Vandelay said:

I love it when MAGA attacks MAGA.

It is the inevitable outcome of these movements.  When the only criterion for membership is "rabid, unquestioning loyalty to the Dear Leader," then the exercise of "and you aren't sufficiently loyal, and YOU aren't sufficiently loyal, only I am loyal enough to merit admission into the true inner circle" is inevitable.  And it ends in shit like "disloyal" members of the group being blown apart by "execution by artillery" in North Korea and such.

They will turn on each other.  Then, when that purge is done, the remainder will turn on some of those who are left.  Until it's just the leader and Eva Braun eating bullets in their bunker.

Let's skip ahead to that part, please.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

16 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It is the inevitable outcome of these movements.  When the only criterion for membership is "rabid, unquestioning loyalty to the Dear Leader," then the exercise of "and you aren't sufficiently loyal, and YOU aren't sufficiently loyal, only I am loyal enough to merit admission into the true inner circle" is inevitable.  And it ends in shit like "disloyal" members of the group being blown apart by "execution by artillery" in North Korea and such.

They will turn on each other.  Then, when that purge is done, the remainder will turn on some of those who are left.  Until it's just the leader and Eva Braun eating bullets in their bunker.

Let's skip ahead to that part, please.

Watching the Netflix doc on Hitler right now, so this hits close to home.

52 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

They will turn on each other.  Then, when that purge is done, the remainder will turn on some of those who are left. 

Yep. They already hate librools because librools are librools, and there comes a point where that hate doesn’t move the needle so they have to find some new fuel for the fire.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

It is the inevitable outcome of these movements.  When the only criterion for membership is "rabid, unquestioning loyalty to the Dear Leader,"

This is 100% correct. 

Turning on each other is a feature (not a bug) of fascist/totalitarian rule — be it Nazi Germany, Soviet Union, People’s Republic of China, or others.

Hitler had rivals killed, Nazis turned against each other, many were killed or executed, often after show trials. Hitler Youth ratted out parents and neighbors. …  MAGA-GQP will have a rival killing, show trials, and something like "Trump Youth” or “Patriot Youth” or “Pure Ameriican Youth” … all only a matter of time.

The Commies turned on Trotsky, and many others. Every time there was a new Great Leader, there was a struggle for power, marginalizations of various insiders, some sent to Gulags, etc. 

China had similar processes under communism, violent struggles for power or to be next to Great Leader (Mao), the intellectuals who supported the revolution were sent to work (and die) on collective farms, there was the Cultural Revolution and killing of millions to illustrate total power, etc. 

MAGA-GQP Christian Fascist America will have some variations on all this.

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BevoAbyss said:

This is 100% correct. 

Turning on each other is a feature (not a bug) of fascist/totalitarian rule — be it Nazi Germany, Soviet Union, People’s Republic of China, or others.

Hitler had rivals killed, Nazis turned against each other, many were killed or executed, often after show trials. Hitler Youth ratted out parents and neighbors, MAGA-GQP will have a rival killing, show trials, and something like "Trump Youth” or “Patriot Youth” or “Pure Ameriican Youth” … all only a matter of time.

The Commies turned on Trotsky, and many others. Every time there was a new Great Leader, there was a struggle for power, marginalizations of various insiders, some sent to Gulags, etc. 

China had similar processes under communism, violent struggles for power or to be next to Great Leader (Mao), the intellectuals who supported the revolution were sent to work (and die) on collective farms, there was the Cultural Revolution and killing of millions to illustrate total power, etc. 

MAGA-GQP Christian Fascist America will have some variations on all this.

I co-sign.   I have to admit that the gravy seals have more firearms than liberals, but that is a far thing from saying liberals don’t have firearms.   People in rural areas probably hunt more than people in the city.   That does not mean that people in the city don’t hunt. People who are worried about crime by more guns than people who aren’t worried. But that does not mean that all the people worried about crime believe in MAGA.   I know more than a few liberal women who carry to protect themselves.  If the Civil War is about taking away the right to abortion and contraceptives and making them handmaidens, all of those fat old white men will rue the day they went against those ladies

A lot of bad things will happen if Trump is elected president again, but people like Bannon will be in for a huge surprise if they are planning to arrest and jail everyone who disagrees with them.   People own 400 million handguns in America.   They don’t all belong to Maga idiots.  

Having said that, the minute Trump wants to take guns away from Democrats, MAGA will instantaneously and collectively have amnesia that the Second Amendment is a thing.

• Like 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 4

9 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Having said that, the minute Trump wants to take guns away from Democrats, MAGA will instantaneously and collectively have amnesia that the Second Amendment is a thing.

Disarming the populace is part of the dictator’s playbook. Thought the resident 2nd Amendment Rs knew that, but psychos aren’t necessarily smart people.

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Little confused here, all dumb ass had to do was show up to congress and plead the 5th all day ?

When subpoenaed, and you assert some kind of privilege objection, that's almost always on a question-by-question basis.  Some may be attorney-client, some executive, some 5th Amendment.  You can't know until the questions are asked.

You're NEVER excused from showing up.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...

It’s a good thing he doesn’t have any real power because he’s the meanest and craziest of all the Magalitia:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bannon-vows-trump-opponents-prosecuted-214550291.html

Steve Bannon, a longtime ally of Donald Trump, vowed investigations and prosecutions of those who have probed the former president and his political allies, declaring at a conservative gathering Saturday that Inauguration Day in 2025 will be “accountability day.”

Pointing to Trump’s recent conviction in New York, Bannon told a crowd at Turning Point Action’s “The People’s Convention” in Detroit, hours before Trump was scheduled to speak, that the former president’s allies are going to “get every single receipt.”

“You are going to be investigated, prosecuted and incarcerated,” he said. “This has nothing to do with retribution. It has nothing to do with revenge. Because retribution and revenge might be another order of magnitude. This has to do with justice.”

• Rage+1 1

It should be pretty easy to state the case for Trump's innocence, if you think the people prosecuting him should be in prison themselves. I guess he just forgot to make the case, like everyone else. 

17 hours ago, Satchel said:

It’s a good thing he doesn’t have any real power because he’s the meanest and craziest of all the Magalitia:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bannon-vows-trump-opponents-prosecuted-214550291.html

Steve Bannon, a longtime ally of Donald Trump, vowed investigations and prosecutions of those who have probed the former president and his political allies, declaring at a conservative gathering Saturday that Inauguration Day in 2025 will be “accountability day.”

Pointing to Trump’s recent conviction in New York, Bannon told a crowd at Turning Point Action’s “The People’s Convention” in Detroit, hours before Trump was scheduled to speak, that the former president’s allies are going to “get every single receipt.”

“You are going to be investigated, prosecuted and incarcerated,” he said. “This has nothing to do with retribution. It has nothing to do with revenge. Because retribution and revenge might be another order of magnitude. This has to do with justice.”

He really needs to die. Preferably painfully. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

This whole serve your prison time when it’s convenient for you rubs me the wrong way.  Guilty.  Handcuffs.  Straight onto the bus.  Sucking dick by dinner.

It's not really convenience.  He was granted bail, as he likely should have been using reasonable bail parameters.  People out on bail typically stay on bail until convicted, and on appeal if the trial judge feels there might be a substantial question on appeal.

Once he lost the appeal, the only chance he has to stay out is if the Supreme Court grants a stay of the judgment/mandate pending appeal.  Which also means they would be granting certiorari, which they won't so. off to prison with him.

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

It's not really convenience.  He was granted bail, as he likely should have been using reasonable bail parameters.  People out on bail typically stay on bail until convicted, and on appeal if the trial judge feels there might be a substantial question on appeal.

Once he lost the appeal, the only chance he has to stay out is if the Supreme Court grants a stay of the judgment/mandate pending appeal.  Which also means they would be granting certiorari, which they won't so. off to prison with him.

Been wanting to use this gif

image.gif.538ebb1b83f706ab3aa6847746c6244a.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

He should have been sucking dick by dinner on the day he lost the appeal.

• Hook 'Em 2

Shooter McGavin, "You eat dicks for Dinner?  I thought my breakfast choice was bad."  

TwiceHorn---given the new, slightly harsher facility, do you still think he'll serve his full sentence or will they dilute it a bit given the change of venue (prison, not court)?  

12 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Shooter McGavin, "You eat dicks for Dinner?  I thought my breakfast choice was bad."  

TwiceHorn---given the new, slightly harsher facility, do you still think he'll serve his full sentence or will they dilute it a bit given the change of venue (prison, not court)?  

I'm not sure that's true.  It's a misdemeanor and a four-month sentence, so I'm not sure the other public safety factors that raise the security level apply, which is what that analysis is based on.

And no I don't think they're going to shorten shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Here is my question: the trial court has already allowed him to stay out on bail pending a grant of rehearing, an extremely small percentage chance, even more unlikely without a dissent in the original panel.  I guess I was just assuming that that same trial court have the authority to continue that out on bond status, assuming a writ of Cert is filed almost immediately.  Certainly a denial of the writ means off to prison -  but I’m not so sure that if a writ is immediately filed that he won’t be able to stay out, pending the granting or denial of the writ.

i’m sure that makes scheduling hookers and blow a dicey thing

Just now, Satchel said:

I read that Rikers is still a possibility. Let’s hope so.

That would make sense because his state fraud case is due to begin in September in New York.  I'm no bureau of prison's expert, but logistically....

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Dipshit just lost his appeal in the US DC Circuit.  Barring unlikely intervention he is headed to prison on July 1.  Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.  

Point of procedure.  He lost his appeal on the merits of his conviction a couple of weeks ago.  He asked the DC Circuit to continue his release until his appeals are exhausted.  DC Circuit said no shirt, no shoes, no service.

He can try again at SCOTUS, but they denied Navarro's which was pretty similar.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

The motion goes to the Chief Justice, who is saner than most of the cabal. He denied Navarros and Navarro asked for full court reconsideration, which was also denied. 

I'd expect the same here. 

20 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Point of procedure.  He lost his appeal on the merits of his conviction a couple of weeks ago.  He asked the DC Circuit to continue his release until his appeals are exhausted.  DC Circuit said no shirt, no shoes, no service.

He can try again at SCOTUS, but they denied Navarro's which was pretty similar.

Dude, It's no shirt, no shoes, no dice!

image.png.5b43c8281cd7dad8cbe6fd99e6876b47.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.cadc.39203/gov.uscourts.cadc.39203.1208635277.0.pdf

2-1 decision.  Trump appointed judge finding it hard to type with Trump dick in his mouth, but managed a dissent, saying the Supreme Court would probably like to hear this case. 

The actual dissent from the Trump appointed judge is pretty much this

IMG_2876.png.2b9f73e2b8812daa735de5768ef4e197.png

18 U.S. Code § 3143 is pretty clear that unless the judge finds a good chance of an appellant taking a writ to Scotus succeeding, the defendant has to report to jail.    

This really was not a 2-1 decision in its treatment of how the appellate court had to rule due to binding precedent.  even the Trump appointed judge admits that the DC circuit had to rule the way it ruled to be consistent with prior decisions on the same fact.

The only thing the loopy Trump judge said was that ‘Bannon has to lose here, maybe the conservatives on the Supreme Court can undo everything. ‘

Given that Bannon was recently convicted for defrauding Trump fans prior to Trump pardoning him, I don’t think Bannon is going to be the case where SCOTUS sticks its neck out and makes new law.  Bannon should be going to jail Monday next.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

29 minutes ago, safe sex said:

WHY?!

Because the media is garbage, staffed by garbage, and continues to think they won’t be one of the first people targeted by a second Trump admin 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

So it appears Steve-o will report to FCI Danbury on Monday.  That's a low, not a camp, so whoever predicted that apparently was right.  Lows are actual lockups, camps just have a fence.

73e15f770a715c4b087bd6fca3d19183.jpg
  • Haha 1