Texas RB Talk

LTtxfan

45 minutes ago, Zeus said:

So fucking pumped to watch these dudes this year. 

I do hope Red can get some carries too I think he's pretty special. It's just all that talent ahead of him - Baxter and Blue - are going to tear it the fuck up this year.

Red is gone.  

Been in portal for awhile. Where's he going?

EDIT: I wanted to see what he can do, but he didn't see the field much. I sasumed something about practice put him on the bench. Prolly a white t-shirt guy?

13 hours ago, Zeus said:

So fucking pumped to watch these dudes this year. 

I do hope Red can get some carries too I think he's pretty special. It's just all that talent ahead of him - Baxter and Blue - are going to tear it the fuck up this year.

For a king of the gods you sure can be stupid sometimes.

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Been in portal for awhile. Where's he going?

EDIT: I wanted to see what he can do, but he didn't see the field much. I sasumed something about practice put him on the bench. Prolly a white t-shirt guy?

I think @closetojumpingmentioned something about how he was an energy taker around the team....or something. Can't remember his exact wording on Red's issues.

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I think @closetojumpingmentioned something about how he was an energy taker around the team....or something. Can't remember his exact wording on Red's issues.

Not complicated. He is tough as hell and thought he should be playing a lot more than he was. He showed up fat to spring camp and then bitched about touches. In the spring exit interviews he was told to go be fat and angry somewhere else.

I mean, that’s how I would have said it. Twelve Win Theven may have framed things more nicely. 

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Not complicated. He is tough as hell and thought he should be playing a lot more than he was. He showed up fat to spring camp and then bitched about touches. In the spring exit interviews he was told to go be fat and angry somewhere else.

I mean, that’s how I would have said it. Twelve Win Theven may have framed things more nicely. 

Okay, so he hasn't got a home yet, apparently. 

Which is sad, to me - I also wanted to see him get more touches. Maybe he goes nowhere, has an attitude asjustment, and begs successfully for another chance. Or maybe not.

EDIT: You've spelt "Phteven" incorrectly.

... well, and "Thteven", too.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Okay, so he hasn't got a home yet, apparently. 

Which is sad, to me - I also wanted to see him get more touches. Maybe he goes nowhere, has an attitude asjustment, and begs successfully for another chance. Or maybe not.

EDIT: You've spelt "Phteven" incorrectly.

... well, and "Thteven", too.

I view it as a panoply of options. No wrong way to spell Thweven. 

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I view it as a panoply of options. No wrong way to spell Thweven. 

Zero and Infinity are only the same thing if you're in Collie Station.

Although, be fair, neither of them is a number, so...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Shitty news.

Looking forward I suppose that means Blue and Wisner will be the main dudes this year with Gibson subbing in to pack a punch. Gotta think the initial plan will be to preserve Clark unless he is too good to hold back.

Ced Baxter is the ultimate teammate, much like Bjian. He'll be a great guy to get tips from and just cheering for his brothers in arms. 

Sark is a master at disguises and I will not be surprised to see some shit we've never seen before. Gibson and Clark will do their jobs and hopefully get better each week. This isn't some dumb "blessing in disguise", but trial by fire can be a good thing considering no team on our schedule has seen the young backs, to which Sark can take advantage. Make it to OU healthy and the offense might be good to go. Gibson will just need to be a bowling ball in short yardage, and Clark do the Bijan stuff. We have many combos Sark can and will utilize. I'm not too worried, even though I was really hoping to see Baxter have his breakout season. 

4 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Texas RB Tre Wisner Speaks on Building the Culture & Running Hard 

3rd & Longhorn     posted 56 minutes ago

Tre is wise beyond his years. Great video. Show's what kind of person he is but it also give great insight to the team culture that Sark and the players built. This program is built to last. I truly believe that Sark will retire from the UT head coaching job of his own choosing many many years from now. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Viper said:

Might be in Texas best interest to reduce the number of plays/game for Blue and Wisner during non-conference other than Michigan game.

Gotta believe Bolden and Niblett will be motioned out of the backfield some just like Keilan was in 2023.  

Edited by LTtxfan
messed up

53 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Might be in Texas best interest to reduce the number of plays/game for Blue and Wisner during non-conference other than Michigan game.

Gotta believe Bolden and Niblett will be motioned out of the backfield some just like Keilan was in 2023.  

Hopefully this shows morons like Savion Red that you will get your chance if you work hard and stay the course

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Hopefully this shows morons like Savion Red that you will get your chance if you work hard and stay the course

There are no guarantees though, especially for someone like Red, who, while very talented, was probably never going to be the top 2 or 3 most talented in the room. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

There are no guarantees though, especially for someone like Red, who, while very talented, was probably never going to be the top 2 or 3 most talented in the room. 

That is great and all, but he couldve been showcasing his talents in places like DKR, the Cotton Bowl, and the Big House and instead he gets zero exposure out in the desert of Nevada. Chasing NIL money is so shortsighted when it is costing you the exposure you will need to get drafted and make the real money. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

That is great and all, but he couldve been showcasing his talents in places like DKR, the Cotton Bowl, and the Big House and instead he gets zero exposure out in the desert of Nevada. Chasing NIL money is so shortsighted when it is costing you the exposure you will need to get drafted and make the real money. 

He was 5th string for fucks sake

• Hook 'Em 1

Juan Davis and Ryan Niblett are the obvious best options here. Gullette is surprising. Otherwise, Jelani McDonald has lots of wildcat in his hudl and Warren Roberson can ball.

I’ll get these findings put into a formal memo for Sark and Choice immediately.

2 hours ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Because I'm sure Red is just raking in huge NIL bucks as a spring transfer competing for RB snaps at Nevada.

He left because he was in danger of falling to 5th string on the depth chart as a junior. It ain't that complicated. Those guys don't stick around and Texas shouldn't want them to stick around.

• Hook 'Em 4

Might become a Longhorn "Cult Hero"

Screenshot_20240813-205849_kindlephoto-19724964.png.dd0a8d9844e8e875d9c23696ee51695e.png

First scrimmage notes of preseason camp for Aug. 10

Hook'em Headlines...

As expected, junior Jaydon Blue and sophomore Tre Wisner took the first and second-team reps at running back for the Longhorns' backfield in the fall scrimmage today. True freshman Jerrick Gibson was also mixed in the backfield rotation for the Longhorns behind Wisner and Blue.

After the scholarship running backs, the rusher who reportedly had the best performance in this fall scrimmage was junior walk-on Colin Page. Orangebloods' Anwar Richardson reported after the scrimmage that Page had one of the best days of any Texas running back today.

Page reportedly had a few nice runs where he was very physical running between the tackles. He also had a short touchdown run for a few yards to get into the end zone.

It sounds like while it was a tough day for the running backs in general, not being able to find much room to run against a stout Texas defensive front with the first and second-team defenses, Page was a bright spot for the backfield.

As a side note, second-year linebacker Derion Gullette reportedly saw snaps on both sides of the ball, at linebacker and as a reserve running back for the Longhorns.

SBNation 

Longhorns head coach Steve Sarkisian singled out walk-on Colin Page as the offensive standout among the non-scholarship players after Page scored a touchdown and had at least one explosive run in Saturday’s scrimmage. A 6’0, 210-pounder from Austin Anderson, Page is the lead walk-on running back with the departure of Woods with baseball player Nik Sanders providing some size and athleticism as another walk-on acclimating to football after exclusively playing catcher for the Longhorns last season.